[翻譯] 鄉民信箱

看板Athletics作者時間17年前 (2007/08/22 14:54), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串3/6 (看更多)
全文:http://tinyurl.com/2hu3u4 Mailbag: Are tensions mounting? 緊張情勢逐漸升高? Beat reporter Mychael Urban answers A's fans' questions By Mychael Urban / MLB.com How much stock should we put in the recent story about clubhouse tension? Do the players really dislike manager Bob Geren that much, or is it, as Mark Ellis suggested, a by-product of a losing season? -- Kyle R., Sunnyvale, Calif. 我們應該投入多少現貨有關於最近綠帽內部發生緊張的情勢? 球員們是否真正地不喜歡總教練Geren? 還是像Ellis所建言,接受這失敗球季的成果吧? I thought Ellis nailed it. If the A's were leading the division by 10 games, that story wouldn't have come out. Alan Embree nailed it, too, when he pointed out that selfish interests kick in when a team starts losing. 我認為Ellis說對了.假如現在綠帽在分區領先10場以上,這種事將不會發生. Embree也同意,當球隊開始輸球時,人總是會為一己之私說有的沒的. Does everyone love Geren? No. Some of the players think he's too soft. But if you think there's a team in the big leagues that doesn't have at least a couple of players who aren't wild about the manager, you're wrong. 大家是否喜愛Geren?不.某些球員認為他太優柔寡斷. 但是如果你認為一個大聯盟球隊會因為一群球員談論總教練不夠強悍,那你就錯了. Geren is new to this whole thing, and he's doing the best he can. He's made some mistakes, and he definitely needs to stop painting everything in a completely positive light if he wants to maintain credibility. But in my opinion, that story was an example of picking low-hanging fruit. 整個事件來看,Geren是新手,他試著努力做到最好.他犯了一些過錯, 假如他想重新獲得信任感的話,他得明確地需要停止認為說做每件事都是正面的. 但是在我看來,這種事像是桌上拿橘子一樣簡單. ============================================================================== What happened to our farm system? It used to be one of the best in baseball, and now the cupboard seems almost bare -- at least at Triple-A. -- James M., San Diego 我們的農場發生了什麼事?它曾經是棒球界最優秀的其中之一, 但現在看起來光禿禿的 -- 在3A至少如此. The system isn't as stocked as it once was, but don't forget about the ripple effect of all the injuries and underachievement at the big-league level. If the team the A's had hoped to have this year had stayed intact and performed to expectations, you probably wouldn't have submitted this question. 農場內的新秀不是還在養就是被叫上去使用了, 但是不要忘了一波接著一波的傷兵和還沒成熟到大聯盟可以用的等級. 假如綠帽今年原班人馬打出希望且得到預料中的成績出來, 你大概不會問這種問題. For instance, Travis Buck wasn't supposed to be in Oakland this year. Yes, he belongs, but that doesn't change the fact that he'd probably still be at Triple-A if the outfield hadn't been ravaged by injuries. 比方說,Buck今年不應該在綠帽出現.是的,他是那塊料子, 但是假如先發外野手沒被傷兵所苦,不做點變動的話,他人應該在3A. Kurt Suzuki is a keeper, too, but he should probably be in Sacramento with Buck. Only when the A's fell out of contention did they trade Jason Kendall. And if the pitching staff had stayed healthy, we might not have seen Santiago Casilla this year. Throw Dan Meyer and Dallas Braden, who will be good pitchers in the Majors, and Daric Barton into the mix, and with a little better fortune at the big-league level, people would probably be talking about how loaded the A's are with top prospects. Suzuki同樣的也應該保留著,他應該在河喵隊與Buck一起打拼. 當綠帽退出競爭者行列時,他們交易了Kendall. 如果投手們都能健康的話,我們也許今年見不到Casilla,Meyer和Braden, 他們將會是好投手和Barton一起奮鬥,假以時日成為大聯盟等級的新秀, 鄉民們大概會談論著有關綠帽如何養出"二代象"的事. ============================================================================== Come on, what's the real reason Huston Street wasn't closing for so long after he came back? I don't buy the company line. -- Thom C., Oakland 當Street歸隊後不會長期擔任終結者的真正原因是什?我沒有內線,快點! I don't know the real reason, but I do know that Street is eligible for arbitration for the first time this offseason, and the fewer saves a closer has, the less money he'll make in arbitration. And with Embree pitching so well and the team out of the race, it doesn't seem unfathomable that the A's would look for ways to save a little glue next season. 我不知道實情,但我知道Street在今年球季末擁有第一次的仲裁資袼, 而且擔任終結者拿到較少的救援成功,他在仲裁後會拿到較少的錢. 並且球隊退出季後賽資格後,Embree關門關的不錯, 綠帽將尋找方法找出為下一季保持一些競爭力,這不難理解. ============================================================================== Why are you predicting a big offseason for general manager Billy Beane? -- Walter P., Palo Alto, Calif. 你為何預言豆子在球季末會有大動作? Other than the attempt to trade Joe Blanton for prospects, there's nothing in particular that makes me think that other than my experience covering the team. Billy goes big and bold every few years, and he hasn't done it since the winter of 2004. 除了嘗試用Blanton換取優質新秀, 我認為我的經驗告訴我,這麼做並不會得到什麼特別的東西. 豆子自從在04年冬季後,這幾年來沒做什麼大動作和醒目的交易. He also thinks a little like the late Bill Walsh did when Walsh was running the 49ers, in that he'd rather make moves a year too early than a year too late. Beane is going to make headlines this offseason; there's no doubt in my mind. 他也認為他有點像在49人隊的Walsh的作風,他寧可早點動手而不想動作太慢. 豆子在這個球季末將會做出大動作:依我所見沒有疑義. ============================================================================== Is it safe to say that Mike Piazza will be gone before next season? And what do you think about Jack Cust signing a multiyear deal? -- Jesse H., Alameda, Calif. 在下一季之前說Piazza將會離去的話是否安全?還有你認為Cust該給長約嗎? It's very safe to say Piazza won't be an Athletic next year. As for signing Cust to a multiyear deal, I don't see it happening unless it's for two years, max. Personally, I wouldn't even do that. 說Piazza明年不會待在綠帽的問題是個非常安全的答案. 至於給Cust長約嘛,我看起來是不會發生的事,要嘛頂多兩年,甚至我連給都不想給. For one thing, Cust isn't even eligible for arbitration until after next season (assuming he stays in the big leagues the whole time), so the A's can sign him to a one-year deal at the big league minimum based on his service time this winter. And as productive as Cust has been this year, wouldn't you like to see him do it two years in a row before making a long-term commitment? 首先,Cust直到下一個球季都還沒仲裁資袼,(指的是在大聯盟所待的時間) 因此綠帽可能在今年季末以大聯盟最低薪續簽一年.而且在今年Cust繼續他的打擊工作, 你不會喜歡看到他在簽了長約之前當了兩年的守備工作 ~_~ . ============================================================================== (新球場在環境評估中) What's the latest on the Fremont stadium? I haven't read anything in quite awhile. -- Andy P., Scottsdale, Ariz. There aren't any major new developments to report, but that doesn't mean nothing's happening. Led by Keith Wolff, who's in charge of venue development, the A's are working on the project daily. Plans for the commercial village that will surround the park have been submitted, and a club spokesman said "everything is on track and moving in a positive direction." One of the big stories on the horizon will be in regards to the environmental impact report, which the A's have to commission and present as part of their overall proposal, but I'm told the report hasn't been started. ============================================================================== (問賣咖啡球場住址的..) The kids I babysit want to send a fan letter to Jack Hannahan. What's the proper way to do this? Will it really reach Jack? -- Jessica D., San Rafael, Calif. The proper way to get fan mail to any member of the organization is to send it in care of the Oakland Athletics, McAfee Coliseum, 7000 Coliseum Way, Oakland, CA, 94621. And yes, the player will get the letter. -- 小魚FAAB聯盟冠軍 2002年 Wumeow 2003年 Kagemoto 2004年 Lightsaber 2005年 Deathscythe 2006年 Ayukawayen -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.210.194.72 ※ 編輯: smoo 來自: 218.210.194.72 (08/22 14:57)

08/22 15:34, , 1F
XD 推~
08/22 15:34, 1F

08/22 21:11, , 2F
08/22 21:11, 2F

08/23 16:46, , 3F
原來不上Street關門是為了省錢的陰謀啊
08/23 16:46, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #16ozsL8q (Athletics)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #16ozsL8q (Athletics)