[小威] 小威退出Stanford

看板Williams作者 (VStarr)時間19年前 (2005/07/20 11:07), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Struggling Serena delays comeback Serena Williams has pulled out of next week's event in Stanford, California, because of a sore left ankle. The 23-year-old first picked up the injury in her quarter-final against Silvia Farina Elia at Amelia Island over two months ago. Williams was then forced to withdraw from the French Open and lost in the third round at Wimbledon to unheralded American Jill Craybas. Venus Williams, Lindsay Davenport and Kim Clijsters will play in Stanford. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Williams says she's not yet prepared to competeAssociated Press STANFORD, Calif. -- Serena Williams pulled out of next week's Bank of the West Classic on Tuesday because of the left ankle injury that has hampered her since April. After losing in the third round at Wimbledon last month, Williams said her ankle was broken. "I took some time off after Wimbledon to try to get healthy again, which is what my doctors advised me to do, but that has not allowed me sufficient time to train and be fully prepared to compete at a high level next week," the seven-time major champion said. "I am going to work hard the next several days to get ready for the remainder of the summer hard-court season and, ultimately, the U.S. Open." Williams' ankle problem forced her to quit during the quarterfinals at Amelia Island, Fla., in April. She returned to action at the Italian Open the next month, but she moved poorly in a straight-set loss to Francesca Schiavone in her first match. Williams then missed the French Open and didn't play again until Wimbledon. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.57.95.49
文章代碼(AID): #12tR_d4P (Williams)