[大威] ESPN Body Issue

看板Williams作者 (年世蘭)時間10年前 (2014/07/11 19:51), 編輯推噓6(600)
留言6則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://tinyurl.com/nnozms8 裡面有一段專訪影片跟文章 大威登上美國ESPN雜誌的Body Issue封面 ESPN自從2009開始推出Body Issue 邀請體壇名人全裸入鏡 受邀的網球選手有 2009 - Serena.James Blake 2011 - Vera Zvonareva 2012 - Daniela Hantuchova 2013 - Agnieszka Radwanska.John Isner 2014 - Venus.Thomas Berdych 其中有登上封面的只有小威、Hantuchova、大威 大威今年拍的效果太好啦! 封面:http://tinyurl.com/q6n2e56 內頁:http://tinyurl.com/lzc4ad4 http://tinyurl.com/p5yrynx http://tinyurl.com/m5lsgmw ---- Oh man, this is the real deal. It didn't dawn on me until right when I walked on set that I would have to be without clothes. If I would have thought about it before, there may have been a little less of a chance. 全裸入鏡真的很難,我直到必須一絲不掛走出去的那一刻才接受這件事,如果我曾想過這 麼困難,搞不好要邀到我的機會更小。 In the past, I would train until I died. Now, because of Sjogren's syndrome, I have to be careful. If I train too hard, then I won't be able to do anything the next day. There would be times when I'd park my car at home and I fell asleep behind the wheel because I was so tired! It's a balance between pushing myself as much as I can and being reasonable about what I can achieve and what my body will tolerate. 過去我可能會訓練到死掉為止,但現在因為修格連氏症候群,我必須要非常小心,如果我 訓練太過頭,隔天我可能甚麼事都做不了,有幾次我甚至停好車之後就睡著了,因為我實 在太累了!我需要找到一個盡可能要求自己但又合理、我的身體可以容忍的平衡。 You are so tired it hurts. At my worst point, I wasn't able to play tennis at all. Just the whole quality of my life was compromised -- and uncomfortable. It's very difficult to understand unless you've gone through it. Especially as a professional athlete, there's never any acceptable excuse. You push and you push and you'll die on the court if you have to, but you get it done. The whole experience is just foreign as an athlete. You have to accept that you're never going to be 100 percent. So, how do you get past those roadblocks? 最糟糕的情況我甚至完全不能打球,我整個生活品質都要打折扣,很不舒服,這除非親身 經歷,否則很難理解,特別是身為職業運動員是永遠沒有藉口的,你必須繼續激發自己, 如果必須的話,甚至死在球場上,像這樣的疲憊感對於運動員來說是很陌生的經驗,但你 需要先接受自己永遠不會達到100%的狀態,否則怎麼開始通過障礙呢? I wouldn't say I "enjoyed" the challenge. But I'm up for the challenge. Sjogren's syndrome has been a life-changing experience, that's for sure. 我不能說我享受這個挑戰,但我願意面對這個挑戰,修格連氏症候群對我來說肯定是個改 變一生的經驗。 I give my dad a lot of credit for changing the game. He found so many new techniques that we brought out onto the court. He's the mastermind behind it; we were just the ones out there doing it. 我要將改變網球這項運動歸功於我爸爸,他開發了很多新的技術,我們才帶上球場,但在 幕後這都是他的功勞,我們只是將這些東西實作出來而已。 I had such a lackadaisical attitude toward being tall. I never really used to care; it just always helped me with my game. Sometimes women who are taller aren't comfortable with it, but I love being tall. 我對於長很高沒甚麼感覺,從來都不怎麼在意,我覺得我的身高對我的網球有幫助,有些 比較高的女選手不太滿意自己的身高,但我蠻喜歡這個優勢的。 You never know where inspiration is going to come from. Earlier in my career I could never beat this player, Jana Novotna. I remember playing her and someone in the audience yelled, "Hit it to her forehand!!!" And so I hit it to her forehand, and what do you know, she collapsed. I thank that fan, whoever that was. 你永遠都不會知道靈感會從哪裡來,我的生涯早期一直打敗不了Jana Novotna,直到後來 有一個觀眾大叫「打他的正拍!」我開始這麼做了,後來他就開始崩盤,真的需要感謝那 個球迷。 I wish I could retain muscle easier. If I don't go to the gym for a week, I just get thinner and thinner. My body just doesn't want it. I'm full of oil, I guess. 我希望可以更容易保持肌肉,如果我一個禮拜沒去健身房,我就會越來越瘦,我想我的身 體大概不是很想要那麼多肌肉。 My motto personally has always been: Look Good, Play Well. I think there's a connection with what you wear. If you don't feel good about what you're wearing, you aren't going to feel confident and you aren't going to be able to concentrate. 我的座右銘是「穿得漂亮、打得漂亮」,我想球場上的表現跟你的穿著會有一些連結,如 果你對於你穿的衣服不太滿意,你也不會有自信,不會有辦法專注。 No. More. Biking. It was me, Serena and our physical therapist and we said, "OK, we're going to mix it up! We're going to ride bikes around the neighborhood!" So I got on the bike the first day and I stopped short and flew 15-20 feet off the bike. I don't know how I came out of it without at least breaking a wrist or a rib. After that, one by one, we all got into an accident. Serena got skinned to the white on her shoulder and her face. Our physical therapist fell into a ditch. We're like, this isn't good for our careers. We don't know how to ride bikes. We just know how to get into accidents! 我們不會再騎腳踏車了!我跟Serena還有我們的物治師本來想要混和一下不同的訓練方式 ,結果我騎沒多久就飛出去了,我不知道我怎麼沒摔斷手腕或肋骨,後來我們都發生一些 意外,Serena的肩膀跟臉都有受傷,我們的物治師摔進一條溝裡,後來我們決定到此為止 ,我們不知道怎麼駕馭腳踏車,倒是很清楚怎麼陷入麻煩中。 Everyone is better now. Before I turned pro, that level of power and athleticism was limited to a few players, where now it's really across the board. Players really believe they can win now no matter who they play. I know it wasn't there when I first started. I think the players are more mentally focused, more athletic, powerful, all of those things. 每個選手都更強了,我轉職業前這樣的力道跟運動能力只侷限於少數選手,但現在每個人 都可以做到,每個選手都相信自己可以贏球,我想現在的選手越來越專注,運動能力跟力 道也越來越強了。 I don't like being defeated by anything. It makes me creative, that's for sure. You have to figure out ways to win when you don't feel well. You have to find different avenues in order to get your top health level, and you have to be tough. You can't make any excuses, even though you have one of the biggest excuses available. It's a roller coaster, but thankfully I've enjoyed roller coasters since I was a child. 我不喜歡被任何事情打敗,這讓我變得很有創造力,因為當你做的不好時,你需要更努力 找出不同的方向讓自己突破,如果健康沒辦法百分百,就要想有什麼替代方法,要變得更 堅強,不能找任何藉口,即使你知道你擁有最好的藉口。生活就像雲霄飛車,還好我從小 就喜歡雲霄飛車。 There is never not an answer. For me, that's the solution. If I have to work hard or think hard or just copy somebody else that's doing it better -- whatever it takes, I'm going to find that solution. That's the drive that keeps me going. 生活中永遠都不會找不到答案的,對我來說永遠都有解決之道,也許我必須更努力、思考 更多,或者向其他做得更好的人學習--不論如何,我都會找到解決之道,這就是我一直努 力下去的動力。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 61.58.182.58 ※ 文章網址: http://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Williams/M.1405079487.A.B75.html

07/11 21:26, , 1F
個人覺得小火車男網是最Hot的...其他臉跟身材都差一
07/11 21:26, 1F

07/11 21:37, , 2F
Jana Novotna那段好幽默,更愛大威了
07/11 21:37, 2F

07/11 23:20, , 3F
大威好美>///<
07/11 23:20, 3F

07/12 00:23, , 4F
大威接受訪問的智慧真的是非常過人 而且也很幽默
07/12 00:23, 4F