[翻譯] Misery loves company ─Mark Feinsand

看板A-Rod作者 (視角年代)時間18年前 (2006/05/25 06:42), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/3 (看更多)
Mark it Down Baseball, Bombers and life on the beat with a Yankees scribe Mark Feinsand http://markitdown.mlblogs.com/ Misery loves company 老發牢騷的都愛湊一塊兒 I find it fascinating that the comments section on this blog is very quiet on nights when the Yankees win. When they lose, the site is busy as ever, with fans complaining and moaning about one thing or another. But Tuesday, with the Yankees jumping out to a 7-1 lead and holding on for a 7-5 win, there weren't even 10 posts. 我發現這很有意思─當晚上洋基贏了比賽時這個部落格評論欄總是很安靜 。當輸了,這裡非常忙碌,球迷們滿腹牢騷抱怨連連。但週二,洋基以 7-1 大幅領先直到終場以 7-5 作結,這裡連 10 篇評論都沒有。 What does that mean? 那代表什麼? I think it means that you folks out there like it better when things are going badly and you can get all over the players. You love when A-Rod fails in a big spot, so you can jump on him and call him a choker. You love when Jaret Wright gives up seven runs so you can speculate about Dontrelle Willis and Roger Clemens. You love when Randy Johnson gets lit up so you can complain that the Yankees should have gotten Josh Beckett instead. 我認為那代表著你們這些人最愛這樣了,當事情越變越糟,你就可以逮著那 些球員。你最愛當 A-Rod 在關鍵時刻失敗時跳上前叫他便秘男。你最愛當 Jaret Wright 丟掉七分時打著 Dontrelle Willis 跟 Roger Clemens 的主 意,你最愛當 Randy Johnson 大放煙火時你就可以抱怨洋基早該找 Josh Beckett 來換掉他。 I don't really get it. 我真搞不懂。 This team has showed a lot over the past few weeks, hanging around the top of the AL East despite the injuries and inconsistency. Johnson has been bad, A-Rod has been up and down, Giambi has had a terrible May, yet there they are, just a game and a half out of first place. 這個團隊在過去幾週已竭盡全力,儘管傷兵與不穩還是緊咬著美聯東區的領 先者。 Johnson 實在不行,A-Rod 起起伏伏, Giambi 有個糟糕的五月,而 現在他們卻只離首位一場半的勝差。 You A-Rod haters out there were probably saying, "Sure, he homers when it's 4-1 and makes it 7-1 ... how come he can't do that when the Yanks are down 4-1 instead?" 討厭 A-Rod 的人大概會說:是阿,當 4-1 時他的全壘打把比數拉到 7-1 ,,,,那為什麼洋基以 4-1 落後時他卻做不到。 I know how you work. But even Alex's harshest critics have to give him some credit for that homer tonight. For those of you counting at home, the Yankees are now 2-4 against the Red Sox this season, and A-Rod has had the game-winning home run in both wins. 我知道你就是這樣。但即使批評 Alex 最力的批評家,看了他今晚擊出的 全壘打,應該也要給他點讚揚。你可以在家數數看,本季目前洋基與紅襪 的戰績是二勝四負,而A-Rod 在這兩場都打出致勝全壘打。 A-Rod put it best when asked about the constant criticism after the game: 當賽後被問到有關這些持續不斷的批評時他做了很好的回應。 "I could care less. In my career, I've been hearing it for a long time. It will never stop until you win five or six World Series in a row and hit a Joe Carter home run. I've done a lot of special things in this game, and for none of that to be considered clutch, it's an injustice." "我大可不去煩惱,在我長久的職業生涯以來一直都有聽到這些。可能你連拿 五或六座世界冠軍並擊出像 Joe Carter 那樣的再見全壘打才會停止那些批 評聲浪。我對比賽做了很多特別的努力,卻一次都沒被認為是關鍵一擊, 還真是公平阿" He's right. 他說的對。 I wish fans out there would just try to enjoy the season. This is a 162-game marathon, so to overreact to each loss or each bad at-bat doesn't make any sense. It's not like the NFL, where a two-game losing streak feels like the end of the world. How many times in the past couple of years have the experts written the Yankees off, only to watch them make the playoffs over and over? 我希望那些球迷們走出象牙塔試著去享受季賽,這是持續一百六十二場的馬 拉松,對一場敗仗一次爛打擊過度反應是沒有意義的。又不像 NFL ,那邊的 二連敗活像是世界末日來了。過去幾年來多少次那些專家們說洋基玩完了, 而卻看到他們一次又一次的闖進季後賽? On another note, getting Sheffield back was big for the Yanks, even though he went hitless. If you watched that ninth-inning at-bat against Papelbon, it's clear that Sheff's wrist feels just fine. Man, he swings hard. 另一件事,對洋基來說 Sheffield 的歸隊事關重大,即使他沒什麼表現。 如果你看他在第九局面對 Papelbon 的打擊,很明顯他的手腕狀況良好。 老兄,他揮的可帶勁了。 Wednesday will be yet another turn for the Big Unit to try to right himself. Stay tuned. 週三會不會是大個兒回到正軌的轉轍點,可別轉台喔! 大部分內容都與 A-Rod有關,故不另外節錄。 翻譯的錯誤之處請推文或來信指教,將會立即修正。 -- 長い助走が終わりつつあります。 飛翔の為の準備を始めました。 --

05/25 08:18, , 1F
翻譯的很棒!
05/25 08:18, 1F

05/25 10:11, , 2F
真的很棒,推一個!
05/25 10:11, 2F
※ 編輯: pathfinder 來自: 220.132.95.124 (05/30 03:46)
文章代碼(AID): #14TE5BYQ (A-Rod)
文章代碼(AID): #14TE5BYQ (A-Rod)