Mailbag: Clemens, Ausmus and more

看板Astros作者 (還要再努力才行.........)時間18年前 (2005/11/08 17:37), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
11/07/2005 1:06 PM ET Mailbag: Clemens, Ausmus and more MLB.com's Alyson Footer answers Astros fans' questions By Alyson Footer / MLB.com 原文的網址:(恩...因為縮網址的網頁壞了) http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb /news/article.jsp?ymd=20051107&content_id= 1265159&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou ============================================== What a difference a year makes. Last year, almost every mailbag question I received asked about Carlos Beltran. This year, the focus is on Brad Ausmus ... and, of course, Roger Clemens. It's still very early in the offseason, so it's hard to guess what's going to happen. But here's what we have so far. 過了一年,又有許多不同,去年,幾乎每個我收到的郵箱提問, 都是關於Carlos Beltran.而今年球迷提問的焦點則是集中在 Brad Ausmus,當然了,還有Roger Clemens.目前球季剛結束, 很難去猜測未來會發生的事,但以下是目前為止我們所能獲取的 What's the status on Ausmus for next season? I understand he is a free agent and possibly interested in San Diego. Also, is there any indication that Roger could come back as a closer -- or would he even like to? -- Ron J. 球迷Ron J的問題:下一季Ausmus的動向是?我清楚他目前為自 由球員,而且可能對聖地牙哥有興趣.還有,有任何跡象能看出 Roger會回來當終結者嗎?還是他希望當什麼? Ausmus filed for free agency, and the Astros are hoping he'll re-sign for 2006. The Padres do appear to be interested in the catcher, also, which will create competition for the Astros. Ausmus lives in San Diego and is intrigued by the idea of playing at home. That said, he also has a home in Houston, and his family likes it here. Ausmus isn't limiting himself to only the Padres and Astros, but it's clear those teams are at the top of his list. If he does sign with the Padres, the Astros would likely have to sign a front-line free agent catcher or trade for one. I doubt they'll want to go with the Humberto Quintero-Raul Chavez duo. In that respect, Padres catcher Ramon Hernandez could be a catcher the Astros might pursue. I doubt Clemens would want to be a closer. If he had arm problems, perhaps he'd consider it, like John Smoltz did a few years ago. But Clemens' arm is fine. His leg? Not so fine. He has to decide if he's healthy enough to get through a full season, and at this point, no one knows how much he's hurting. Obviously, he had some serious hamstring issues toward the end of the season, and those hammy problems likely stemmed from the back problems he had earlier in the season. Not long ago, he said he had already made up his mind about '06. Now we just have to wait to hear what he's decided. 回答:Ausmus已提出申請為自由球員,而太空人隊希望2006年能與他續約 教士隊也表達出想網羅Ausmus的興趣,所以教士隊也是太空人隊的競爭對手 Ausmus是聖地牙哥人,也會有想在家鄉打球的想法.不過,他在休士頓也有家 而他的家人也喜歡這裡. Ausmus不會讓自己的未來只侷限在教士隊與太空人隊,但很明顯的,這兩支球隊 會是他名單的首選.假如他真的和教士隊簽約,太空人隊可能要簽下一個自由球員 的捕手,或者去交易一個來隊上,不過我不相信會用Humberto Quintero與Raul Chavez 二換一.另一方面,教士隊的捕手Ramon Hernandez也可能是太空人隊的目標 我不認為Clemens會想當終結者.也就是,假如今天他有手臂方面的困擾,或許他可以考慮像這幾 年的John Smoltz一樣,轉救援..但是Clemens的手臂好的很.恩...至於他的腿呢?沒手臂這樣 健康,目前他必須決定,想想自己是否能健康的投滿一整季,說到這點,沒有人知道他的傷勢, 多重.很明顯的,今年球季要步入尾聲時,他就有嚴重大腿拉傷的問題,這有可能是球季一開始 的背傷所引致的.不久之前,他表示已經決定好2006年要怎麼做,現在我們只要等待他跟大家 說自己的決定 Does Clemens not realize he HAS TO come back? ... In the spring he said one thing he still needed to do was steal a base, and I'm still waiting! -- Marlene 球迷Marlene的問題: Clemens不知道他必須回到球場上來嗎?我記得在春天時,他曾說, 他仍需要做的一件事,就是盜上壘包, 所以我一直等待他盜壘..... I'll have to call the Elias Sports Bureau to find out how many Hall of Famers never stole a base, because I'm afraid we'll have to add Roger to that list. Have you watched him run? Roger's a lot of things on a baseball diamond. Speedy is not one of them. I'm guessing he could beat Andy Pettitte in a foot race, but trust me, that's not saying much. 回答:我會打電話去問問Elias運動社向他們查詢有幾個名人堂球員從未盜壘過,因為 我擔心他未來也會在名單當中.你曾經看過他跑壘嗎?? Roger在棒球場上擁有很多成就 不過"速度"不是其中之一.我在猜他可以跑贏Andy Pettitte,這不用多說 Is there any chance that the Astros could trade for Manny Ramirez? -- Austin S. 球迷Austin S問:有沒有可能太空人隊會把Manny Ramirez交易到隊上? I hope not. Signing Ramirez would require manager Phil Garner to check with one of the game's most expensive players on a daily basis to see if he feels like playing. Last July, the Red Sox were dealing with several injuries and needed Manny to play on a day that earlier he was promised he'd have off. Ramirez decided the day off was more important, and it put his team in a bind. His teammates shrugged it off, saying it was "Manny being Manny." That's garbage. I don't care how great of a hitter he is. The Astros clubhouse, comprised of plenty of young players, doesn't need Ramirez's influence. Side note: When you're one of the best hitters in the game, and your team has tried to trade you plenty of times since you signed, there's a problem. 回答:我不希望. 因為簽下Ramirez,就代表,總教練Phil Garner需要每天確認一個 高薪球員,他是否要上場打球.去年六月,紅襪隊有數個傷兵問題,需要Manny上場, 他確在那場比賽前,就先說自己要休息.Ramirez決定休息是較重要的,而這會使他的球隊 處於一種困境. 對此,他的隊友無奈的聳聳肩,說"Manny就是Manny" 我不在乎一個打者有多麼的偉大. 太空人隊有很多年輕的選手,不需要Manny的影響與作用 註:當你是場上最好的打者之一,而從你與你的球隊簽約開始,你的球隊就不斷要把你交易 走,那這就是存在著個問題 Are the Astros waiting on Clemens' decision or is Tim Purpura actively talking to any eligible free agents? -- Greg S. 球迷Greg S.問:太空人隊仍在等待Clemens嗎?或者Tim Purpura已開始和 一些自由球員接觸? They're not waiting on Clemens, but they certainly have to keep in mind what it's going to cost if Clemens does re-sign. The payroll is going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $80-85 million, and if Clemens returns, he'll take up a lot of it. The Astros already have $64 million allotted to five players, not including Clemens. That leaves approximately $20 million for the remaining 20. Clemens made $18 million last year. The math is ugly. 他們沒有等待Clemens,但他們確實有在想,如果Clemens續約,要如何估算, 目前薪水的總額已達到8千萬~八千五百萬之間,假如Clemens回來,薪資總額會提高 不包括Clemens在內,球團就要付出共6千四百萬給五名球員 而剩下的兩千萬要付給其餘的20名球員 What are Jeff Bagwell's odds of actually getting back to first base and producing, and what options do the Astros have to alleviate the financial strain of his contract if he cannot? Would he simply be the most expensive pinch-hitter in history or would he retire gracefully? -- Steve F. 球迷Steve F的問題:Jeff Bagwell真的能回到一壘與貢獻成績的可能性?如果不能 太空人隊會減少他合約上的金額嗎?他會成為史上最貴的代打還是光榮的退休? Bagwell resumed the process of rehabbing his shoulder as soon as the World Series was over. His goal is to build strength in the shoulder so that he can throw 90 feet, something he has not been able to do for quite some time. It's too early to tell what will happen this winter. Bagwell believes he can rehabilitate his shoulder and return to the field as a healthy, productive player in '06. He proved in September and in the playoffs he can still hit. The question will be, can he throw, and will the strain he puts on his shoulder by throwing affect his hitting? Those answers will come in time. No one is talking about what happens if he cannot play. But this notion that he's going to walk away from the rest of his contract is a waste of time. First of all, Jeff backloaded the contract when he signed it in 2000, and he's deferred several millions every year so the Astros could sign other players. Why would he not collect what he's legitimately earned? One thing is for sure -- Bagwell will not be a pinch-hitter. He's either going to play both sides of the game, or he won't play. The pinch-hitting option was available last season because it was September, and rosters expanded to 40 men, and he wasn't taking someone else's roster spot. 回答:當世界大賽結束,Bagwell重新開始他的肩部復建. 他的目標是加強肩力,讓自己 能擲90英尺遠,他只有少次不能徹底做到... 今年冬天就在談論未來會發生的事,顯的太早了,Bagwell相信自己的肩膀會復原,並在2006以 一個健康,對球隊有所貢獻的球員身分,回到場上,他在9月份證明自己的能力 並在季後賽讓大家知道,他仍能打擊. 現在他的問題是,能否傳球,還有未來他傳球對肩部 造成的壓力是否會影響打擊?答案早晚會告訴我們... 沒有人在談論假如他不能打球了,會發生什麼事, But this notion that he's going to walk away from the rest of his contract is a waste of time.-->這句我不會翻 > < 首先,Jeff在2000年簽約時,合約上是延遲付款的,每一年的延遲付款,所以太空人隊 才能簽下其他球員. 為什麼他不正常領取他的薪資呢? 有一件事是可以確定的--Bagwell不會當代打,未來不是選擇要同時上場守備打擊,就是不上場 不上場,他能當代打是因為大聯盟九月份擴編40人名單,他不能取代其他人的位置 Since Mike Lamb came to the Astros, he has been my favorite player and I have really enjoyed watching him play. After the last World Series game when the Astros lost, he talked as if he was not coming back next season. My question is, do you have any idea if Lamb will be coming back? I would think he is because he has helped the Astros out a lot these past two seasons, especially in the postseason and with pinch-hitting. I really hope he is coming back because I would hate to see my favorite Astros player leave. -- Kara 球迷Kara的問題:從Mike Lamb來到太空人隊後,他就是我最喜歡的球員,而我很喜歡看他 打球,但當世界大賽太空人隊鎩羽而歸,他受訪,內容說的好像自己下一個球季不會回來一樣, 我的問題是,你認為Lamb還會回來嗎?我覺得他在過去的這兩季,幫了球隊很多忙,特別是在 季後賽及擔任代打,我很希望他能回來,因為我很討厭看到我喜愛的球員離開球隊 It's exactly those sentiments that brought Lamb to tears after the Game 4 loss. He said losses are part of the game, but he was overwhelmed by the way he was treated by the fans during his two years in Houston He's never felt that welcome by a city in his professional career. Lamb is arbitration eligible, which means he doesn't yet have control over his future. The Astros could decide to re-sign him, trade him, or non-tender him. Because he is expendable, and not locked in a long-term contract, there are no guarantees that he will be back. Purpura said he sees value in keeping all of the arbitration eligible players. Finances may not allow that to happen. We'll have to wait and see. 第四戰輸球後,浮上心頭的眾多情感使得Lamb哭了,他說輸球是球賽的一部份,但是他被 這兩年休士頓球迷給他的對待所感動了.在他的職業生涯中,從未在一個城市感到如此的 受歡迎. Lamb擁有仲裁資格,也就是說他不能掌控他的未來,球隊可以決定和他續約, 將他交易出去,或不處理,因為他簽短約,不是被長期合約綁住,所以不保障他能續留, Purpura曾說他看到留住仲裁資格球員的價值.金錢是不會容許這樣的事發生. 一切讓我們等著看吧! Alyson Footer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. ===== 恩...英文程度差,翻不好,跟我說...翻錯了...跟我說.... 我直接看,直接翻...品質劣... 阿..希望板上仍舊水分充足 不要像冬天的高雄一樣,冬天就是乾季^^XDDDDD -- 考試的時候,就想要做報告 做報告的時候,就希望考試...  用手畫地圖時,就想學gis  學gis時,又想用手畫地圖了... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.212.35

11/09 23:36, , 1F
推~~
11/09 23:36, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #13S7797W (Astros)
文章代碼(AID): #13S7797W (Astros)