Mailbag: The truth about the roof

看板Astros作者 (要學著觀察生活環境)時間18年前 (2005/12/21 16:24), 編輯推噓4(400)
留言4則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
12/19/2005 10:00 AM ET Mailbag: The truth about the roof Alyson Footer answers Astros fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com From:http://kuso.cc/h84 A correction from my last mailbag: Ken Griffey and Ken Griffey Jr. were not the most recent father-son combination to play in a game together. That distinction goes to Tim Raines and his son, Tim Raines Jr., who played left and center field, respectively, for the Orioles on Oct. 4, 2001. A belated happy birthday to Craig Biggio, who turned the big 4-0 on Dec. 14. 上週的郵包有地方需做修正:最近期在同場比賽打球的父子並非 Ken Griffey 父子檔,而是 Tim Raines 和他的兒子小Tim Raines。他們於2001年的10月4日在金鶯 隊分別擔任左外野與中外野手的位置。 遲來的生日快樂,祝福 Biggio ,他在12月14日邁入人生那重要的第四個十年。 [ 按: the big 4-0 翻這樣不知妥當否?我程度不好 > < ] Has someone in the Astros organization DESTROYED the stadium rulebook that states when the roof must be open or closed? A new one must be written that states we open and close the roof when we please. -- Shaun R, Austin, Texas Shaun R, Austin, Texas---太空人隊球團中,會有人要〝毀掉〞球場使用書上 屋頂何時該關閉或開啟的規則嗎? 我認為在新規則上,是否開啟與關閉屋頂 要隨我們家球團高興。 There are a few issues that need to be cleared up regarding the roof rules. Let's start with the guidelines that are listed in the Astros' media guide. 根據屋頂使用規則,有少數問題需要澄清。現在我們就從列在太空人隊媒體指南 上的入門介紹開始。 Line 1: "The decision as to whether a game begins with the roof open or closed rests solely with the home club." 第一條︰比賽開始,屋頂的開閉僅由主場球團決定。 The Astros have always had the say over whether the roof is open or closed. But the World Series is considered property of Major League Baseball, and the Commissioner used his power to open the roof for Games 3 and 4. 太空人隊從頭到尾擁有屋頂開閉的決定權。但世界大賽是被認為是大聯盟所擁有的, 故聯盟會長行使他的權力來決定第三、四戰屋頂的開閉。 The rules also state, "If the game begins with the roof closed, it may be opened, when, in the opinion of the home club, the climatic environment has reached a level where fan comfort and enjoyment will be best served by opening the roof to the natural atmospheric conditions." 規則也說明〝若比賽一開始,屋頂是關閉的,接下來屋頂打開與否、和其開啟時段 就由主場球隊認定開啟屋頂時段的大汽狀態,氣候環境能讓球迷感到最舒服愉悅。〞 But the Astros rarely opened the roof last season, and to some degree, that decision hurt them in October. 但上個球季太空人隊很少打開屋頂,在某種程度上,該決定在10月份時傷害了他們。 Remember way back in the day when the roof would open at the top of the sixth inning? Well, actually, it wasn't "way back" in the day. It was 2000-03, when as long as there was no rain, the lid came off when the sun went down. 記得過去日間比賽,在6局上打開屋頂的習慣嗎?恩,事實上,這不是白天的慣例, 這是因為在 2000-03年時,只要沒下雨,出太陽的話,屋頂就會打開。 Those in uniform -- players, managers and coaches -- have always preferred for the roof to stay closed. The humidity and swirling winds in the outfield changed the conditions, often drastically, and pitchers, especially closers, hated having to adjust to the open air conditions in a matter of minutes. 那些穿著制服的球員、總管、教練們總是比較喜歡屋頂關著。外野的溼度和風向通常會徹底 影響投手的情況,尤其是 CLs 討厭還必須去適應開放空氣系統幾分鐘。 The practice of opening the roof became more sporadic in 2004 and pretty much disappeared in 2005. I suspect a certain future first ballot Hall of Famer in his early 40's had something to do with that, considering the pleas to the owner in the first four years at Minute Maid Park fell on deaf ears. 打開屋頂的習慣在2004年較常出現,2005年卻幾乎消失。 I suspect a certain future first ballot Hall of Famer in his early 40's had something to do with that, considering the pleas to the owner in the first four years at Minute Maid Park fell on deaf ears. (按:這句我有一點障礙,翻不太出,所以就先沒翻了> <) The Astros have to absorb some of the blame for the controversy before Game 3 of the World Series. Had they been opening the roof regularly during the season, it wouldn't have been a big deal to open it during the playoffs. But the players had adapted to the controlled conditions they played in all year, and they wanted those same conditions during the World Series -- the most important games they would play all year. 世界大賽第三戰前,太空人隊必須承受一些爭論的責難--在球季例行賽,他們應該打開 屋頂,因此在季後賽期間打開屋頂並沒有什麼了不起的。但球員已大半年適應受控制的 打球環境,因此他們在打一整年最重要的比賽--世界大賽時就會要求那些同樣的狀態。 When the Commish stepped in, players were angry and that became more of a story than the fact that the Astros were hosting the first World Series game ever held in the state of Texas. The whole episode was sad. And preventable. 當會長介入屋頂的開閉時,球員們不太高興,而且這新聞也比太空人隊是德州第一 個舉辦世界大賽球隊的事實還來的受人注目。 最後的結局令人傷心。本來可以阻止的。 Now that Roger Clemens has come out and announced which teams he will play for (Rangers, Yankees, Red Sox, or Astros), do you think Houston stands a chance if we even want to pay for him? -- Greg S., Lake Jackson, Texas Greg S., Lake Jackson, Texas---既然老克已經進入自由球員市場並對外表示他有 興趣的球隊(遊騎兵、洋基、紅襪、太空人)。如 果太空人隊願意花錢,你覺得會有機會將他簽下嗎? Yes, the Astros have a chance to sign Rocket, and I believe they are the favorite among the four teams listed. I believe the idea of pitching five months instead of seven, and having the same provision in his contract that allows for him to skip some of the travel, is intriguing to Clemens. I also believe he would not have as much success if he went back to the American League, where he'd have to face designated hitters instead of pitchers. 是的,太空人隊有機會簽下火箭人的,而我也相信太空人隊會是這四支球隊中 老克的首選。我相信出賽五個月比七個月還要好,合約中讓他不用隨球隊到客 場的條款也會深深吸引他。我也相信,如果他回到美聯,不會有多大的成功, 因為他就必須面對指定打擊而不是投手。 Do you believe that the signing of Brad Ausmus could make Clemens look at returning in June? -- Roy K., Odessa, Texas Roy K., Odessa, Texas---你相信簽下 Ausmus 會讓老克考慮在6月份時回太空人隊嗎? It certainly can't hurt. I would guess that if Clemens is making a pro/con list regarding whether or not he returns next year, Brad's new contract is considered a huge "pro." 無疑的,這沒傷害。我猜老克有在列一份關於他明年是否回來的 可能/考慮 名單, Brad的新合約被視為是極大的〝可能〞。 Clemens has said in the past that he wouldn't consider returning unless Ausmus was back, too. When it comes time for Roger to decide what he wants to do sometime in the next couple of months, I'm sure knowing Brad will be his catcher will be a selling point if he's interested in returning to the Astros. 老克曾說除非 Ausmus 也有回來太空人隊,否則他不會考慮回來投球。接下來的兩個月 是老克決定他未來要怎麼做的時間,我很確定如果他對回太空人隊有興趣,Brad當他 的御用捕手會是一大賣點。 Any chance Taylor Buchholz cracks the rotation next year, or has that already been decided? I really like the way he's pitched since coming back from his surgery. The Arizona Fall League is a tough league to get a 1.57 ERA! -- Jim C., Houston Jim C., Houston---Taylor Buchholz 有機會成為明年投手輪值中的一員嗎?或者這早 已決定了?我真的很喜歡他手術後復出的投球表現。在AFL這個好手 雲集的聯盟投出1.57的自責分率很不簡單。 Taylor will compete for a spot on the Opening Day roster, but his role has yet to be determined. He could win a starting job, but some in the organization think he would be a terrific setup man, a la Chad Qualls. Taylor會競爭明年開幕戰的一員,但目前他的定位尚未決定。他可能當先發投手,但 球團內有人認為他會循 Chad Qualls的模式一樣,當一個可怕的 setup man。 Why do players, specifically Lance Berkman, switch-hit when their average and homers are so low compared to their natural side? I know righty-lefty reasons, but wouldn't they do better hitting just one side? -- David K., Santa Fe, N.M. David K., Santa Fe, N.M.---為什麼特別像是肥仔這樣左右開弓的球員,換另一邊 打擊時,打擊率與全壘打都比他們原先慣用的的方向 還來的低。 我知道右打對左投的理由,但是固定一方打擊,他們 不是能表現的較好嗎? Lance has said in the past that hitting from the left side off a left-handed pitcher is like playing a completely different game. He has no comfort level whatsoever in that situation. Even though he doesn't have great numbers as a right-handed hitter, he has a much better chance producing from that side than he does hitting left-handed off a lefty. 過去肥仔曾說過,站在左打的打擊區面對左投手就像是在打一場孑然不同的比賽。在這 個狀況下〝無論如何〞他就是感到不對勁。當右打者時,縱使他沒有表現出很棒的數字, 他擔任右打的貢獻還是比他當左打面對左投時還來的多些。 As we all know, the Astros need offense. Will they sign Adam Dunn like I hope they do? He would add the missing pieces that the Astros need! -- Randall W., Houston Randall W., Houston---正如我們所知道的,太空人隊需要打擊的幫忙。他們會像我所 希望的一樣,簽下 Adam Dunn?他會增加太空人隊所需要的部 份。 We have to stop talking about Adam Dunn, for a few reasons: 基於少數理由,我們必須停止討論 Adam Dunn。 ‧ Adam Dunn is not a free agent. Adam Dunn並非自由球員。 ‧ Adam Dunn is property of the Cincinnati Reds, for at least two more years. 至少接下來的兩年 Adam Dunn 是辛辛那提紅人隊的資產。 ‧ If the Astros want Adam Dunn, the Reds will have to trade him. 如果太空人隊想要 Adam Dunn ,紅人隊必須將他交易出去。 ‧ The Reds traded Sean Casey and announced Adam Dunn will move to first base. 紅人隊之前交易了 Sean Casey 並表示 Adam Dunn 會移往一壘。 ‧ The Reds no longer have a logjam in the outfield. Therefore, Adam Dunn is not coming to Houston to play baseball. Unless he plays a pickup game in his backyard. 紅人隊的外野不再壅擠。所以 Adam Dunn 不會來休士頓打球。除非他在他家的後院 玩棒球遊戲。 With the Astros having signed Orlando Palmeiro and interested in Rondell White or another outfielder, what plans does the team have for Luke Scott in 2006? -- Dudley H., Huntsville, Texas Dudley H., Huntsville, Texas---隨著太空人隊簽下 Orlando Palmeiro 以及對 Rondell White 有興趣後,2006年對於 Luke Scott 球隊有沒有什麼計畫? Luke will have a chance to compete for a spot on the roster during Spring Training, same as last year. Of course, his chances would lessen if the Astros were to sign a free agent outfielder to be a bench player, but at this point, Luke is in the mix. 就像去年一樣,春訓的時候 Luke 會有機會角逐名單中該位置。當然,如果太空人隊 簽下一個自由球員的外野手來作為板凳球員,他的機會可能會減少。但以這個觀點 來說,Luke還是在其中的。 Do you think Jeff Bagwell is capable of getting to 500 homers within the next three seasons? And with Roy Oswalt's outstanding performance in the '05 season, do you think he will be a worthy contender for the Cy Young next season? -- Russ W., Houston Russ W., Houston---你覺得 Bagwell在接下來的三年裡能達到500支全壘打的紀錄嗎? 還有對於 Oswalt 2005年的傑出表現,你覺得下個球季他會是個 值得角逐賽揚獎的投手嗎? I think Jeff would chuckle at the notion of playing three more years. Let's get through '06 first. His contract runs through next season and the club holds an option for '07. I can't imagine any scenario where Bagwell would be playing in '08, the year he turns 40. 我想 Jeff 對於再打三年的想法,只會一笑置之。首先2006年球季過後。他的合約到明年, 而球團在07年有選擇權。所以我無法想像2008年屆滿40歲的他打球的情景。 Bagwell has 449 homers and I would imagine he'll come close to 500, but chances are he won't get there. Missing most of the 2005 season hurt his chances, obviously. Bagwell目前已打了449支全壘打,而我可以想像他的成績會接近500支,不過他卻沒獲得 機會。很明顯的,錯失2005年球季大部分的比賽,損傷了他的機會。 Oswalt will be a Cy Young contender for as long as his career lasts, assuming he remains healthy. He's just that good. But I'm still sticking with my earlier prediction that the Cy will go to Andy Pettitte next year. 只要職業生涯持續、如果保持身體健康,Oswalt 能夠競爭賽揚獎的。他就是這麼棒。 但我還是要堅持我之前所預測明年賽揚獎得主會是 Andy Pettitte的想法。 Do you think the Houston Astros organization will eventually retire Craig Biggio's and Bagwell's jersey numbers? I believe their career numbers and community service have earned them both that recognition! -- Amy H., Bedford, Penn. Amy H., Bedford, Penn---你覺得休士頓太空人球團最後會讓 Biggio和 Bagwell 的球衣背號也跟著退休嗎?我相信他們倆的生涯數字和對 球團的幫助能讓他們獲得這份的榮耀。 Bagwell and Biggio own almost every offensive record in club history. They are considered the best position players to ever wear a Houston uniform. When those two are done as players, I can promise you no other Houston Astro will ever wear the number 5 or 7. 在球團歷史上,Bagwell 和 Biggio 幾乎擁有每個打擊上面的紀錄。他們倆被認為是 所有曾穿過太空人隊球衣的球員,表現最棒的兩個。身為球員,他們倆已達到一些目標。 我可以跟你承諾,沒有其他的太空人隊球員可以穿上背號 5號與 7號的球衣。 ================ 翻不好 翻錯了 跟我說吧 -- ~ "環保" 可以當自己吝嗇的最佳理由 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.217.126

12/21 17:15, , 1F
先感謝再說囉.. 冬至前的情報,很棒啊。
12/21 17:15, 1F

12/21 17:51, , 2F
to很會翻譯的 hsupohsiang,告訴我們那句的確切意思吧^^
12/21 17:51, 2F

12/21 20:04, , 3F
我覺得打擊真的要補強 不然我們的好投手們會投的很辛苦
12/21 20:04, 3F

12/21 21:31, , 4F
推推
12/21 21:31, 4F