[新聞] Fight Story: Michael Barrett

看板WhiteSox作者 (Axis)時間18年前 (2006/05/22 00:45), 編輯推噓5(502)
留言7則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
這篇是目前看到寫得最多的,看完後,XD,連撿個頭盔都會出事......。 出處:http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ cs-060520cubsside,1,4281967.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines Cubs catcher 'irritated' when Pierzynski walked toward him MICHAEL BARRETT By Paul Sullivan Tribune staff reporter Well before A.J. Pierzynski plowed into Michael Barrett on Saturday and ignited the city series' first brawl, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen was scooping up dirt outside his dugout and throwing it at Henry Blanco as he warmed up Rich Hill during the first inning. "Go ahead," Guillen said with a laugh afterward. "Blame me." Guillen and Blanco are good friends, and Guillen only was repeating last year's scene at Wrigley Field, when he also threw dirt at Blanco from the dugout. The real short fuse to the fight was Pierzynski's decision to grab his helmet after slamming home plate with his right hand following the collision, which Barrett interpreted as Pierzynski going toward him. [會打架的原因在這裡,跟衝撞、架拐子沒什麼關係。基本上,是AJ要去撿頭盔, Barrett解讀成他在挑釁。] Barrett conceded Pierzynski had "every right" to slam into him and that he made a "great play." But he said he was "irritated" when the Sox catcher walked toward him after the play. [那個衝撞真的沒什麼,等看過捕手被撞完後得進DL時(比如之前Johnny Estrada 被天使撞、還有Twins不曉得誰撞天使的捕手,摸老大?),就更能能體會了。] "I was really trying to protect the plate, and as soon as I got knocked down, I fell back, a little startled at first. … I didn't really see him hit the plate," Barrett said. "All I know is that when I got up and sort of gained some sort of consciousness, he's walking toward me and sort of bumps into me. "At that point, I just reacted, and I reacted in a [bad] way. I wish I would have pushed him away from me but, unfortunately, what's done is done." Barrett also acknowledged Pierzynski "barely nudged" him. [所以,請MLB版的一堆人不要再說AJ架拐子還是沒品之類的話了,很多時候影片是 會誤導的。] Pierzynski's reputation as a hothead may have played a part in Barrett's decision to punch him. "It was an emotional day today, and A.J. is an emotional player,"Barrett said. "I felt like, especially after watching the replay, that after touching home plate he very easily could have gone back to his dugout. He didn't have to cross over and come toward our dugout. … I was clearly 2 to 3 feet on the other side of home plate." Manager Dusty Baker called it a "clean play" from his vantage point, and had to ask Barrett what happened afterward. Barrett told Baker that Pierzynski was coming toward him. "I can't say he was in the wrong," Baker replied. "If somebody was coming toward me on a bang-bang play like that, there's a possibility there could be aggression." "I don't know if A.J. saw it the same way or not. There's two sides to the story. It just depends on which side of the story the league office goes with." The umpires were not available for comment. Asked if he regretted the incident, Barrett said: "Obviously, there are kids watching, and you don't like for those sort of things to happen. I expect to be disciplined. That's part of the price." Barrett reiterated there was "no correlation" between his punch and the recent play of the Cubs, who have lost 15 of their last 18 games. He also shrugged off the implication he was a hothead himself, as evidenced by incidents with Houston pitcher Roy Oswalt in 2004 and San Diego outfielder Dave Roberts two weeks ago. "I'm a grown man, and I take care of things the way I feel like they need to be taken care of," he said. "They're not always the best decisions when you hit another grown man, it's never right." psullivan@tribune.com -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 128.174.115.155

05/22 01:21, , 1F
可能是AJ之前給大家的印象都..所以他的作為大家都常解讀成
05/22 01:21, 1F

05/22 01:23, , 2F
不好的..(雖然幾成是真的基八就不知道啦XD)
05/22 01:23, 2F

05/22 01:24, , 3F
其實剛發生時,大家如果有點腦充血我覺得還好。只是當事後明
05/22 01:24, 3F

05/22 01:25, , 4F
明就已經有很多相關報導出來了,一堆人還在那邊自以為是、自
05/22 01:25, 4F