一篇有關於you-know-who的兒子採訪報導

看板UTAH-JAZZ作者 (STOCKTON)時間17年前 (2006/11/08 15:35), 編輯推噓4(402)
留言6則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
雖然對他女兒有興趣的人還多很多點 http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,650200172,00.html By Brad Rock Deseret Morning News Just a Stockton. Flying under the radar. I tracked down Houston Stockton by phone in Missoula, Mont., this week, though it took a few tries. He probably wasn't looking forward to the call. Mine was the first interview request the University of Montana's sports information office had received about him. The son of you-know-who is in college, a redshirt safety with the Grizzlies. Could that much time have passed? Could the ageless John Stockton really have a son in college? Renowned rock climber Bonnie Prudden said: "You can't turn back the clock. But you can wind it up again." //看到這害我有了一點期待 That happened countless times with John. Now another Stockton is on the clock. Weber State plays perennial I-AA power Montana Saturday in Ogden. Although Houston Stockton won't be at the game — redshirts don't travel with the team — it was an irresistible story: The son of one of basketball's greatest players embarking on his own career. Missoula is a great place to play football , but an even better place to go incognito. On the bright side, it's a big-time , smaller-size program. On the brighter side (for any Stockton), the only media are several small TV and radio stations and one daily newspaper. //打美式足球和隱姓埋名的好地方 -_- In a 20-minute interview, I learned the 5-foot-9, 160-pound Stockton is indeed his father's son. He offered the following anecdotes, but only after considerable prodding: He does get teased by teammates about being the son of a famous athlete. And his nickname is "Stock." Other than that, it was fill in the blanks, same way it was for 19 seasons when his dad was in Salt Lake. How the younger Stockton ended up in Missoula is a simple story. At his size, Notre Dame didn't want him. Neither did Utah or Washington State, for that matter. He grew up in Salt Lake, spending his freshman year of high school at Judge Memorial. But when John retired, the family moved back to Spokane. Houston enrolled at Gonzaga Prep, where his father's journey began. There the younger Stockton played basketball and football. //太小一隻 聖母 猶他和華盛頓州大都不要他 He was (surprise!) a point guard. Asked to compare himself with his dad, he said, "Compare? Um ... I'm not as good as my dad. No way." Football was always his first love anyway. When he graduated, he drew interest from Idaho of the WAC and Montana of the Big Sky. He went with a quality program — currently rated No. 2 among I-AA schools — over a slightly bigger but less successful one. Growing up with a famous parent can have its pitfalls, but Houston says his father never pushed him. Still, he admits, being John and Nada Stockton's son has its perks. He spent many a night running in and out of the Jazz locker room after games. At age 5, he met all the members of what is arguably hi story's greatest basketball team — the 1992 Olympic Dream Team. He remembers being poolside in Barcelona and tucking a ball in Patrick Ewing's arm and hearing him say, "So, you're a lefty." He also talked with Michael Jordan ("a nice guy from what I remember") and his favorite, Charles Barkley. Houston's younger brother Michael once wandered into the visiting team's locker room and ended up sitting on Barkley's lap during a TV interview. These days, there are no Barkleys, Jordans or Ewings hanging around. Not even a stray Antoine Carr. John has inconspicuously attended two Grizzly scrimmages and watched them play at Eastern Washington this year. The younger Stockton claims no aspirations of playing in the NFL, saying he's "just nervous (to contribute) because I'm pretty small." He's considering becoming a bartender when he graduates, same as his grandfather. Though he admits to being "a clone" of his father, he says he's not interested in becoming famous. //跟他老爸一樣低調到不行 志向是繼承爺爺當bartender "I'd rather keep it low profile, definitely," he said. As if it could be any other way. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.139.77.10 ※ 編輯: MaiStockton 來自: 220.139.77.10 (11/08 16:02)

11/08 16:38, , 1F
11/08 16:38, 1F

11/08 19:30, , 2F
11/08 19:30, 2F

11/08 20:05, , 3F
像怕麻煩..XD
11/08 20:05, 3F

11/09 03:04, , 4F
打football要長很高嗎..
11/09 03:04, 4F

11/09 08:31, , 5F
5-9還好 160磅實在是..當kicker吧 XD