[分享] W. S. Graham, To Alexander Graham (197

看板poetry作者 (讀不完的書)時間10月前 (2023/06/18 19:23), 編輯推噓0(001)
留言1則, 1人參與, 10月前最新討論串1/1
To Alexander Graham (1977) W. S. Graham Lying asleep walking Last night I met my father Who seemed pleased to see me. He wanted to speak. I saw His mouth saying something But the dream had no sound. We were surrounded by Laid-up paddle steamers In The Old Quay in Greenock. I smelt the tar and the ropes. It seemed that I was standing Beside the big iron cannon The tugs used to tie up to When I was a boy. I turned To see Dad standing just Across the causeway under That one lamp they keep on. He recognised me immediately. I could see that. He was The handsome, same age With his good brows as when He would take me on Sundays Saying we’ll go for a walk. Dad, what am I doing here? What is it I am doing now? Are you proud of me? Going away, I knew You wanted to tell me something. You stopped and almost turned back To say something. My father, I try to be the best In you you give me always. Lying asleep turning Round in the quay-lit dark It was my father standing As real as life. I smelt The quay’s tar and the ropes. I think he wanted to speak. But the dream had no sound. I think I must have loved him. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 114.36.37.197 (臺灣) ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/poetry/M.1687087394.A.C48.html

06/18 19:23, 10月前 , 1F
this one's for you rob
06/18 19:23, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #1aZkaYn8 (poetry)