[新聞] A rich experience for Chinese Taipei

看板Volleyball作者 (我愛排球)時間17年前 (2006/11/03 15:12), 編輯推噓5(501)
留言6則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
From http://www.fivb.org/en/Infomedia/PressReleaseDB.asp?No=11823&Language=0 A rich experience for Chinese Taipei The captain of Chinese Taipei Chen Shu Li enjoying herself at the World Championship Tokyo, November 2, 2006: The 2006 FIVB World Championships are becoming quite costly for Chinese Taipei team manager Jack Wang Keui Ching – but he is loving every minute of it. After his team's sensational 3-1 victory over Japan on the opening night of Pool A, Wang rewarded his players and coaching staff with a US$3,000 team bonus from his own pocket. They followed up that success by beating Kenya 3-0 to enter Thursday's rest day with a perfect 2-0 win-loss record and firmly on course for a top-four finish and a place in the second round. Next up, on Friday, is another Asian rival, Korea – and Wang's wallet is ready to give as much as the players. "I think Korea and Chinese Taipei are 50-50 – but this time I think the Korea team is afraid of us," he says with a smile. "We have the confidence to win this game, so I am preparing more money." Wang, who is Vice President of the Chinese Taipei Volleyball Association, described their historic first win over Japan as a miracle – and was clearly still buzzing about it at the team hotel in downtown Shinjuku two days later. "Our target was to win one set, or maybe two sets. We would have been satisfied and very happy with that. But on that day maybe God helped us, and, unbelievably, we beat them 3-1. We felt very proud." The Japan-Chinese Taipei match took place on Tuesday evening – and the schedule had Chinese Taipei back on court for the first match on Wednesday afternoon against Kenya. Wang admits that was a tough task. "After the Japan game many of our players could not sleep because they were so excited," he says. "Me also. It was a miracle. I couldn't get to sleep till around 3.30 in the morning." Chinese Taipei are ranked 23rd in the world, well behind seventh-ranked Japan and 11th-ranked Kenya, and team manager Wang puts their success here down to the coaching of Lin Kuang Hung and unity among the players, most of whom played for Lin in the same high school team. "Our coach is a good guy," says Wang. "He trains them very hard and they obey him because they played for him at high school. I stand behind him and listen to what he says, and he always asks them how they have slept and how they are feeling. "When training has finished we have a doctor from Taipei who gives them a massage, and my wife goes to the supermarket to buy some special toppings for their rice in the hotel restaurant." The 12 players have been drawn from the four clubs in the Chinese Taipei volleyball league, and Wang admits his sport struggles for exposure in a domestic media dominated by baseball, basketball and golf. "It was big news back home when we beat Japan, but usually no one cares. I show people my name card with volleyball association vice president and they always say, 'what's this?' The media looks down on volleyball." Despite the obstacles they face at home, the Chinese Taipei players have produced two excellent performances in Tokyo. With these two wins and three matches still to play, the second round is beckoning and dates with reigning world champions Italy and three-time former world champions Cuba. By then, Wang's wallet may be empty – but the Chinese Taipei Volleyball Association Vice President says his President is ready to step in. "If they get into the top eight, the president said he would give something," says Wang. "He didn't say how much – but he has money!" -- 最後一段真XD -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.243.144.17 ※ 編輯: patient0719 來自: 210.243.144.17 (11/03 15:19)

11/03 15:19, , 1F
但他有的是錢XDDDDDDDDDDDD
11/03 15:19, 1F

11/03 15:27, , 2F
哈哈哈
11/03 15:27, 2F

11/03 15:42, , 3F
XD!!
11/03 15:42, 3F

11/03 15:49, , 4F
中間描述國內的不重視,感覺很心酸啊
11/03 15:49, 4F