[譯詩] Daniel Beatty, Knock knock

看板poem作者 (漫步中的哈哈星人)時間13年前 (2011/05/12 17:56), 編輯推噓4(400)
留言4則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
請配合影片食用:http://youtu.be/wZ6ySMXYY4w
<敲敲> As a boy, I shared a game with my father— 小時候我和父親常玩一種遊戲── Played it every morning till I was three. 我三歲之前的每個早上都玩。 He would knock knock on my door, 他會敲敲我的房門, and I'd pretend to be asleep till he got right next to the bed. 我會假裝我還在睡直到他靠近我的床邊。 Then I would get up and jump into his arms. 然後我會起來跳進他的臂膀。 "Good morning, Papa." 「爸爸早安!」 And my Papa, he would tell me that he loved me. 接著我爸爸,他會說他愛我。 We shared a game, 我們玩這個遊戲, Knock knock, 敲敲。 Until that day when the knock never came, 直到敲擊聲並沒有到來的那天, And my Mama takes me on a ride past cornfields 我媽媽帶著我乘車經過玉米田 on this never-ending highway 上了永遠到不了終點的高速公路 Till we reach a place of high rusty gates. 等到我們抵達一個被鐵銹色的圍牆圍住的地方 A confused little boy, 一個困惑的小男孩, I enter the building carried in my Mama’s arms. 躲在媽媽的臂彎進入那座建築。 Knock knock. 敲敲。 We reach a room of windows and brown faces. 我們到的那個房間充滿窗戶和黝黑的臉。 Behind one of the windows sits my father. 我的父親坐在其中一個窗戶後面。 I jump out of my Mama's arms and run joyously towards my Papa's, 我跳出媽媽的臂彎然後開心地跑向我爸爸, Only to be confronted by this window. 但是還是隔著窗戶。 I knock knock trying to break through the glass, 我敲敲,試著打破那層玻璃, Trying to get to my father. 試著接近我父親。 I knock knock as my Mama pulls me away 我敲敲,當媽媽將我拉走 Before my Papa even says a word. 在我爸爸一個字都還沒說之前。 And for years, he has never said a word. 於是好多好多年過去了,他還是一個字都沒說。 And so, 25 years later, I write these words 也於是,二十五年過去了,我寫下這些話 For the little boy in me who still awaits his Papa's knock. 為還在等爸爸敲敲的那個住在我心裡的小男孩。 "Papa, come home, 'cause I miss you. 「爸爸,回家吧,因為我好想你。 I miss you waking me up in the morning and telling me you love me. 我想你在早上叫我起床然後告訴我你愛我。 Papa, come home, 'cause there's things I don't know, 爸爸,回家吧,因為還有許多我不懂的事, And I thought maybe you could teach me 我想說不定你可以教教我 How to shave, 如何刮鬍子, How to dribble a ball, 如何拍球, How to talk to a lady, 如何和女孩講話, How to walk like a man. 如何像個男人一樣行走。 Papa, come home, 'cause I decided awhile back 爸爸,快回家吧,因為我剛剛決定 I want to be just like you, but I’m forgetting who you are." 我將來想要和你一樣,但是我開始漸漸忘了你是誰。」 And 25 years later, a little boy cries. 於是二十五年過去了,小男孩哭了。 And so I write these words and try to heal 於是我寫下這些話試著癒療傷口 And try to father myself. 也試著做一個父親。 And I dream up a father 於是我想像了一個父親 Who says the words my father did not. 他告訴我一些我父親沒說的話。 "Dear son, I'm sorry I never came home. 「親愛的兒子,我很抱歉我從未返家。 For every lesson I failed to teach, hear these words: 為每件我無法教導你的事,聽聽這些話: 'Shave in one direction with strong deliberate strokes 『鬍子順著一個方向謹慎的刮 To avoid irritation. 避開惱人的東西。 Dribble the page with the brilliance of your ballpoint pen. 用你圓潤筆尖的光彩流過書頁。 Walk like a god, and your goddess will come to you. 像神一樣行走,如此你的女神就會朝你走來。 No longer will I be there to knock on your door, 而我將不會再敲你的房門了, "So you must learn to knock for yourself. 所以你必要學著自己敲, Knock knock down doors of racism and poverty that I could not. 敲敲,把我無法敲掉的種族歧視和貧困敲掉。 Knock knock on doors of opportunity 敲敲,敲在機會的大門上 For the lost brilliance of the black men who crowd these cells. 為那些失去光彩的被塞進監牢裏的黑人們。 Knock knock with diligence for the sake of your children. 敲敲,勤奮地敲就為了你的孩子們。 Knock knock for me. 敲敲,為了我。 For as long as you are free, 只要你是自由的, These prison gates cannot contain my spirit. 這些監獄的圍牆就無法囚禁我的靈魂。 The best of me still lives in you. 我最好的一部分仍然存在你心裏。 Knock knock with the knowledge that you are my son, 敲敲,因為知道你是我的兒子, But you are not my choices." 但是你的一切並不是我有能力決定的。」 Yes, we are our fathers' sons and daughters, 是的,我們都是我們父親的兒女, But we are not their choices. 但是我們無法為他們決定。 For despite their absences, 儘管他們缺席, We are still here, 我們仍在這裡, Still alive, 還活著, Still breathing, 還在呼吸, With the power to change this world 以改變世界的力量 One little boy and girl at a time. 一次一個小男孩和小女孩。 Knock knock, 敲敲, Who's there? 誰在那裡? We are. 是我們。 Note: 影片裡的不是全文,作者有漏掉一小節。 但是這個影片是我認為講得最好的一個版本。非常感人:) --                                            ▕哈▏                       -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.54.148.202

05/12 18:02, , 1F
we are
05/12 18:02, 1F

05/12 20:45, , 2F
感人
05/12 20:45, 2F

05/12 22:08, , 3F
05/12 22:08, 3F

05/12 23:44, , 4F
can't stop crying
05/12 23:44, 4F
文章代碼(AID): #1DowxCuj (poem)