Re: [新聞] A-Rod's five hits help Hughes roll

看板A-Rod作者 (444)時間15年前 (2009/05/26 09:22), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
節錄有關A-ROD ※ 引述《dvsmatix (444)》之銘言: : 來源: : http://tinyurl.com/r4o7hl : A-Rod's five hits help Hughes roll : Former Ranger backs young righty's eight shutout innings : By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com : 05/25/09 7:05 PM ET : Box > : ARLINGTON -- Phil Hughes wanted no part of the handshake that would end his : afternoon, not three outs shy of a shutout. But by that time, there also : wasn't a whole lot left to prove. : In what Alex Rodriguez called Hughes' best start in a Yankees uniform, Hughes : returned to the scene of his injury-marred first big league win and stuck it : to the Rangers, hurling eight scoreless innings as New York coasted to an : 11-1 victory on Memorial Day. A-ROD認為這是HUGHES最好的一場比賽 : The stacking of the Yankees' rotation creates an interesting dilemma, with : Chien-Ming Wang knocking on the door for another chance to start. It has not : seemed to affect Hughes, who said that he has been able to block out the : distractions and keep piling up zeroes. : "I think I've got a clearer mind-set now," Hughes said. "When you start : letting other things leak into your head about managerial moves or what's : going to happen, it's negative. I just try to think about pitching. One : pitch, one game at a time." : Rodriguez provided a sizable chunk of the Yankees' 19-hit attack, shifting : out of his Spring Training mode to tie a career high with five hits and drive : in four runs, making his return to Texas for the first time since admitting : he used performance-enhancing drugs as a member of the Rangers from 2001-03. : "It's been so long -- it's been six years," Rodriguez said. "I love it here. : I have a lot of good friends, a lot of support." A-ROD提供洋基19支安打中的大部分 平了他自己生涯紀錄 單場5安 打了4分 也是他承認當騎兵時有用藥物後第一次回到德州(所以現在是步兵??) A-ROD: 6年了 我喜歡這 我有很多朋友 也得到很多支持 : A-Rod drove in runs in the first, third and sixth innings to end a bizarre : statistical run in which just three of his first 10 hits since coming off the : disabled list had been anything but home runs. A-ROD第一局打了一分 第六局打三分 也結束傷後復出所擁有的怪異紀錄 這紀錄應該是指 所有的RBI都是HR打出來的(@@ 神阿) : "He's just taking his walks and doing what he's supposed to, and if he does : get something to hit, he's crushing it," said Mark Teixeira, who scored three : runs and drove in two. 鐵爺:A-ROD只是做他所應該做的 如果他打了 他會很恐怖 : Yet after the game, it was Hughes and not Rodriguez who had been selected by : Johnny Damon to sling the Yankees' replica wrestling belt over his left : shoulder, indicative of that contest's top performer. There was no argument : from the three-time American League Most Valuable Player. HUGHES得到了DAMON的腰帶 而不是A-ROD得到 : "That was real stuff there -- that was very impressive," Rodriguez said of : Hughes. "You're talking about a very good lineup on their home field. He : pounded the strike zone early on to everybody, and just pitched with a lot of : conviction out there today." A-ROD: HUGHES很棒 條子有很好的打線 而HUGHES壓制了他們 : The 22-year-old Hughes had everything working as he pitched in Arlington for : the first time since since his memorable first big league victory -- a May 1, : 2007, outing in which he carried a no-hitter through 6 1/3 innings before : leaving with a strained left hamstring. : Girardi was three levels above the dugout that evening, working as a color : commentator for the Yankees' YES Network. And as Girardi told coaches in the : clubhouse on Monday, the Yankees would have gladly accepted a similar : performance without the injury. : "I thought I was going to get to call my no-hitter from somewhere besides : home plate," Girardi said. "He was great that day, throwing a lot of strikes. : He had a good curveball and a good fastball. It was exciting up in the booth. : Then he took a hit when his hamstring popped." : This time, Hughes remained healthy and ventured eight frames to easily log : his third victory of the season. Able to throw his fastball, curveball and : newly-added cutter for strikes, Hughes limited Texas to three hits while : walking one and striking out six. : "I guess I like pitching here a little bit," Hughes said, grinning. : Coming off their 8-2 homestand and a deflating extra-innings loss to the : Phillies, the Yankees jumped on Rangers left-hander Matt Harrison for six : runs through the first three innings -- as Teixeira said, with a chip on : their shoulders as carryover from the Philadelphia series. : The first four New York batters logged hits against Harrison, as Teixeira : drilled an RBI double -- one of two RBIs for him -- and Rodriguez beat out a : run-scoring infield single, part of his first five-hit game since April 18, : 2005, against the Rays. : New York tacked on four more in the third inning, with Rodriguez doubling in : a run and Robinson Cano legging out a two-run triple. Nick Swisher also had : an RBI groundout in the fourth and a run-scoring single in the sixth to : complete the damage against Harrison, who allowed seven runs on 11 hits in : five innings, walking one and striking out two. : That was more than enough for Hughes, who navigated out of a : first-and-second, none-out situation in the second inning and also stranded a : runner at second base in the fourth inning, emerging unscathed. : "That was big," Hughes said of the second inning. "That was definitely an : inning where they could have put some things together and scored a couple of : runs. I was fortunate to make some good pitches, get some strikeouts and get : out of there without a run." : Only the Yankees' 11-run lead and a steamy 84-degree afternoon kept Hughes : from a chance at his first big league complete game, Girardi said. : "He didn't want to shake my hand -- he wanted to go back out," Girardi said. : "I said, 'You know what, you're going to have plenty of time to get complete : games.' I understood he was disappointed, because he wants a complete game. : But we're looking at him long-term, not just this start." : And the next start, apparently. Wang's turn in bullpen limbo will continue : for the foreseeable future, as Hughes will take his next turn in New York's : upcoming four-game series against the Indians. Don't expect the five-man : sequence to give Girardi too many sleepless nights. : "The best thing you can have as a manager is really tough decisions -- too : many guys throwing well," Girardi said. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 116.59.175.21
文章代碼(AID): #1A6qHj2x (A-Rod)
文章代碼(AID): #1A6qHj2x (A-Rod)