[轉錄][情報] 林柏佑專訪

看板WhiteSox作者 (論文生產中)時間17年前 (2007/07/13 20:14), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 MLB-TW 看板] 作者: factorial (我想要精彩的人生) 看板: MLB-TW 標題: [情報] 林柏佑專訪 時間: Fri Jul 13 08:59:28 2007 BriSox pitcher making no ordinary sacrifice 布里斯托襪隊投手沒有白白犧牲 BY Bucky Dent BRISTOL HERALD COURIER He could be any 20-year-old in any minor league ball park in Organized Baseball, talking about his hopes and dreams of making the Major Leagues. “It was tough to leave my parents, my sister and my friends,” he said. “It was emotional … but my goal is to reach the major leagues, so if I have to sacrifice a little to reach my goal, that’s what I have to do.” Except Po-Yu Lin isn’t any 20-year-old in any minor league ball park in Organized Baseball. And the sacrifice of which is speaks is no mere bunt or fly. 任何小聯盟中20歲的投手,都能夠談論著他對大聯盟的希望與夢想。離開家人與朋友在情 感上是很痛苦的,但是如果我能實現上到大聯盟的夢想,我必須要這麼做。林柏佑也是其 中之一,而且他所做的犧牲不僅僅於此。 When Lin left Taipei, Taiwan, in late February for the Chicago White Sox’s spring training camp, it was more than a journey of thousands of miles for the 6-foot-0, 221-pound pitcher. It was a leap of faith – a leap he never thought an organization believed he could attempt. 當二月離開台北前往芝加哥白襪隊春訓營時,這對身高六呎體重221磅的林來說不僅是一 趟千里的旅程,這一百八十度的轉變更是林過去不曾想過能夠挑戰的。 “At first, I was a little shocked because I didn’t think I’d have the chance to come to America to play for the White Sox or any other team,” Lin said. “But after the shock, I felt it would be a new journey for me. I’m ready for it and I’m trying to take it to the next level.” 林說:一開始我很驚訝,因為我從不曾想過我能夠到美國為芝加哥白襪或任何其他球隊效 力,但在驚訝之後,我覺得這對我來說會是全新的體驗,我已經準備好了,而且我會努力 更上層樓! An increasing number of Taiwanese players are reaching the next level of which Lin speaks. The baseball-crazy nation, which dominated the Little League World Series in the 1970s and ’80s, boasts 24 players in Organized Baseball – 21 in the minors. The most famous is New York Yankees righthander Chien Ming-Wang, a sinkerballer whose 95-mile per hour fastball has the feel of a bowling ball on a hitter’s bat. Wang won 19 games last year and is considered the team’s ace. 愈來愈多的台灣球員在美國有很好的表現,有著棒球狂熱的台灣在70和80年代是三級棒球 的常勝軍,而現在在美國效力的球員則一股氣增加到24個人(21人在小聯盟),其中最有 名的是洋基的右投手 - 王建民,有著95mph快速球的伸卡球投手,讓打者在揮棒時好像打 到保齡球一樣,王去年拿下19勝而且被當成洋基的ACE。 Lin knows Wang and also knows that the Los Angeles Dodgers employ two countrymen – lefty starter Hong Chih-Kuo and reliever Chin Hui-Tsao, who’s currently battling back from injuries. “We talk through the Internet,” Lin said. “We talk three to four times a week, and we encourage each other and want to see each other in the big leagues one day.” 林認識王,也認識洛杉磯道奇隊的同胞 - 左投郭泓志及後援投手曹錦輝。林說:我們在 網路上一週聊個三四次,我們也會互相鼓勵,期待在大聯盟場上看見對方。 By numbers alone, Lin’s big league dream is a long shot. By the $300,000 the White Sox shelled out last November to get his name on a contract, his dream is better than a long shot. The results of his first start with Bristol – a six-inning, four-hit, no-walk, seven-strikeout masterpiece in Johnson City Friday night for his team ’s only win in eight games – suggest the six-figure investment might yield its fair share of returns. 如果只看帳面數字,林的大聯盟之路似乎是沒希望的,但白襪隊在去年十一月跟林簽的三 十萬美元合約,卻又推翻了這個說法。星期五在強森市為布里斯托隊出賽的第一次先發, 投六局被擊出四支安打、零保送、送出七次三振的代表作,為布里司托隊拿下近八場唯一 一場勝利,說明了這六位數字的簽約金是合理的。 “You can’t base everything on one game,” BriSox manager Bobby Thigpen said, “but he threw the ball extremely well and kept them off-balance. “There’s not much you can ask for besides six shutout innings … except to do it again.” And that is why Lin is halfway across the world – to prove he can do it again and again and again and again. 布里斯托襪隊總教練說:你不能單憑一場比賽就下結論,但他在那場比賽真的投的很好, 並且擾亂對手的節奏,你不能對一場投六局無失分的比賽要求更多,除非要求再來一場。 而這也是為什麼林要跨過半個地球到美國來,因為他要證明他能夠一次又一次的做到。 Because of the obvious links in heritage between he and Wang, as well as the fact that both are righthanders, the inevitable comparisons have surfaced, including one from FutureSox.com. Lin is honored but realistic. “I know that I’m not as good as [Wang],” Lin said. “I hope that one day, maybe I’ll get to that level. Right now, the goal is to take one step at a time, better myself as a pitcher and a baseball player.” Those steps seem to have come routinely on the field. Lin has easily adjusted to American practices, which he says are “short and to the point.” 因為林跟王都來自於台灣,加上他們都是右投手,不可避免的會把他們兩人做比較,而這 也包括了FutureSox.com。林感到驕傲但也很實際,他說:我沒有像王那麼好,但我希望 有一天我能像他一樣,身為一個投手,我希望一步一步來。這在球場上似乎是慣例。林輕 易的適應了美國式簡潔扼要的訓練方式。 His arm certainly appreciates it. Lin said bullpen sessions with the White Sox last between 30-to-45 pitches, well below the 80-to-100 pitchers are asked to throw in Asia. “Even though I throw less, I feel like I’m stronger and can control the ball better than I used to,” he said. 林的手臂很喜歡這種訓練方式,因為在白襪隊兩次先發中間牛棚練投時只需要投30到45球 ,但在台灣則需要投到80到100球。林說:雖然我投的比較少,但我覺得我變強壯了,而 且控球比以前更好了! As for off the field? When your home is halfway across the world and you’re going somewhere where the language isn’t yours, the next level must seem like Mount Everest. For Lin, the first month at White Sox camp in the Arizona desert might as well have been like climbing a mountain without any gear. “At first, it was really tough because there was nobody to talk to me,” he said. 那沒有比賽時呢?當你的家在半個地球遠的地方,而且要去的地方都語言不通的時候,一 定會覺得像是爬聖母峰一樣的艱難。對林來說,第一個月在亞利桑那沙漠的白襪訓練營可 能就像徒手爬聖母峰一樣吧!林說:一開始真的很難,因為沒有人要跟我講話。 Then the White Sox sensed he needed help. An interpreter, Steve Xiu, was provided. Now Lin had a go-between to communicate his needs. And occasionally, a chauffeur to a slice of home. “I’ll take him out for Chinese food every once in a while,” Xiu said, “ and even though it tastes a little different, it’s the same basic way of cooking, so it’s good to have some sense of home for him.” At this, Lin breaks into a big smile – just like any 20-year old about to slip into a comfort zone. “I’m excited to go eat Chinese food,” he said. 之後白襪隊感覺到林需要幫忙,所以提供了翻譯 - Steve,讓林能夠表達他所想要的,偶 爾也有了司機能夠載他回美國的家。Steve說:我有時會帶他去吃中國菜,雖然吃起來跟 台灣菜不太一樣,但因為料理方式相同,多少讓林有家的感覺。林用感到幸福的笑容打斷 了這對話,他說:我很興奮可以吃到中國菜呢! bdent@bristolnews.com | (276) 669-2181 文章來源:http://myurl.com.tw/t93d -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 128.61.50.67

07/13 09:48,
中間那段應該給台灣教練看一下,投得多不見得有好處…
07/13 09:48

07/13 11:47,
唉 土法煉鋼
07/13 11:47

07/13 13:52,
感謝翻譯。
07/13 13:52

07/13 16:55,
聲上大聯盟去送別隊瓦斯炸它們全家吧!!
07/13 16:55