Robby Responds! American Young Gun Shares Hi …

看板US_Army作者 (鹿草)時間21年前 (2003/08/03 16:32), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
MERCEDES-BENZ CUP LOS ANGELES JULY 30, 2003 Robby Responds! American Young Gun Shares His Thoughts Ginepri discusses goals, music, sleeveless shirts and, of course, the Playboy Mansion visit in replies to e-mails from around the world . http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/news/losangeles_ginepri_q&a.asp One year ago, he was a little-known prospect who was taught a rough lesson by the World No. 1 in Cincinnati. Now, with his first title under his belt (at Newport earlier this month) and a growing legion of fans who admire his game, attitude and athleticism, U.S. young gun Robby Ginepri is riding high. So it was no surprise when we received more than 100 questions from around the world for the 20-year-old from Marietta, Georgia. Ginepri took time out Wednesday at the Mercedes-Benz Cup in Los Angeles to read some of the e-mails and compose the following responses. Unfortunately, since he's preparing for his Thursday second-round showdown with No. 2 seed Sebastien Grosjean, he couldn't get to every message, but he was grateful for all the kind wishes. ********* Congratulations on a great year so far - you have a lot of fans here in Atlanta. 1) What couple of things do you attribute for the great improvement in your game this year, and 2) What type of player presents the most difficult match-up for you? - Dave Marietta, GA I've been working on my serve and conditioning a lot. The players that give me the most difficult time are counterpunchers, ones that get everything back. Hewitt, Agassi, the scrappy guys, like Grosjean will be. ********* Being part of the contingent of the new generation of talented Americans, how far do you see yourself going in the future? Do you think you can surpass the success of Roddick? - Jessica Singapore Hopefully I see myself getting into the Top 10, and surpassing Andy would be nice but it's a little too far ahead to look right now. ********* I was wondering what's in your CD/Mp3 player at the moment? - Olivia Halifax, England A little Eminem and 50 Cent. ********* You haven't played Sebastien Grosjean before. Do you know his game well? And do you think you can beat him? - Nyi Nyi Australia I've seen him play many a time, and I know how he plays. And for the second question, if I ever go into matches thinking I can't win, then I usually don't. ********* Forget tennis! Who was your favourite playmate at the mansion? How are you going to regain your focus for the remaining hard court season? - Michael Sydney, Australia The Playboy Mansion was a lot of fun, and it was before the tournament started so I've had some time to get my focus back. ********* What do you do to prepare for a match against an opponent that you feel is better than yourself? - Dan Redmond, WA I try to focus on only the things I can do, and I just get really psyched up for the match. ********* I saw you play on TV last year vs. Hewitt in Cincinnati. Obviously, it wasn't one of your better performances. But this year you have had much better results, beating Safin, Blake and also winning in Newport. What part of your game has improved the most since last summer? Also, besides yourself of course, who do you think will win the US Open later this summer? - Frank Marlton, NJ The experience I've gained in a year has really helped. I've been working a lot on my conditioning, and progression forward into the court. For the summer, winning the US Open would be awesome, but picking another player right now would be too difficult since the summer swing has just begun. ********* I saw you play in Indy, and I saw a lot of you playing doubles. It looked like you and Diego [Ayala] had a pretty good relationship despite not playing together before. Did you know each other before? Which do you prefer to play (more fun) singles or doubles? Also, my mom and I went every day to watch… and we noticed… was the lady with you your mom as well?? - Becca Indianapolis, IN Diego and I were really good friends, but we've never played before. I think being really good friends kept us both loose on the court. And yeah, my mom was in Indy with me, so that must be who you saw. ********* My question is, I know that many of the Young Americans are all friends, Andy said his best friend is Brian Vahaly, so who is your best friend on the Tour? - Eileen C. Pennsylvania I've got a lot of friends on the Tour - but the one I get along with best is probably Robert Kendrick. ********* After your win in Newport and your hard defeat to Moya at the Miami quarters, which surface suits your game best, hard or grass? Also, what would you rate as your strongest weapon and which is the one you should the most work on in the future ? - Alex Liege, Belgium Hardcourt is my better surface because I grew up on it, but I do like the grass as well. I think my forehand is my strongest weapon along with my quickness around the court. ********* Out of all the players who have worn the sleeveless shirt so far, who do you think wears it the best? (Yes, you are allowed to say yourself!) - Anne Worthing, UK Moya's another good one, and of course James is the original. ********* Do you have any superstitions or good luck charms? - Connor Ann Arbor, Michigan I usually try to eat the same breakfast that I started eating at the beginning of the week, whether it's cereal and toast and fruit, or eggs and hash browns. -- ┌────────────────────────────────╮ │ 我向來很害羞,我以前是個安靜的孩子,我直到去年才開口說話。 │ ╰────────────────────────────────┘ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.70.206.23

推 61.64.84.162 08/03, , 1F
借轉...:pp
推 61.64.84.162 08/03, 1F

推 61.228.122.50 08/04, , 2F
謝謝E大...我本來要貼的..不過一直懶的弄~
推 61.228.122.50 08/04, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #_BCYnbz (US_Army)