[心得] 25期 25號 謝秉儒(代PO)

看板lifeguard作者 (麵包)時間12年前 (2012/05/29 09:52), 編輯推噓9(902)
留言11則, 10人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Gratitude To all the coaches, I wish to express my gratitude here, thanks for your time and attentions. Please accept my best regards! Meritocracy I am pleased to take part in this program with a whole bunch of young elite students; most of my fellow classmates and our coaches are the students of the most admirable university in the country. Besides their outstanding academic performance, this program revealed other aspects of fine quality in them, such like enthusiastic, athletic, versatile, devoted …etc. The society nowadays is filled with people of over-promise & short delivery, deep down in my heart I feel these people could be different and very likely make a difference in the future. Training with so many young elite is somewhat privileged, I think. Markus and SL Hsieh always gave smile, considering they were also facing demanding schoolwork. "Bread" always sounded energetic even though looked awfully tired. I am proud that I shared the same surname with SL and "Bread". Eric though suffered from serious cold and diarrhea still managed to cope with the training and final test. Even I am much older than Tino, he appeared prefer to call me "Frankie". "Frankie, habla español conmigo." "Estoy muy cansado y me duelen muchos." 2Js (James & Jerry) reside in Singapore, Henry from Macao, Daifeng working for Taipower, .... etc. This program was so intense that I could not know my fellow classmates better. One thing might take me longer to think upon is the relationship between meritocracy and military style management. Could these 2 coexist in harmony? Is military style management truly the most efficient and effective one? If the smartest young men in our country could only come up with the idea of mimicking military style management, then how could the society blame Terry KUO and his Hon Hai/Foxconn for turning the factories into sweatshops? Favorite & Persona Non Grata In fact, I do not really have any “persona non grata” among coaches. Serving the army nearly 2 decades ago, the yelling coaches made comparing what I encountered in the army was really piece of cake. Besides, the coaches gave up their own precious time to teach people they did not even know before pro bono, which is honorable and admirable. However, per request, I named one, Angela. I think people used to serve the army like me had long been used to male’s yelling, but the higher pitch of female’s was otherwise. I could have named Ms. Wu, who was picked as favorite by many, as well. But many sat near me named her as favorite, so it appeared to be quite “inconvenient” for me to name her. Though I got the symbolic penalty for naming Angela “non grata”, I am sorry if Angela felt offended or hurt. I just did not like female’s yelling, nothing personal. Nevertheless, Wu, the one who won most “non grata” votes, I only knew him at the last night. As to the favorite, I named Wang. I knew Sung-Lin HSIEH also named him as favorite before me; however, someone named Wang as “non grata” after SL HSIEH, which neutralized SL’s favorite vote, so I gave him my vote to sustain his “favorite” status quo. I witnessed the incident SL mentioned as reason for winning his vote, besides there were some traits made me feel he is a forgiving person. Many coaches I felt deserved of “favorite” vote, and they consequently got the votes before my turn. Cheng (Zheng), I feel, belongs to “forgiving” kind of person, I would have voted him. But a girl uttered her affection for him before me, which was stronger than 10 more favorite votes, I think. So eventually, my vote went to Wang. Additionally, Yang, who remembers every trainees’ names, is very impressive. Most impressive event in this program It’s jumping off 3m high diving platform to me. It’s hard to overcome the fear of highness standing on the edge of the platform. When I was a kid, my brothers and I jumped from 2nd floor into the pool often as long as we were not caught, I think that was higher than 3m. In addition, I was shorter, so I should feel it was much taller than what I would now. Still I could hardly overcome the fear, and it took me quite some time to jump off the platform and I loosed my arms during the falling. However, after 3m, 5m one seemed enjoyable, though I still had fear before leap. Swimming in rather fast flowing water was quite an experience, too. It demands certain muscle power rather than merely swimming technique. Loading The first thing came to my mind about this training program after completion is I should have taken part in this program some 15 or 20 years ago. It’s a bit too much for me physically. The physical loading was actually ok with me, but no break in between was critically harmful. It takes much longer time for me to recover from fatigue and sports injuries than most of fellow classmates who are college students. I think it would work better with me if combining the loading of 2-day in one, then a day off every other day. However, it’s a college event or program, accordingly it is designed for young age group. I would like to suggest, if I could, the organizers move the EMT course to the middle of the program rather than the later part sparing some time for trainees to take a break. A break in the middle would achieve better equilibrium. Stress The training brought with huge stress toward my body. All kinds of symptoms showed up, cold sores/fever blisters, dehydration, DOMS, fatigue, insomnia, mild diarrhea & headache. Though DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) was resulted from physical exercises, it consequently brought with stress, too. Besides, as people aged, they are prone to insomnia (likely more sensitive to the stimulating effects of corticotropin-releasing hormone) which also leads to fatigue, and prolong the healing of injuries. Even drinking plenty of water, there were still signs of dehydration, such like feeling thirsty, dry lips. Dehydration brought with fatigue, too. All these made me feel indisposed and contributed to stress, I believed. Well, I was told to do some weight-training since I was in the college, but I never took it even I was a member of tennis team then. But I have been considering it after attending at this training program. If my muscles had more strength, then I would not worry so much of sports injury. Field Trip It's a pity that I won't be able to attend at the field trip on coming Sunday. It collides with an open water swimming event in Keelung, which I believed many of coaches also took part in last year. I am an veteran of this event and it's also the time for annual gathering with my ex-coworkers & clients so I won't skip it for the field trip. However, I wish you all have a good time there. Perhaps you guys can consider to join in this event next year, though the organizer claim the distance to be 4km, it's actually just around 3km. Below URLs are the photos I took in this event. 2011 http://photo.pchome.com.tw/portege/0582/ 2010 http://photo.pchome.com.tw/portege/0535/ 2009 http://photo.pchome.com.tw/portege/0432/ 2008 http://photo.pchome.com.tw/portege/0307/ 2007 http://photo.pchome.com.tw/portege/0253/ 2006 http://photo.pchome.com.tw/portege/0201/ 2005 http://photo.pchome.com.tw/portege/0137/ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.244.145

05/29 10:32, , 1F
So formal...
05/29 10:32, 1F

05/29 11:44, , 2F
我竟然最後一天才被認識XD
05/29 11:44, 2F

05/29 11:48, , 3F
外木山很不錯,往年都會去,很可惜這次時間無法配合~
05/29 11:48, 3F

05/29 11:57, , 4F
好有誠意的心得!!! 恭喜結訓!!!
05/29 11:57, 4F