Mailbag: Is Huff in Astros' future plans?

看板Astros作者 ( 具體可感...)時間18年前 (2006/07/18 20:25), 編輯推噓7(701)
留言8則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
07/17/2006 12:29 PM ET Mailbag: Is Huff in Astros' future plans? Beat writer Alyson Footer answers fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com 原文網址︰http://kuso.cc/07lK I know it is still early, but what are the long-term plans with Aubrey Huff? Is he a free agent at the end of the season and do you think the Astros will pursue him for a longer tenure? -- Patrick N., Bella Vista, AR 問︰我知道現在問還太早,不過球團對於 Aubrey Huff 有何長期打算?本季結束 他是否就成為自由球員了?那你覺得太空人隊會不會和他簽下長約? -- Patrick N., Bella Vista, AR Huff would be a free agent after this season and I would imagine that if he performs the way the Astros expect him to, they will be interested in signing him long-term. It's too early to tell how that's going to go. They have to figure out what to do with Morgan Ensberg first. But if Huff provides consistent offense, that will be more than the Astros have received from a lot of players who were already on the roster. In that respect, they'd be crazy to let him go. 答︰Huff 本季結束會成為自由球員,如果他今年在場上的火力支援有像太空人當 初所期待的,那麼球季結束他們一定有興趣與他簽一紙長約。目前要討論未來動向 稍嫌太早。首先他們還須清楚知道該如何處置 Ensberg。如果 Huff 提供持續火力, 這樣太空人 roster 中容納的可用之兵就太多了。這樣看來,要不要讓他離開會使 球團很傷腦筋。 I was very surprised when I found out that Jason Lane was optioned to Round Rock. Although he hasn't been doing as well offensively this season as he has done in the past, he has still made enormous contributions to the organization. Is there a chance that he'll come back to the Majors soon? -- Katie P., Mt. Kisco, NY 問︰當我知道 Jason Lane 要被下放到 3A的 Round Rock 隊,相當的驚訝。雖然 今年球季他在打擊表現慘不忍睹,但是他仍然有給予隊上相當程度的貢獻。近 期他有沒有可能再次回到 Majors 來呢? -- Katie P., Mt. Kisco, NY The Astros would love to bring Lane back. But he has to get back on track first. A .205 average isn't going to cut it, and considering Lane wasn't playing much anyway, it's best for him to work out the kinks in the non-stressful environment that is Triple-A. 答︰太空人隊也願意讓 Lane 回到陣中。但他要先讓自己恢復狀況。 2成05打擊率 並不足以下放他,只是考慮到 Lane 也沒有太多上場機會,讓他在 3A這個較無壓力 的環境下好好調整對他最好不過。 For all of his offensive shortcomings, he's the best defensive outfielder the Astros have and they need him up here. But considering how badly the first half ended, the club had to make changes. Lane has options left on his contract , so he was the first to go. Ensberg, had he not gone on the disabled list, was looking at little to no playing time once they traded for Huff. 雖然他各項打擊表現讓人搖頭,但是他是太空人隊守備最好的外野手,球團也需要 他留在隊上。但一想到他上半季糟透的成績,球團需要做些陣容的變動。在他的合約 中,球團可把他 option 到小聯盟,所以他就是首選。球團將 Huff 交易來,假使 Ensberg 現在沒有進傷兵名單,他也不會有什麼上場空間了。 During Spring Training, manager Phil Garner told the young pitchers that they were going to get their chance, but if they didn't perform, they wouldn't last long up here. He could have given the same speech to just about everyone on the roster. The Astros are not in rebuilding mode. They have a directive to go to the World Series and win it, and there's no time to be patient with players who are in three-month slumps. 春訓的時候,總教練 Garner 告訴年輕投手們,他們正在爭取爭取上場的機會, 但是如果他們表現不佳,他們就不可能待多久。相同的談話他也告訴 roster 中 的每個人。太空人隊不是支正歷經陣痛重建的球隊。他們有一個贏得世界大賽的 明確目標,所以不會有時間去耐心等待數月低潮的球員恢復身手。 What will the Astros do at the trade deadline? Will they try to get Bobby Abreu, Carl Crawford or Dontrelle Willis or just stick with the players they have? -- Caleb T., Beeville, Texas 問︰交易截止日前太空人還有什麼補強動作?他們會試著把 Abreu、Crawford、 Willis 之類的球員納入隊上來嗎?或者就依著目前陣容到季末呢? --- Caleb T., Beeville, Texas All of those names sound great. But don't get your hopes up. Abreu's too expensive, Crawford's not available and Willis will cost a ton in terms of prospects, and quite frankly, the Astros don't have much in their farm system that interests the Marlins. 這些名字聽來真讓人流口水。但別抱太多希望。Abreu〝所費不貲〞,Crawford 不可能拿到,至於 Willis 的身價要拿一堆農產品才能換取,而且老實說太空人 的農場也沒有種出多少好作物,因此不會去找馬林魚交易。  If the Astros make a deadline deal, it will probably be for a reliever. After watching Sunday's finale in Florida, all I can say to that is, "Amen." 如果太空人在交易大限前有動作,也可能是交易個後援投手來。看完星期天在佛羅里 達做客的最終比數,我只能說〝阿門〞! I often see Garner and Brad Ausmus talking during games Ausmus isn't playing in. What are the chances Ausmus eventually will become a manager? -- Megan P., Houston 問︰Ausmus 沒有上場的時候,我常常看他在比賽進行時與 Garner 在討論事情。 未來 Ausmus 有沒有可能成為總教練? -- Megan P., Houston Most baseball people believe Ausmus will someday be a manager. He'll have plenty of opportunities once his playing career is over if he wants to go that route. But most big-league managers first coach and manage in the Minors, which entails long bus rides and months away from home. I can't picture Ausmus doing that, but after he's out of the game for a few years, who knows? He may miss it enough to come back. 答︰大部分的棒球人士都相信 Ausmus 有一天會當總教練。一旦他的球員生涯結束, 如果他想循著這條路徑走,他會擁有很多機會。不過大部分的大聯盟總教練首先須在 小聯盟擔任教練與管理,必須搭乘巴士做長途移動以及離家數月。我無法想像 Ausmus 會這麼做,但他從球員退役幾年後,誰知道未來會怎樣?他也許會錯過很多與家人相聚 的機會。 Why didn't Garner pick Craig Biggio for an All-Star slot? He's moving up in many all-time lists with seemingly every game he plays. He holds some National League career records -- extending those with every game he plays. He finally got his team to the World Series. He deserves to be on the All-Star team. He may not be capable of getting enough fan or player votes at this stage of his careeer, but surely his manager should have shown his appreciation. -- Greg P., Houston 問︰為什麼 Garner 不把 Biggio 選進全明星隊?他多次入選明星隊,幾乎每屆都有 參賽。他保有一些國聯球員生涯紀錄---不斷締造出賽場次。他最後也讓他的球隊打進 世界大賽。他應該入選明星賽。或許沒有那麼多球迷與球員的選票支持,不過他的總教 練理所當然要許他機會以表賞識。 -- Greg P., Houston Biggio is not having an All-Star caliber year, and the All-Star Game, as Garner pointed out, is not an awards banquet. Biggio is having a nice year and is a valuable member of this offense. His first-half numbers were not All-Star caliber. I was a bit surprised with the criticism Garner received for not taking him. The All-Star Game is for players having All-Star years, period. 答︰Biggio 今年並沒有明星等級的身手,正如 Garner 指出,明星賽並不是頒獎典禮。 Biggio 擁有成績很棒的球季而且是隊中火力珍貴的一角。不過他上半季的表現並非明星 級的水準。很訝異居然有人會因 Garner 不選 Biggio 而提出批評。全明星賽是要 給該年表現擁有明星級水準的球員上場的。 Since the Astros are struggling a bit this year and finding more losing streaks than winning streaks, will we be seeing Jason Hirsh anytime soon? From what I hear, he is a very promising pitcher, and I want to know if he will be called up to the 40-man or pitch next season. -- Scott L., Houston 問︰何時看到 Jason Hirsh 被調上來嗎?就我所知,他可是明日之星,因此我想知道他是 否會被放進 40人名單當中或是明年就在太空人隊投球了。 --Scott L., Houston He's already on the 40-man roster; it's the 25-man he has yet to crack. Hirsh is the club's top pitching prospect and the always slow-moving, conservative Astros would rather not bring him up this year. He could come up in September when rosters expand, and he'll most definitely compete for a spot in the rotation next spring. 答︰他目前在40人名單內,還未成為25人名單一員。 Hirsh 是球團的未來王牌,所以 要小心謹慎的慢慢栽培。太空人寧可今年不將他升上來。當九月份名單擴編他可能就會 在其中,不過明年春訓才是他競爭先發投手最明確的時刻。 To bring Hirsh in during a race -- whether it's for the Wild Card or division -- may not be the best way to go. That's a lot of pressure for a kid who's never played in the big leagues. 不論是在競爭外卡或分區冠軍的時候推 Hirsh 上來,都非上上策。因為對一個從未在大 聯盟出賽的孩子來說,這樣做有排山倒海的壓力加諸到他身上。 Plus, will they really need Hirsh this year? The Astros rotation looks to be in fine shape in the second half of this season. Oswalt, Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte are all looking great. Brandon Backe is returning on July 22 and although Taylor Buchholz has struggled, he's also been very solid and shows a lot of promise. 再說,今年真的需要 Hirsh 嗎?太空人的先發投手群在今年下半季還挺穩健 的。 三巨投 Oswalt、Clemens、Pettitte 都能夠壓制對手。雖然 Buchholz 近況不佳但 Backe 7/22就歸隊了,他仍然相當犀利而且表現了無限希望。 How far have the Astros gotten with getting Oswalt's contract extended? -- Aaron M., Houston 問︰還有多久太空人隊會和 Oswalt 續約? -- Aaron M., Houston It's my understanding that Oswalt will play out his last arbitration year in 2007, and test the free agency market following that season. The Astros control his status for one more season and then they risk losing him. 答︰據我了解 2007年是 Oswalt 可提出薪資仲裁的最後一年。 接下來的球季是試驗他投入自由球員市場的身價。太空人隊只能再擁有他一年了, 接著他們有失去 Oswalt 的危險。 I am a very big Astros fan, and they are really the only team I watch. My question is, why do they change their lineup so frequently? It seems like they do it twice as much as any other team. And as a fantasy owner with five Astros, that is not helping me. -- Jake S., Breaux Bridge, La. 問︰我是個非常死忠的太空人球迷,太空人也是我唯一關注的球隊。我的問題是, 為什麼教練常常在改變先發打線呢?改變的頻率好像是其他球隊的兩倍。身為一個 擁有五名太空人球員的玩家,這讓我相當麻煩。 -- Jake S., Breaux Bridge, La My heart bleeds for your fantasy team. They change their lineup so frequently because they haven't been able to establish one that works day after day, week after week. The addition of Huff should help to a degree. 答︰我真心同情你的 fantasy 球隊。教練改變打線這麼頻繁是因為他們一直無法 排出一個能每天與每週均能連貫的棒次。不過 Huff 補進來能有相當程度的提升。 If the Astros had produced with any kind of consistency in the first half, Garner would have had the luxury of using the same lineup while inserting a backup player in here and there when the regulars needed a day off. Unfortunately, Garner has had no such luxury thus far. 要是今年上半季太空人打線有稍稍連貫的話,在先發球員休息,縱然要使用替補球員 上場, Garner 安排相同的打線仍能遊刃有餘。不過 Garner 今年到目前沒這種福氣。 As Preston Wilson appears to have overcome his early-season hitting woes, has he done enough for the Astros to consider picking up his option years? If he has not produced enough, how much production do you think it will take? -- Chuck R., Orange Park, Fla. 問︰當 Wilson 棒子漸漸加溫,克服球季前期的低潮,他的表現足以讓太空人考慮執行 他的選擇權嗎?如果他目前量產不夠,你覺得他要打幾支才能夠交代過去? -- Chuck R., Orange Park, Fla. If the Astros were to pick up the option, they would be making a three-year commitment worth $24 million to Wilson. For that kind of money, the Astros need to find someone who can provide more power. They could have lived with the strikeouts if Wilson had done what was expected of him -- use the Crawford Boxes as his own personal firing range. Wilson's right-handed power and the short porch in left field were supposed to translate into home runs. He's hit eight all year. Yes, seven were hit at home, but I think the Astros had a little something more in mind when they signed him. 答︰如果太空人對要執行選擇權,他們會對 Wilson 提出 3年 24M。對於這種金額的 合約,太空人隊要給的是能提供較強火力的球員。要是 Wilson 的表現能如球團所期待的 ,把 Crawford Box 當作全壘打試射場,那他們尚能忍受他大風扇的不時發功。憑 Wilson 右打者的 power 以及防守左外野才一丁點的區域被認為應該可轉換成全壘打的供應。 他目前才打了 8支全壘打。是的!其中有 7支還是在我們自家球場轟出來的,不過我覺得 ,太空人隊當初與他簽約,一定有考量到什麼原因。 I'm guessing that's one option that won't be picked up. 我想,那就是一個不會去執行的一個選擇權。 I am tired of hearing Garner praise Chris Burke and playing him in center field instead of Willy Taveras. Taveras has a much better arm and fields his position superbly. Put him back in lead-off where he excelled last year. Just look at the stats. -- John L., San Benito, Calif. 問︰我對於聽到 Garner 稱讚 Burke 並讓他取代 Taveras 擔任先發中外野手感到嗤之 以鼻。 Taveras 有較強的臂力,而且鎮守中外野的功力一流。讓他回去擔任去年表 現可圈可點的開路先鋒位置吧。只要看看數據就一清二楚了。 -- John L., San Benito, Calif. As long as the hitting continues to sputter along as it has for the last three months, Garner has no choice but to choose offense over speed and defense. Taveras didn't excel in the leadoff spot last year after opposing pitchers figured him out and exposed his weaknesses. His on-base percentage was abysmal in the second half and he drew 25 walks in more than 600 plate appearances. That's not going to get it done. 答︰只要在接下來這三個月打線還有便秘的症狀, Garner 別無選擇,會以球員進攻 火力而非速度作為考量。去年在曝露缺點並被對方投手了解習性後,Taveras 就無法 勝任開路先鋒。去年下半季他的上壘率糟透了而且600個打席才獲得25次保送。這實在 不好。 ================= 恩,沒翻好的地方,我再修。 -- ~ 你對世界如何發問,世界就如何回答你 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.213.105

07/18 23:12, , 1F
Jason Lane居然是隊上防守最好的外野手?!?!?!??! = =
07/18 23:12, 1F

07/18 23:31, , 2F
我跟樓上有一樣的疑問 最好的應該是小塔吧
07/18 23:31, 2F

07/19 00:26, , 3F
Backe終於要回來啦!
07/19 00:26, 3F

07/19 02:13, , 4F
真不希望Roy走...
07/19 02:13, 4F