Ronnie Brewer Resents Utah Didn't Try to Bring Him Back

看板UTAH-JAZZ作者 (Red Dunk)時間13年前 (2010/10/14 22:12), 編輯推噓7(810)
留言9則, 8人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Ronnie Brewer Resents Utah Didn't Try to Bring Him Back 10/07/2010 4:25 PM ET By Chris Tomasson DALLAS -- Ronnie Brewer wanted last summer to return to Utah as a free agent and general manager Kevin O'Connor had said Jazz officials would talk to him. In the end, though, the guard said Utah never made a serious run at him, and Brewer believes the Jazz pretty much had closed the door on him after a contract extension couldn't be reached last fall and he was traded last February to Memphis. So he ended up signing a three-year, $12.5 million deal with Chicago. "I kept in constant conversation with my agent (Henry Thomas) every day," Brewer said in an interview with FanHouse before a preseason game against Dallas on Thursday, the second straight game Brewer has missed due to a sore right hamstring. "Kevin O'Connor didn't contact me or (Thomas) even though I guess he said he did. He said that he was going to get back with them and he said he was going to get back with me. And he didn't really pursue (it)." O'Connor declined comment. Indications are O'Connor last summer did talk to Thomas, who did not immediately return a call, but no offer ever was made on Brewer. The Jazz ended up signing guard Raja Bell as the replacement for Wesley Matthews, who bolted to Portland after signing a five-year, $33.4 million offer sheet the Jazz didn't match. Any friction between Brewer and the Jazz started after Brewer played his first three seasons with Utah from 2006-09, including averaging 13.7 points in 2008-09. He was up for a contract extension last fall that would have kicked in this season, but the sides couldn't reach an agreement. Brewer said Utah offered a deal similar to the four-year, $15 million offer sheet Jazz swingman C.J. Miles signed with Oklahoma City in July 2008, which Utah ended up matching. At that point, Miles had played just three seasons coming out of high school and had averaged 5.0 points in 2007-08. "I just felt what was fair was fair," Brewer said of negotiations last fall over a contract extension before no deal could be reached by the Nov. 2, 2009 deadline. "And what they were talking about, I don't think was actually that fair. ... We didn't even have a set number (that the Brewer camp requested). We wanted them to put a number on the table. And the number was significantly low. "They were basically going to offer C.J. Miles. I was like, 'Well, he got that off potential and he hasn't even played (big minutes) yet.' It was fair (for Miles). No disrespect to him. I thought that I worked hard and improved every year (in Utah). My numbers spoke that I improved every year. But it was unfortunate that we didn't get something worked out because I thought I was a pretty good fit for (the Jazz), and I was only getting better." After no deal could be reached, Brewer was dealt last February to the Grizzlies for a first-round pick. Brewer ended up playing in just five Grizzlies games before being lost for the season with a partially torn right hamstring. Memphis renounced him after the season, making him an unrestricted, rather than a restricted, free agent. O'Connor told reporters last July he would speak with Brewer about possibly bringing him back to Utah, and indications are he did touch base with Thomas. But after it was decided not to match the offer sheet on Matthews, the Jazz signed Bell to a three-year deal worth about $10 million. "(Thomas) asked me if Utah came along with an offer and I said, 'Yeah, I'm open to anything that is going to benefit me,'" Brewer said of being interested last summer in returning to the Jazz. "I knew the system, knew the coach and the players. I enjoy playing with (Utah star point guard Deron Williams). After that, I got a call back (from his agent saying the Jazz were) going to sign (Bell)." Asked if he believed lingering bitterness over last fall's failed contract negotiations played a role in the Jazz not really pursuing him, Brewer said, "I think so." The third year of Brewer's contract is nonguaranteed, and his year-by-year salaries with the Bulls aren't that much higher than what a deal similar to Miles' would have paid. But Brewer said he's happy with his contract and being in Chicago. "I feel like this is a good fit for me, a good young team playing my style, an up-tempo team," Brewer said. "I'm looking forward to getting back on the court with these guys." Brewer hopes that will be soon. Brewer insists his hamstring injury isn't serious and isn't related to the injury that ended up sidelining him last March for the rest of the season. "I'm doing a lot better," said Brewer, who said he tweaked his hamstring Sept. 24, shortly before the Sept. 28 start of training camp. "I think it's more precautionary right now. I've been practicing right now, working out with the team. It's still early. I don't want to really push it and have an early injury." Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau also doesn't seem overly bothered by Brewer's injury. "Each day he's doing a little more," Thibodeau said. "Still, he still hasn't taken on contact yet. That will be the next step. But he's doing more and more each practice. Once he can do a full practice, he'll play. "In September, he went pretty hard. So you're concerned when anybody is injured. But the way he's moved and the way he's moving right now, I'm encouraged with that. But until he can get out there and get through practice and get through games, we're just going to count on the people we do have right now." The Jazz, meanwhile, will be counting on Bell, rather than Brewer, to replace Matthews. Interestingly, Bell is slated to make his preseason Utah debut at home Thursday night against none other than Matthews and Portland. http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/10/07/ ronnie-brewer-resents-utah-didnt-try-to-bring-him-back/ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.115.216.43

10/14 22:15, , 1F
收工!
10/14 22:15, 1F

10/14 22:28, , 2F
罵髒話之前記得要收工...........
10/14 22:28, 2F

10/14 22:56, , 3F
我猜純品會回"去問你的經紀人"<---比照之前Boozer也這樣說
10/14 22:56, 3F

10/14 23:01, , 4F
但就是沒簽到小酒才能把bell簽回來呀~
10/14 23:01, 4F