[翻譯]艾狄絲 相信我◎Leonard Cohen

看板poem作者 (駱駝 獅子 孩童)時間7年前 (2016/06/25 23:18), 編輯推噓2(201)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
艾狄斯,相信我。(註1) 我必須採許行動 ,要快點行動。這是我的天性。 叫我大限將至的法蘭肯斯坦博士吧(註2) 我似乎在一場車禍中醒來 ,四肢遍地散落,疏離的尖叫聲呼喚著安慰, 斷裂的手指指著家的方向,所有的殘骸像從包裝紙拿出的起司一樣縮水了。 在破碎的世界裡我只有一根針與線,我跪下來 ,從殘骸中撿出肉塊, 開始把自己縫起來。對人類應該長怎樣,我稍有概念,但概念還在變化。 我無法花一輩子的時間去尋找完美的形體。 我聽到的只有痛苦,見到的只有肉塊。我拿針瘋狂縫,有時候,發現自己與我奇特的 造物縫在一起(註3) 我再撕開自己,聽見自己對其他人狂吼 ,我知道, 確確實實知道自己也是災難的一部分。 但我也知道 ,我不是唯一一個在膝蓋上瘋狂修補自己的人 還有其他人像我一樣 ,犯了巨大的錯 因著同樣不純粹的焦慮 ,將自己縫上這廢墟 ,再痛苦地把自己撕下 -F 你在哭 -原諒我 -別哭了,你的屌都軟掉了。 Believe me, Edith, I had to act, and act fast. That was my nature. Call me Dr. Frankenstein with a deadline. I seemed to wake up in the middle of a car accident, limbs strewn everywhere, detached voices screaming for comfort, severed fingers pointing homeward, all the debris withering like sliced cheese out of Cellophane – and all I had in the wrecked world was a needle and thread, so I got down on my knees, I pulled pieces out of the mess and I started to stitch them together. I had an idea of what a man should look like, but it kept changing. I couldn’t devote a lifetime to discovering the ideal physique. All I heard was pain, all I saw was mutilation. My needle going so madly, sometimes I found I’d run the thread right through my own flesh and I was joined to one of my own grotesque creations – I’d rip us apart – and then I heard my own voice howling with the others, and I knew that I was also truly part of the disaster. But I also realized that I was not the only one on my knees sewing frantically. There were others like me, making the same monstrous mistakes, driven by the same impure urgency, stitching themselves into the ruined heap, painfully extracting themselves- - F, you are weeping. - Forgive me. - Stop blubbering. See you ‘ve lost your hard on. - - ===== - 註1: - 這段對話是美麗失敗者裡F與艾狄斯偷偷跑到外國偷情時發生的 - 只需要知道 F是主角好友 艾狄斯是主角太太 他們之間是3P關係就好了 - 他們這時正在瘋狂做愛 - 註2:這裡不翻科學怪人是因為漫畫卡通裡誤用了原本小說設定 - 科恩這裡應該指的是科學怪人的創造者 (瑪莉 雪萊原本 裡並沒有為怪物取名) - 註3:暗指與科學怪人或自己缺憾的造物縫在一起 - ================================================= 譯後註:科學怪人的解釋是我自己想的 這裡完全跟原譯不同 我覺得作者類比自己為神 自己縫上自己缺憾的造物 有對科學怪人熟的版友 或可補充 (我自首我只有看Crahcourse Literature濃縮版) 對原譯有興趣的版友請找美麗失敗者(p220)來看 此外:謝謝原譯者李三沖 終於擺脫他的影響了 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 114.40.36.9 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/poem/M.1466867893.A.223.html

06/26 11:15, , 1F
謝謝你翻譯這首詩,我好喜歡美麗失敗者喔
06/26 11:15, 1F

06/26 14:09, , 2F
謝謝你,這鼓勵來得正是時候,^^^^^
06/26 14:09, 2F

06/28 00:42, , 3F
06/28 00:42, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1NRg2r8Z (poem)