[轉錄]Lindsay and Serena withdraw from next week' …

看板Williams作者 (VStarr)時間19年前 (2005/08/06 21:00), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 Tennis 看板] 作者: Stuward (Arta) 看板: Tennis 標題: Lindsay and Serena withdraw from next week's event 時間: Sat Aug 6 09:20:19 2005 Carson, CA (Sports Network) - Two of the world's top players, Lindsay Davenport and Serena Williams, were forced to withdraw from next week's JPMorgan Chase Open due to injuries. Davenport, who is ranked No. 1, pulled out due to a lower back strain. She originally suffered the injury during her final loss to Venus Williams at Wimbledon. Davenport was forced to retire last week during second-round action at the Bank of the West Classic in Stanford. Davenport won the JPMorgan Chase Open last year as the top seed. "I am very disappointed that I have to withdraw from the JPMorgan Chase Open and will be unable to defend my title," said Davenport. "I feel this is my hometown tournament and one in which I have always looked forward to playing. My back is just not ready yet for competition. I look forward to returning next year and trying to regain my title." Williams, who is ranked seventh in the world, won the event in Los Angeles in 1999 and 2000 and lost to Davenport in straight sets in the final last year. She continues to be hampered by a left ankle injury. "We are certainly disappointed to lose players of the stature of our defending champion Lindsay Davenport and our other local favorite, Serena Williams, but we understand the need for each of them to focus on recovering from their recent injuries," tournament director Bill Peterson said in a statement. The top seeds for next week's $585,000 tier II event are Maria Sharapova, Elena Dementieva, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Nadia Petrova, Vera Zvonareva, Kim Clijsters, Mary Pierce and Elena Likhovtseva. -- ※ 編輯: Stuward 來自: 203.187.57.182 (08/06 09:23)

61.57.84.14 08/06,
轉借
61.57.84.14 08/06
-- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.57.84.14
文章代碼(AID): #12zBHN1m (Williams)