Fw: [情報] 迪薩猛退休

看板young-jiang作者 (↗煞气a錢伯↙)時間11年前 (2013/04/11 09:59), 編輯推噓-1(012)
留言3則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 Monkeys 看板 #1HPR5jyj ] 作者: changeup (3/4拍子的逆襲) 站內: Monkeys 標題: Re: [情報] 迪薩猛退休 時間: Thu Apr 11 02:37:30 2013 嗯......全文翻譯。 前言:Matt DeSalvo(迪薩猛),1980年9月11日生,是2012年Lamigo桃猿隊聘請的 外籍投手,在季初號稱「史上最強洋投」,2012年球季留下11勝 6敗 2中繼,自責分 率2.767的成績,全季137次三振為聯盟三振王。在2012年球季尾聲,因為手肘發炎無 法出賽,也缺席了整個總冠軍系列賽。在2012年前來台灣之前,曾經代表York Revolution出賽2年。 原文出處:http://ydtalk.com/revs/?p=3357 DeSalvo "retired," but could return to York 迪薩猛「退休」,但不排除回到York隊。 Posted by John Walk on April 10, 2013 in Matt DeSalvo, York Revolution ※John Walk是York地區記者,對跑各種體育新聞有很豐富的經驗。這篇應該算是他 在媒體部落格上的發言。 Confusing headline, right? Well, that’s basically the impression I and anyone who has spoken with former Revs pitcher Matt DeSalvo recently got. 被標題搞迷糊了嗎?其實這是我或任何最近與迪薩猛談過話的人的基本結論。 Why should anyone care about DeSalvo’s status, you might ask? Well, for anyone who got to see the right-hander play in York in 2010 and 2011, the answer to that question is easy. 也許你會問,為什麼要關心迪薩猛的狀況呢?對任何在2010年、2011年看過這個右投 手在York投球的人來說,這答案很簡單。 The former big leaguer had a rubber arm on the mound, at least for a season-and-a-half. In 2010, DeSalvo went 5-2 with a 4.67 ERA in seven starts and five relief appearances. A few times that season he opted to make a relief appearance in a game instead of throwing a bullpen session on the side between starts. 這位前大聯盟投手在至少1.5個球季都有很出色的投球表現。2010年,迪薩猛在7次先 發、5次後援中投出了5勝2敗,自責分率4.67的成績。在這個球季中,他有幾次在先 發日之間後援出賽,而不是進行正常的牛棚練習。 ※呃,或者就說是偷牛棚日吧。 Then in 2011, he went 6-3 with a 3.89 ERA in 18 starts and five relief appearances, tossing 106.1 innings. What’s crazy is that he totaled nearly all of those innings in the first half of the season before arm injuries plagued the second half of the season. He had tossed a Atlantic League-leading 96.2 innings and compiled a 6-3 record and 3.82 ERA in the first half of the season to earn a spot in the 2011 Atlantic League All-Star game. 在2011年,他在18次先發、5次後援,106又1/3局的投球中,留下了6勝3敗,自責分 率3.89的成績。很令人驚訝的是,這些局數幾乎都集中在前半個球季,而他在手臂受 傷之後,後半球季幾乎都沒有出賽。他在2011年的前半球季投了96又2/3局,領先全 大西洋聯盟,6勝3敗、自責分率3.82的表現也讓他能夠參加大西洋聯盟的全明星賽。 So, DeSalvo could prove to be a big upgrade to any pitching staff, if healthy (more on this later). And it’s exactly why Mason kept the door open to DeSalvo all of last season when he pitched in Taiwan. Mason was hoping to get DeSalvo back in York near the end of the 2012 season, but DeSalvo’s team over in Taiwan ended up making the playoffs. When chatting by phone late last Friday night, DeSalvo said he led the league in Taiwan in strikeouts, was one away from the league lead in wins and a couple points off the league lead in ERA. But the experience wasn’t exactly an enjoyable one, according to DeSalvo, who I chatted with by phone last Friday night. 迪薩猛,只要健康的話(後面會提到),對任何投手陣容都有很大的幫助。這也正是 為何即使迪薩猛上個球季在台灣投球,Mason(※Mark Mason,York Revolution的總 教練)仍然希望迪薩猛能夠回到球隊。Mason原本希望迪薩猛在2012季末能夠歸隊, 但是Lamigo桃猿隊最後進入了季後賽,所以未能成真。在上星期五深夜與迪薩猛在電 話裡聊天時,迪薩猛提到他在台灣拿到了三振王,差一勝就拿到勝投王(※他記錯了 ,勝投王是鎌田祐哉的16勝,比他多了5勝),也差一點就能拿到自責分率王。但是 迪薩猛說,這次到台灣的經驗實在是不太令人感到愉快。 “They were throwing me 130 pitches in a start,” DeSalvo said of his time pitching in Taiwan. “I didn’t know how many pitches I was throwing because the communication wasn’t really smooth because the interpreter didn’t speak english. It’d be the seventh inning and I’d be at 95 pitches and I’d say ‘ Hey, I don’t want to throw more than 110 pitches. The next inning I’d go out there and get around 105 pitches and no one would be warming up to go in the game. So, because there’s a lot of communication issues, you’re forced into situations to throw. 迪薩猛談起他在台灣投球時說:「他們要我一場先發投130球。我其實不知道我到底 已經投多少球了,我與球隊的對話不是很順利,因為球隊的翻譯不太會講英文。也許 在第7局,我已經投了95球的時候,我會說『嘿,我可不想丟超過110球』。問題是當 我投完下一局,球數來到大概105球的時候,根本沒有人熱身準備上場。因為有一大 堆這種溝通問題,所以你等於是被強迫著要繼續上場投球。」 “One week I almost threw 270 pitches in a week. I ended up getting elbow inflammation because at the end of season my arm was messed up. They ended going to the playoffs but couldn’t use me because they overused me.” 「有一個星期我丟了快270球。最後,球季末我的手肘發炎了,整條手臂也壞掉了。 他們進了季後賽,卻因為過度使用我,而沒辦法讓我上場投球。」 That’s why DeSalvo said he turned down the offer to return to the team in Taiwan this year. 迪薩猛說,這也是為什麼他今年要拒絕台灣球隊要他回隊的要求。 “At the end of day I want to be able to play catch with my kids,” he said. “I don’t have kids yet, but if I went back to Taiwan I wouldn’t be able to throw.” 他說,「我希望晚年的時候能跟我的小孩玩傳接球。我現在還沒有小孩,可是如果我 回台灣,以後我就不可能玩傳接球了。」 But it didn’t deter DeSalvo from trying out for the Hanshin Tigers in Okinawa, Japan in early February. “They wanted me throwing 93 or 94 (miles an hour). I was only throwing 91 because it was the first week of spring training and I wasn’t in mid-season form,” he said. “So I didn’t get the contract.” 但這並沒有阻止迪薩猛在二月初前往日本琉球接受阪神虎隊的測試。迪薩猛說,「他 們希望我能投到93或94英哩。那只是我春訓的第1週,而且我還沒辦法回復到季中的 狀態,只投到91英哩,所以我沒拿到那份合約。」 Now, DeSalvo says he is retired. 現在迪薩猛說他處於退休狀態。 “I had other options as far as work so I decided so I decided on retirement, ” he said. 他說,「我有除了工作以外的其它選擇,所以我決定退休。」 As for the next steps in his career? 那他人生的下一步呢? “I have no clue really. The main thing is I’m gonna teach and coach.” 「我還沒想到。我想主要應該是當老師和教練。」 DeSalvo said he is certified in Ohio and Pennsylvania to teach biology, chemistry and environmental science at the high school level. While giving baseball lessons on the side, he is currently looking for a high school job but he does have a teaching gig lined up at Butler County Community College in Butler, Pennsylvania, which begins sometime in August. But the months between now and then is anyone’s guess as to what DeSalvo, who splits his time living between Ohio and Pennsylvania, will do. 迪薩猛說他可以在俄亥俄州和賓夕維尼亞州教高中生物、化學和環境科學。他現在一 邊教球,一邊在找高中老師的工作。他的確在賓州的Butler County Community College找到了一份8月開始的教學工作,但是大家都在想他中間這段時間到底要做什 麼。 And DeSalvo left the door open when asked what he would do if the right situation would come along for him to play again this season. 當我問迪薩猛,這個球季如果狀況許可的話,他是否願意回到球場,他保持不否定的 態度。 “I kind of would like to come back and play in the summer time just to walk away on my own terms,” he said. “I didn’t get to say goodbye to the game. I know that sounds weird and emotional coming from a baseball player. I would like to play a little bit. It depends on how my summer goes with teaching jobs. If I don’t get a teaching job I’d like to come and play in May through August. But it wouldn’t be fair to the team if I have a teaching job lined up that I have to leave for.” 他說,「我想在夏天有空的時候回來投球。我還沒準備好離開棒球。我知道一個棒球 選手這樣講,聽起來很奇怪又任性。我還想要再打一下棒球。這取決於我在夏天是否 能拿到教書的工作。如果我沒拿到夏天的工作,我會希望能回來打五月到八月的比賽 。但是如果我必須為了教書而離開球隊,這對球隊不公平。」 This all sounds like DeSalvo, according to Mason and former Revs’ pitcher Mike DeMark, who is currently in extended spring training with the Oakland Athletics. Mason和正在奧克蘭運動家隊延長春訓的前York Revolution投手Mike DeMark耳裡, 這就像迪薩猛平常會說的話。 “You know how Matt is. One month he’ll tell you he’s retired and the next month he’s pitching in Puerto Rico,” said DeMark, who converted from an outfielder to a pitcher by learning from DeSalvo when the two were teammates at Marietta College. DeMark說,「你知道迪薩猛就是這樣。這個月他告訴你他退休了,下個月他就跑到波 多黎各去投球了。」DeMark本來是個外野手,後來在Marietta College與迪薩猛同隊 的時候,他向迪薩猛學習,並成功轉成了投手。 Mason agrees. “The last time I talked to Matt he said he was gonna retire but he thought he might go to Taiwan,” Mason said after Tuesday’s practice. “I didn’t know what that meant. And then I talked to DeMark when DeMark got released (by the Arizona Diamonbacks last month). He called me and talked to me for awhile. He said he talked to DeSalvo and DeSalvo said ‘I’m retired. But maybe we should go pitch for Mace.’ And DeMark said ‘Well, I thought you just said you’re retired.’ DeSalvo said ‘Yeah, but if nothing comes up maybe we could pitch in York.’ I don’t know. As of right now, Brett Favre, Jr is retired for the eighth time.” Mason也同意。「上次我和迪薩猛談的時候,他說他會退休,但那時候他覺得他會回 到台灣。我不知道他到底在講什麼。後來DeMark被亞歷桑納響尾蛇隊釋出的時候,我 有跟他談過,他說迪薩猛跟他說『他退休了。但是也許他會回去在Mace(※應該是 Mason的暱稱)的手下投球。』DeMark問迪薩猛,『你剛剛不是說你退休了?』迪薩 猛說,『是啊,不過如果閒閒沒事的話,也許我們可以回York投球。』我不太懂,不 過管他的,反正Brett Favre Jr(※著名的美式足球四分衛,曾帶領綠灣包裝者拿下 第31屆超級盃)也退休了8次。」 But if DeSalvo were interested in returning, Mason said he’d listen. 如果迪薩猛想要歸隊,Mason說他會考慮。 “I’m not gonna say if I don’t have an interest,” Mason said. “If he wants to come and pitch…I talked to him last year all the time and he said the amount of money he needed and I told him he could get that for the whole year. He wanted that per month. I never rule him out. If he called me and said ‘I want to come and pitch’ we would have to consider that.” Mason說,「我當然不會說我對他沒興趣。如果他想要回來投球......我去年整年都 在跟他談這件事。他有告訴我他想要拿多少錢,我跟他說他當然可以拿到,而且是照 一整年領,他卻跟我說他要按月領錢。我從來沒有排除他歸隊的可能。如果他告訴我 他要回來投球,我們當然應該要考慮他。」 Plus, DeSalvo said he is going to be visiting York County at some point this summer to participate in adult league softball tournaments. 另外,迪薩猛會在今年下天到York參加壘球比賽。 “There’s a big tournament in August and one in July,” DeSalvo said. “ People don’t know this but the one year I played in York I played in a softball tournament on the side, but I just didn’t tell anybody.” 迪薩猛說,「七月和八月各有一場大型的錦標賽。大家也許都不知道,我在York投球 的那一年,還順便參加了壘球錦標賽,但是反正我沒告訴任何人。」 -- 【Lamigo閃亮亮奪回教練團】              變速球。Jun 01, 2012   ●    ●    ●    ●      ●    ●     ○   <>    <>    <>    <>      <>    <>     <> 總ㄟ兼  紅綠燈™ 守備教練兼 一軍兼二  聊天王兼  專業   吉祥物  打擊教練 兼打擊教練 打擊教練 軍打擊教練 投手教練  顧門口 兼賣衝浪板           中曰鄉親啊!別人球隊都一個打擊教練,咱們有四個,贏定啦! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.125.216

04/11 02:41, , 1F
國民外交阿 讓世界認識台灣
04/11 02:41, 1F

04/11 03:20, , 2F
推翻譯,辛苦了
04/11 03:20, 2F

04/11 03:25, , 3F
感覺上是個很有想法的投手
04/11 03:25, 3F

04/11 03:26, , 4F
雖然從訪談內容也感覺到有點不成熟
04/11 03:26, 4F

04/11 03:26, , 5F
但似乎... LM的問題挺大的
04/11 03:26, 5F

04/11 08:38, , 6F
我必須要推這個專業的翻譯 受教了
04/11 08:38, 6F

04/11 08:39, , 7F
之前在棒球總版有發一篇節錄的
04/11 08:39, 7F

04/11 09:00, , 8F
感謝變速球大大給大家這麼信達雅的翻譯..XD
04/11 09:00, 8F

04/11 09:15, , 9F
他竟然會教生物、化學!!!
04/11 09:15, 9F

04/11 09:19, , 10F
他之前就是因為念書而出名的阿...XDD
04/11 09:19, 10F

04/11 09:59, , 11F
借轉洋將板
04/11 09:59, 11F
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ※ 轉錄者: lkk7835045 (163.27.225.160), 時間: 04/11/2013 09:59:09

10/12 05:35, , 12F
Lm真的太操了
10/12 05:35, 12F

12/16 15:15, , 13F
洪一忠!把一個好投手玩壞!
12/16 15:15, 13F

12/16 15:15, , 14F
12/16 15:15, 14F
文章代碼(AID): #1HPXZkkK (young-jiang)