[外電] Wiggins 7/29訪談

看板Timberwolves作者 (ymhon)時間7年前 (2016/07/30 22:09), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
來源: http://uproxx.com/dimemag/andrew-wiggins-minnesota-timberwolves-tom-thibodeau/ Andrew Wiggins Wants Spain To Win Gold In Rio, Which Is Totally OK Because He ’s Canadian BY: MARTIN RICKMAN 07.29.16 Andrew Wiggins希望西班牙隊贏得里約奧運金牌,這沒什麼,因為他是加拿大人。 The Minnesota Timberwolves aren’t sneaking up on anyone this season. A popular League Pass team from a year ago, with reigning Rookie Of The Year Karl-Anthony Towns, back-to-back Dunk Contest winner Zach LaVine, lottery pick Kris Dunn, the always-entertaining Ricky Rubio, the veteran guidance of Kevin Garnett, and new coach Tom Thibodeau in toe, the Wolves are hoping to keep their youth movement alive while they continue to grow. A big part of that will be in the development of former first overall pick Andrew Wiggins. 明尼蘇達灰狼隊的鋒芒畢露,身為一支去年的League Pass(付費線上觀看比賽)熱門隊伍, 他們有本屆ROY:Towns,連續兩屆灌籃大賽冠軍LaVine,樂透秀Dunn,永遠極具觀賞性的 Rubio,老將導師KG,以及新聘的總教練Thibodeau,灰狼隊希望他們的年輕人持續成長, 其中一大部分就是在前狀元郎Andrew Wiggins身上。 Wiggins, who was famously traded from Cleveland to Minnesota as part of the Kevin Love deal, is entering his third season after averaging 20.7 points per game a year ago. He’s shooting for that third year bump, while Minnesota shoots for the playoffs under the defensive-oriented Thibodeau. Wiggins在先前騎士隊與灰狼隊的交易中,被拿來當作主要包裹交換Kevin Love,而他在 上季繳出平均20.7分後,要迎來他的第三個球季。他要迎來所謂的新秀第三季爆發期,而 明尼蘇達也要在防守大師Thibs的帶領下,瞄準季後賽。 The Canadian decided to skip his country’s Olympic Qualifier to focus more on his individual development, but he recently found some time to take on some non-pros in a game of HORSE as part of a promotion from Buffalo Wild Wings where all wings were half off on National Chicken Wing Day. The only catch – Wiggins had to play using only half his body. 這位加拿大人決定放棄參加里約奧運,專心加強自己的球技,而他在閒暇之餘,也抽空參 加了HORSE籃球遊戲(譯註:簡單講就是前面的人用各種姿勢投進一球,後面的人得模仿, 沒進就集了一個字母,集滿HORSE字母就輸球。),只是他被對手加入了特別規則:只能用 左半身投球。 DIME got a few minutes to talk with Wiggins about his summer, playing under Thibs, the increasingly-dangerous Timberwolves, the rise of Canadian basketball, and more. DIME雜誌得到了與Wiggins交談幾分鐘的機會,談談他的夏天在幹嘛、在Thibs下打球的看 法、灰狼隊的崛起、加拿大籃球的興盛等等。 DIME: You made the decision to skip Canada’s Olympic Qualifier this summer. Have you found that you’ve been more focused and dialed in because of that? DIME(以下簡稱D):你決定今年夏天跳過加拿大奧運資格賽,你是想更專注於NBA比賽嗎? Andrew Wiggins: I definitely have. That was the main reason. I just wanted to focus myself and focus on getting better and preparing for next season. With a new coach and a lot of new people on the team, I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. Wiggins(以下簡稱W):肯定的,這是主要的原因,我希望能更專注於提升自己、讓自己對 下個賽季的準備更好。下季有了新教練以及許多新隊友,我希望確保所有事都是完美的。 I’ve seen videos of you taking more fadeaways and jumpers for sure. Is that what you’re working on most? D:我看到你的訓練影片,練了很多一般跳投還有後仰跳投,這是你著重最多的部分嗎? I’ve been working hard trying to perfect everything. The main thing I’m working on more than others is getting better outside the three-point line. Also, ball handling and breaking my defender down, getting to the rim in different ways. But really, it’s three-point shooting. Staying balanced, and making sure my shot is consistent for this year. W:我努力訓練所有部分,力求完美,特別注重的部分是三分跳投,此外還有持球、突破 防守者、各種切入方法。但說真的,最多的還是三分跳投。我希望注重平衡,確保我在下 季的跳投能夠保持穩定。 It must have been difficult having to play with half your body the other day. I know it started as a bit of a gag, but is there any way that sort of training catches on and you focus in on your non-dominant half to get better? D:在HORSE的比賽中你只能使用你較不擅長的左半身,我知道這讓你渾身不自在,但你是 否也有特別加強你的左半身訓練? Yeah, that’s the thing. I got a lot of jump shots up and work with my left hand that day. I had no choice but to only use that, and one foot. So if I can hit a one-foot, left-handed shot, I’ll be in good shape. W:是的,我那天只能用左手投籃,也只能用一隻腳,如果我這樣都能進球的話,那代表 我現在是很好的狀態了。 You can’t really turn that competitive switch off, but were you a little bit frustrated that you couldn’t get it going against those guys? D:雖然那只是個遊戲,但你是否對於輸掉HORSE比賽感到失望? I want to win, even if it’s something for fun. I tried to win. But it was just so hard playing like that. W:雖然那只是遊戲,但我想要贏,我很努力想要贏,但只用左手左腳投籃實在太難了。 There’s this general sense – and I’ve seen you even phrase it this way – that this is the year you guys really are dangerous. Why do you feel that way? D:你曾經說過:下季灰狼隊會是非常危險的,為什麼你會這樣認為呢? We’ve done a lot of good things this year. And we beat a lot of good teams – we can beat any team out there on a given day. But we’re getting stronger. We’re getting older. We’re getting more experienced. And we’re building chemistry. We’re just getting better every game. We have a lot of things to accomplish this coming year. We’re all looking forward to it, and our expectations are getting higher. We want more. We’re young, and hungry, and we want to see the playoffs. W:我們在上季做了很多不錯的事,擊敗很多優秀的隊伍,我們有一天會擊敗所有球隊的。 我們正在變壯、變老、變得有經驗,我們也在建立化學效應,每一場比賽我們都再變好, 接下來的一年我們有很多目標要達成,大家都非常期待。我們的目標也定的越來越高,大 家都想要更多,我們年輕、飢渴、而我們想要進季後賽。 What do you think is going to be the biggest advantage to having Coach Thibs running the show? D:你認為Thibs執教後會帶來最大的益處是? He’s going to bring out the best in me. He’s a hard-nosed coach. He’s tough. And that’s what everybody on this team needs. We need our coach to take us out of our comfort zone. W:他會把我最大的潛能激發出來,他是個強硬、嚴厲的教練,而這也是這支球隊的所有人 所需要的,我們需要我們的教練把我們帶離舒適圈。(譯註:舒適圈正夯) We’ve seen this influx of Canada dominating a lot of the headlines, the AAU circuit, and really great players coming from there. Then Toronto gets the All-Star Game too. It has to feel good to not only see that, but to be a part of that, right? D:我們看到了加拿大籃球的持續發展進步,多倫多也在今年舉辦了明星賽,身為加拿大的 一份子你應該感到很高興吧? It means a lot. Kids look up to me there. Everybody that’s in the NBA from Canada now, or that’s overseas, or playing D-I, we’re all opening doors for the younger generation. Obviously Steve Nash, he and Vince Carter did so much for me, making everyone in Canada love basketball. We all wanted to be like them. So it’s great to give back like those people before us. We’re just following and trying to help the process. W:那意義深遠,孩子在那裏視我為偶像,任何在NBA或是海外打球的加拿大人,我們都給 下一代打開了一道門。很明顯的Steve Nash跟Vince Carter對我影響深遠,他們讓所有加 拿大人喜歡籃球。我們都想跟他們一樣,所以跟他們一樣回饋給加拿大是很好的一件事, 我們只是追隨著前人的腳步,嘗試幫助加拿大籃球的進展。 There’s this reputation you have of being such a soft-spoken guy off the court. Do you feel like there’s a a bit of an advantage there? D:球場下你有著和藹可親的聲譽,你喜歡這樣的形象嗎? Yeah, I like that. People know as much about me as I like them to know. W:是的我喜歡,這就是我希望讓人們知道的。 Were you happy that the Cavs won the title? D:騎士拿到冠軍你高興嗎? I’m a fan of basketball, so at the end of the day I just wanted to see a good game. They both put up a great Finals, and honestly I didn’t care who won. But yeah, I’m happy for them. They drafted me, and I know there’s a lot of fans in Cleveland who supported me, and still do. We just want to get there now in Minnesota. W:我是籃球迷,所以我只是希望能夠看到一場好比賽,他們都打出了一個漂亮的總決賽, 而老實說我不在乎誰贏球。但騎士贏球我也為他們開心,他們選了我,而我知道有許多克 里夫蘭人現在仍支持我。我現在只希望明尼蘇達也能拿到冠軍杯。 I know you’ll be paying attention to the Olympics. Who do you think is going to win the gold? D:我知道你會關注奧運,那麼你認為誰會拿下金牌呢? I want to see Spain get it just because I have a teammate on there. It’d be awesome to see Spain win it. W:我希望看到西班牙拿金牌,因為我有個隊友在那兒。如果西班牙贏那會是非常棒的。 How do you manage the balance of making sure you get enough rest and keep your mind clear, but still keep yourself in the shape you want to be in to take that next step heading into the season? D:你如何在休息與訓練中保持平衡? You have to be focused. You have to have a plan, and a schedule. I have great people around me, who make sure I get the best out of every situation. I’m working, but I get rest when I have to. If I need to take a day off, I do. If I have a really good workout the next day, it’s okay. W:你需要保持專注,你需要有一個計劃跟行程表。我周遭有著一群很好的工作夥伴,確保 我在每個情況下都選擇了最佳的方案。我在訓練,但我在需要的時候我就會休息。如果我 需要放假,我就會放假,只要我在隔天有一個良好的訓練表現。 Just how good can Karl-Anthony Towns be? It seems like that dude has limitless potential. D:你覺得Towns可以成長到多好?看起來那傢伙有著無限的潛力。 He definitely does. He’s a great player. And he makes everybody better just playing with him and around him. I’m so excited to see how good he can be and to see what he can do. W:是的沒錯,他是一個很棒的球員,而且他讓隊友都變得更好,我很期待他未來能變得多 好以及他可以做到什麼地步。 Seeing your teammate Zach LaVine win the Dunk Contest again, does it ever make you want to get out there too? D:你看到LaVine連拿了兩次灌籃大賽冠軍,會激起你想參賽的慾望嗎? Nah. I’ll leave that to him. W:不,我會把這個部分留給他。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 114.36.210.3 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Timberwolves/M.1469887751.A.EBD.html

07/30 22:39, , 1F
如果AW參加灌籃大賽應該會很有話題性
07/30 22:39, 1F

07/30 23:54, , 2F
我還以為她專注在打使命召喚
07/30 23:54, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1NdBK7wz (Timberwolves)