[譯文] A-Rod meets with young fans

看板A-Rod作者 (你跟的上我吧)時間17年前 (2007/07/23 22:27), 編輯推噓11(1102)
留言13則, 13人參與, 4年前最新討論串1/1
想翻譯這篇 是因為要賺P幣...^^ 危喔 其實是看到了A-Rod另一面 挺感動的 噗~~ ***** A-Rod meets with young fans 07/20/2007 6:45 PM ET By Lauren Kobylarz / MLB.com A-Rod會見小球迷 NEW YORK -- Nine-year-old Alexa Valentin couldn't keep from smiling. She had stood with her father for more than an hour in the line that wrapped around Fifth Avenue's FAO Schwarz on Friday morning, patiently waiting to see Alex Rodriguez face-to-face after traveling into Manhattan from Hackensack, N.J. 九歲的Alexa Valentin面露著笑容。 星期五的早上,在紐約第五街的FAO Schwarz玩具城, 她和爸拔站在簇擁的人群中超過了一個小時, 很有耐心的等待著即將與Alex Rodriguez叔叔見面。 Valentin had seen him before, of course, from afar -- on the field, on television and in pictures -- but never like this. She was so excited meet Rodriguez that when she finally reached the front of the line, seeing him rendered her speechless. 小Valentin當然見過A-Rod叔叔,只不過是在球場上、在電視上、和在照片裡, 然而,從來沒有像現在這樣..... 當她終於來到等待隊伍的最前面,看到A-Rod叔叔就在面前, 小Valentin興奮到說不出話來。 "When I saw him I couldn't say a word," Valentin said. "My mouth just dropped open and I couldn't say anything. I couldn't, I just couldn't. It just dropped open." 「當我見到他的時候,我一句話都說不出來」, 「我整個人傻住了,嘴巴張的開開的,卻一句話都說不出來」。 Rodriguez spent an hour and a half greeting fans and signing copies of his children's book "Out of the Ballpark" on Friday afternoon at the world famous toy store, after he and his wife Cynthia read the story to a group of 9-year-olds. 在A-Rod與他的太太閱讀了他所寫的兒童書"Out of the Ballpark" 給一群九歲的小朋友聽後, A_Rod花了一個半小時和小球迷見面, 並且為他們在他寫的兒童書上簽名。 The book, a story inspired by Rodriguez's childhood -- "90 percent true," he told the kids -- shares the experiences of a young boy named Alex who wants to succeed playing baseball. After hard work and determination, Alex overcomes his mistakes and ends up hitting a championship-winning home run. A-Rod告訴在場的小朋友,這本書是他自己小時候的故事。 故事書中名叫Alex的小男孩,從小就希望自己可以把棒球打好, 經過不斷的努力和堅持到底,Alex克服了挫折失敗,終於打出贏得冠軍的全壘打。 Rodriguez said he wrote the story as an inspiration for children everywhere, getting the idea from his own 2-year-old daughter, Natasha, who loves to read. Natasha Rodriguez joined her mother and father briefly after the reading, singing "Doe a Deer" with her father in front of the crowd. A-Rod因為自己的兩歲女兒Natasha很喜歡閱讀, 受到她的啟發也為了鼓勵所有的小孩子,於是,他寫了這本書。 "Children can never have enough books," Rodriguez said. "If someone like me can make it to the Major Leagues, any child that reads this book, they can achieve their dreams, too." A-Rod覺得給小孩子閱讀的書永遠不嫌多。 「如果像我這樣的人可以站上大聯盟, 那任何一個小孩子讀了這本書,都會覺得自己將來有一天也可以!」 There were plenty of children waiting to meet him on Friday, clutching copies of the book in one fist and their parent's hand in the other. 這一天,有許許多多的小孩子想見A-Rod叔叔, 他們一手拿著書,另一手牽著爸拔馬麻的手。 Jackson Muncan, from New York, N.Y., had Rodriguez's stats ready on hand as he approached the Yankees All-Star. Rodriguez, now nearing 500 career home runs, leads the Majors in home runs and RBIs this season, and the 7-year-old wasn't about to let the chance slip by to ask him for pointers. 就像七歲的Jackson Muncan,他手裡握著A-Rod叔叔在大聯盟的生涯數據, 這位目前在全壘打跟打點都領先整個聯盟、過不了多久就會有500支全壘打的人, 小Muncan想要把握機會問A-Rod叔叔非常重要的問題。 "I asked him one question," Muncan said. "I asked him, 'How do you hit a home run?' He said you swing under the ball. He's hit 32 home runs, so he knows." 「我問他一個問題!」「我問A-Rod叔叔是如何打全壘打的?」 「他回答我:你就是揮棒瞄準球的下緣! 恩,他已經打了32支全壘打了,他知道該怎麼打全壘打。」 "It was cool," eight-year-old Hunter Derubertis from Manhattan, confirmed shyly, still wide-eyed from meeting Rodriguez. 另一個八歲來自曼哈頓的Hunter Derubertis,有點羞怯的說:那實在太酷了! 對於可以見到A-Rod叔叔,小Derubertis還是覺得不可思議! Fans who attended the signing also helped out Rodriguez, as the proceeds from each copy of the book purchased at FAO Schwarz will benefit the A-Rod Family Foundation. FAO Schwarz will also donate 15 percent of its sales made during the signing period to the Foundation. 這些參與簽書會的小球迷也幫A-Rod完成了一件事: 在FAO Schwarz所售出的每一本A-Rod所寫的童書, 都會捐出15%的所得給 The A-Rod Family Foundation。 The Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to positively impacting families in distress, addresses a cause that is important to Rodriguez and his family, and Rodriguez was pleased to see his fans support both him and the organization. 那是一個非營利性的基金會,為的是要幫助一些窮困、不幸的家庭。 A-Rod相當欣慰這些小球迷對他與基金會的支持。 "It's very exciting to see everyone come out," Rodriguez said. "To deal with some positive energy and passionate fans is very enjoyable." A-Rod說能夠看到這麼多人真的很讓人興奮。 能夠充滿熱情、做些有正面價值、有意義的事情是非常令人愉悅的。 That energy practically bubbled out of Alexa Valentin after Rodriguez signed her copy of the book, though while she stood there she still couldn't find the words to say to her idol. Just being that close to him, however, was enough. 對於小Valentin來說,能夠見到A-Rod叔叔、給他在他寫的書上簽名, 實在是讓人興奮到無以復加,她也只能呆呆的站在她的偶像面前, 仍然是一句話都說不出口。然而,可以這麼近距離的跟A-Rod叔叔面對面,也就夠了! Minutes later, she couldn't stop talking. "I met Alex Rodriguez, I saw him in real life, in person," Valentin said. "He's a nice man. I'm one of his biggest fan because I'm really a baseball fan, too, so I was just really excited to meet him in person. I thought just seeing him was really, really cool." 倒是,之後的小Valentin止不住的嚷嚷, 「我見到A-Rod叔叔了,我真的見到他了,面對面。」 「他是個很棒的人。我是他的頭號球迷,我也是個貨真價實的棒球迷, 所以可以見到他實在是太讓人興奮了。」 「我想,可以見到A-Rod叔叔,真的是酷斃了!!!」 <(_ _)> -- ● 3 ˇCheer 台灣 ●羅那度加油 陳綺貞愛你 53 gsf7114/purple 4 Deserts 台灣 ◎ / 張懸 / 來了!!!!我的巴西龜!!! 53 XDav -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.109.32.9

07/23 22:32, , 1F
幫推 真羨慕那些小孩子呀 也覺得很幸運能看到A-Rod打球
07/23 22:32, 1F

07/23 22:35, , 2F
官網相片 http://tinyurl.com/2w7wrm 第六張的小女孩很可愛
07/23 22:35, 2F

07/23 22:39, , 3F
07/23 22:39, 3F

07/23 23:42, , 4F
AROD也變成叔叔了..XD 歲月不饒人啊
07/23 23:42, 4F

07/23 23:42, , 5F