[外電] 灰狼隊新帥盼望帶領狼群重返榮耀

看板Timberwolves作者 (ymhon)時間8年前 (2016/04/26 19:42), 8年前編輯推噓23(2304)
留言27則, 16人參與, 最新討論串1/1
來源:http://goo.gl/PXXhd2 Charley Walters: New Wolves coach Tom Thibodeau wants to bring back good years Charley Walters: 灰狼隊新帥Tom Thibodeau盼望帶領狼群重返榮耀 By CHARLEY WALTERS April 23, 2016 | UPDATED: 2 days ago In the 1990-91 season, with 33-year-old Tom Thibodeau as an assistant to coach Bill Musselman, the Minnesota Timberwolves finished with a 29-53 record. 在1990-91球季,時齡33歲的Tom Thibodeau是灰狼隊教頭Bill Musselman的助理教練,當 年球隊最終取得了29勝53負的戰績。 This season, 25 years later, the Wolves finished 29-53. 25年過後,這個球季,灰狼隊再度以29勝53負告終。 “How ’bout that — some irony,” Thibodeau told the Pioneer Press from his home in Chicago. 「你覺得如何呢?這看起來有點諷刺啊。」Thibodeau在芝加哥的家中向聖保羅先鋒報這麼 說道。 On Tuesday afternoon at Target Center, Thibodeau, now 58, will be introduced as the new coach of the Timberwolves. 周二下午在Target Center,灰狼隊將招開新聞發布會,介紹這位現年58歲的新任教頭。 “That’s the challenge of this league,” Thibodeau said. 「那就是身處在這個聯盟所面臨的挑戰。」Thibodeau說。 “It’s a very hard league. You have to build and you need some good fortune. But there were some good years in (Minnesota), too, in between. Hopefully, we can get back to that. Hopefully, we want to be hard-playing, unselfish and we want to be smart. I know the fans will buy into that.” 「這是一個競爭力強大的聯盟。你必須要建構好隊伍,同時也需要一點運氣。但是在這25 年期間,灰狼隊也是有幾年欣欣向榮。而我盼望我們能重返榮耀,我盼望我們能努力的打 球、無私的打球,更要聰明的打球。我知道我們的球迷會為此買帳的。」 Under Musselman, with Thibodeau, the Wolves played their inaugural season (1989-90) in the Metrodome and set an NBA attendance record with 1.07 million fans, including a turnout of 49,551 in their final home game of the season against the Denver Nuggets. 由Musselman帶領、Thibodeau作為助教,灰狼隊於1989-90年在Metrodome體育館開展了他 們的第一個球季,並創下了NBA年度觀眾紀錄:107萬人次到場觀賞,這包含主場閉幕戰對 陣丹佛金塊時的49,551名觀眾。 “What I remember about my first year at the Metrodome, I believe our last three games (attendance) was like 45,000, 47,000 and 49,000,” Thibodeau said. “So there are great fans there, and we’ve got to give them something to cheer about. And that’s what we’re going to try to do.” 「在我的記憶裡,第一年在Metrodome體育館的最後三場比賽,湧入了45,000、47,000、 49,000名觀眾,」Thibodeau說道。「所以灰狼隊在當地有相當多的粉絲,而我們必須要讓 他們有可以感到振奮的地方,這就是我們將要嘗試努力去做的。」 Surprisingly, the Chicago Bulls fired Thibodeau nearly a year ago after he compiled a 255-139 record with five straight playoff appearances. He was named the NBA’s coach of the year for the 2010-11 season. 令人驚訝的是,公牛隊在一年前、在Thibodeau帶隊連續五年闖入季後賽並取得255勝139 敗的戰績後,仍然將他炒了魷魚。他在2010-11球季,被票選為NBA年度最佳教練。 Now he’ll coach the Timberwolves. Expectations? 現在他即將要執教灰狼隊,我們有什麼可以期待的呢? “It doesn’t matter really where you are, whether you’re a team that’s just starting out or you’re in the middle or you’re at the top, you want to strive for daily improvement,” Thibodeau said. “I don’t want anyone wrapped up in the past and I don’t want anyone wrapped up in ‘down the road. ’ I just want everyone concentrating on knowing what you’re job is, doing your job every day, putting everything you have into it. 「不論你身處在上游、中游、下游球隊,你總是希望每天都能更進步些,」Thibodeau說。 「我不希望任何人顧著緬懷過去、展望未來,我希望的是每個人專心於你現在的工作,每 天做好你的工作,竭盡所能的完成它。」 “If we’re doing the right things each and every day, the results are going to take care of themselves.” 「如果我們每天都做著正確的事情,那麼結果自然會為你說話。」 Thibodeau, who puts everything he has into his job, undoubtedly could have coached somewhere after the Bulls fired him a year ago, owing him $9 million over this year and next year. But he sat this season out, surprising to some for a coach as driven as Thibodeau. Thibodeau奉獻他的全部給了他的工作,沒人會懷疑他在一年前剛被公牛隊開除後(公牛隊 還欠他今年和明年共900萬美金),馬上就會有新工作上門。但他決定這個賽季不接總教練 ,這讓很多人對這個積極的教頭感到驚訝。 “You know what, last year was a great year for me,” he said. “Everyone said, ‘You’re going to go crazy.’ I actually enjoyed it a lot because it allowed me to take a step back. It was a much broader view of everything. You don’t have a team, and you’re not worried about what you’re doing with your team, who your next game is, who the game is after that. 「你知道嗎?去年對我而言真是美好的一年,」他說。「每個人都說『你會被逼瘋的。』 然而我真的很享受這段時光,他讓我有機會停下腳步好好思考,觀察任何事情都顯得更加 遼闊。你不再執教,你不再需要擔心你對你的球隊做了什麼,下一場比賽是對誰,下下一場 比賽又是對誰...」 “It was a much broader perspective for me — it gave me a chance to not only reflect, but to recharge and learn. I had an opportunity to visit with a number of different teams, and it was great.” 「這對我來說可以有更寬廣的視野,它給了我一個機會反省、充電和學習。我有了一個機 會可以去拜訪數支不同的球隊,那真的很棒。」 Thibodeau used his sabbatical to prepare for his inevitable next coaching opportunity.“I thought about the criteria I would be looking for in the next job,” he said. So he traveled the NBA to become better educated about his craft, studying assorted teams to learn how they operated. Thibodeau利用了這段休假期間去準備他必然會有的下個執教機會。「我在思考我要尋找的 下個工作的標準。」他說。所以他到了NBA各隊,學習讓自己的執教能力更好,觀察各式各 樣的球隊是如何運作的。 “I wanted to see how things worked within an organization with all aspects, from top to bottom,” he said. 「我想要了解一個組織從上而下各個方面是如何運作的。」他說。 He chose model franchises to study. 他選擇了模範球隊來學習。 “You look at San Antonio with Pop (coach Gregg Popovich) and (general manager) R.C. (Buford), Golden State with (coach) Steve Kerr and (GM) Bob Myers, Boston with (coach) Brad (Stevens) and (president) Danny Ainge — you’ re looking at those things and you’re trying to figure out, ‘what are the most important things in the next opportunity?’ ” Then he determined his criteria for his next job. 「我觀察了馬刺的Pop和Buford、勇士的Kerr和Myers、塞爾蒂克的Stevens和Ainge,然後 我問我自己『當下一個機會到來時,最重要的事情是什麼?』」 然後他訂下了下個工作的標準。 “I didn’t know how it would go, but I wanted to have an open mind, and basically it came down to the strength of the roster, what’s the makeup, is there an opportunity to win big — not necessarily right off the bat, but to eventually get there — and then, secondly, who am I working with and who am I working for, and thirdly, was there the commitment to winning.” 「我不知道事情會怎麼發展,但我希望保持一個開放的心態,而最基本的是陣容的強度、 組成,是否有機會可以贏下大量的比賽?不需要馬上達成,但最終有機會達到。其次,與 我共事的同仁是誰?老闆是誰?最後,球隊是否有要贏球的決心?」 The Timberwolves? Late president Flip Saunders was interested in Thibodeau coaching his team after Thibodeau was let go by Chicago. 灰狼隊已逝世的總裁Flip Saunders在Thibodeau被公牛隊解雇後就對他來執教灰狼隊表達 了興趣。 “I had talked to Flip when he was laying out his plan of how he wanted to move this team forward, and that’s really come to fruition,” Thibodeau said. “He wanted to get some young, budding stars and create (salary) cap space while going forward. I knew that part was appealing. 「我曾跟Flip談過,當時他展示了他對球隊的未來規劃,而那確實都在後來兌現了。」 Thibodeau說。「他想要得到幾個年輕、有潛力的明星,在球隊前進的同時也清理出薪資 空間。我知道那都是很吸引人的。」 “(Andrew) Wiggins, obviously, his rookie year was terrific. Then what Karl-Anthony Towns did (this season). I thought Zach (LaVine) really improved. Ricky (Rubio) looked like he was healthy. Gorgui (Dieng) was terrific. Shabazz (Muhammad) really came on as the season went along. 「Wiggins的菜鳥球季顯然表現的相當傑出,而接著Karl-Anthony Towns也一鳴驚人。我認 為LaVine真的進步很多。Rubio看起來很健康。Dieng也很傑出。Shabazz隨著賽季進行, 也跳了出來。」 “So there were a lot of really good pieces. And the way everything is set up — cap space is important, having another high (draft) pick this year, there’ s great flexibility to move forward.” Still, Thibodeau said, it will be challenging. 「所以他們有相當多很好的資產。而球隊運行的根本:薪資空間,也相當重要,今年還有 一個高順位選秀權,這都讓接下來的運作有相當大的彈性。」 然而,Thibodeau說,這仍然是極具挑戰性的。 “Because we’re going to have to improve significantly on the defensive end, and rebounding, and offensively we’ve got to get our turnovers down,” Thibodeau said. “The challenge is for guys to be as strong on both sides of the ball.” 「因為我們必須在防守端還有籃板球上取得大幅度的改善,在進攻端我們必須壓低我們的 失誤次數。」Thibodeau說。「挑戰的地方在於讓球員們能在攻防兩端都表現的很強硬。」 Saunders’ son, Ryan, was a bright, young Wolves assistant this season. It’s unclear whether he’ll be asked to join Thibodeau’s staff. Saunders的兒子Ryan是一位有著光明未來的年輕灰狼助理教練,目前還不確定他是否會加 入Thibodeau的執教團隊。 “I have some (assistants) who were with me before (in Chicago), so I have to see who’s available, and I’d rather keep it open right now,” Thibodeau said. “But I certainly have a lot of respect for (Ryan) — he’s built a great reputation in the league.” 「我有一些在公牛隊時跟著我的助教群,所以我需要看一下誰是可以過來的,而我希望現 在保持職缺開放。」Thibodeau說。「但我當然很尊重Ryan,他在聯盟有著很好的名聲。」 Among Thibodeau’s Bulls assistants were ex-Wolves assistant Ed Pinckney, Andy Greer, Ron Adams, Adrian Griffin and Mike Wilhelm. Thibodeau在公牛的助教群包含:前灰狼助教Ed Pinckney、Andy Greer、Ron Adams、 Adrian Griffin和 Mike Wilhelm。 #補充一下Thibs的幾個公牛助教群現況:(我有貼在前面文章的推文中) Ron Adams:在勇士,Thibs很器重他,RealGM討論是說有很大機會過來 Adrian Griffin:在魔術 Andy Greer:在暴龍 Ed Pinckney:在金塊,RealGM討論是說有機會過來 Mike Wilhelm:留在公牛 Rick Brunson:13-14在山貓,現況不清楚 Thibodeau still lives in Chicago and for a few weeks will commute from there, then move to Minneapolis permanently. He’ll be an assistant for Mike Krzyzewski and Team USA men’s basketball in the Olympics in August in Rio de Janeiro. Other Olympics assistants are Jim Boeheim and Monty Williams. Thibodeau現在仍然居住在Chicago,會從Chicago到Minnesota通勤數周,接著搬到 Minneapolis。他會在八月的巴西里約奧運擔任美國男籃隊主帥Mike Krzyzewski的助理教 練。其餘的奧運助理教練分別是Jim Boeheim和Monty Williams。 The Korn Ferry search firm that Wolves owner Glen Taylor hired to recommend a coach provided Taylor with 25 resumes that included former NBA head coaches, NBA assistants and college coaches. Thibodeau ended up on top of the pile even before Taylor interviewed him. Also, Taylor and Flip Saunders had extensively discussed Thibodeau after he was fired by Chicago, so Taylor had that background to consider. 灰狼老闆Glen Taylor雇用了Korn Ferry獵頭公司來推薦教練,後者提供了Taylor一份25 人的履歷表名單,包含了前NBA主帥、NBA助教和大學教練。Thibodeau在Taylor面試他之 前就在這份名單上排行第一了。此外,Taylor和Flip在Thibodeau被公牛開除後,曾經廣 泛的討論他,這也是Taylor可以做為參考的背景資料。 Thibodeau also will be president of basketball operations for the Wolves, and Taylor told Thibodeau during his interview that he was concerned about the dual roles, that he was being hired to coach and that Taylor wanted him to concentrate on coaching. Thibodeau也會成為灰狼隊的籃球事務總裁,而Taylor在與Thibodeau的面談中對於他同時 兼任兩職表達了擔憂,因為Taylor是雇用他來執教球隊,希望他能專心在執教上。 So Taylor also hired Scott Layden from the San Antonio Spurs as the Wolves’ GM. Taylor had asked Thibodeau to provide a list of GM candidates, and Layden, whom Thibodeau trusts implicitly, was on top of that list. Taylor subsequently was impressed with Layden after flying to San Antonio to interview him. 所以Taylor也雇用了馬刺隊的助理經理Scott Layden作為灰狼隊的總經理。Taylor事先詢 問Thibodeau提供一份總經理人選名單,而Thibodeau相當信任的Layden,排在這份名單的 首位。Taylor隨後在飛去San Antonio面試完Layden後,對他留下了深刻的印象。 Taylor had Thibodeau and Layden discuss their potential partnership with each other before committing to Taylor, who then hired both the same day on five-year contracts. 在簽約前,Taylor讓Thibodeau和Layden討論他們的合作關係細節,接著在同一天與兩者 各簽下了五年的合約。 Thibodeau’s deal is for a reported $8 million annually, Layden’s for $2 million a year. Both asked for five-year deals. Thibodeau的年薪為800萬美金,Layden的年薪為200萬美金,兩者都要求五年合約。 “I can afford it — I want to win,” said Taylor, who is a double billionaire and last week turned 75 years old. 「這點錢我還出得起,我想要贏球。」Taylor說。上週他剛度過75歲生日,而他的資產超過 20億美金。 Layden will have traditional GM responsibilities, but Thibodeau will have control of his roster and the final word on players. Layden會履行一般總經理的職責,但是Thibodeau具有掌控陣容的權力也有交易的最終話 語權。 Both Thibodeau and Layden asked Taylor if there were certain expectations with the jobs, for instance a specific number of victories. Taylor told them he expected to see constant improvement. Thibodeau和Layden詢問Taylor對於他們的工作是否有特定的期待,像是要贏多少場球? Taylor跟他們說希望球隊持續不斷的進步。 I didn’t have to remind Taylor that his Wolves finished 29-53 this season, but did mention that the Wolves, under other ownership 25 years ago, had finished the same 29-53 with coach Musselman and Thibodeau as an assistant. 我不需要提醒Taylor他的灰狼隊本季只拿下29勝53敗,但我向他提到了,25年前,灰狼隊 在別的老闆底下,也是以29勝53敗收尾,那時的教練是Musselman,而Thibodeau是助理教 練。 “Now (Thibodeau) has to build upon his old record,” Taylor said with a laugh. 「那麼他現在就要從他的舊紀錄開始前進了。」Taylor笑著說。 Taylor, by the way, the other day added two more team investors, bringing his total to 10. Interestingly, one is from China, 34-year-old John Jiang, who operates a sports marketing company there. Jiang approached Taylor through some U.S. contacts, and after visiting with Taylor, purchased 5 percent of the Wolves. 順帶一提,Taylor在其他日子新增了兩位投資人,讓投資人總數增加到10位。有趣的是, 一位是來自中國,34歲的John Jiang,他在Minnesota當地運營一間運動行銷公司。Jiang 透過一些美國人脈接觸到了Taylor,而當拜訪完Taylor後,他購買了灰狼隊5%的股份。 Jiang is believed to be the first investor in a NBA team from China, which has made connections with the NBA in recent years. Jiang是第一位來自中國的NBA球隊投資者,中國近年來跟NBA有不少的連結。 The other new limited partner is Meyer Orbach, a New York real estate investor who is in his 40s. Orbach bought 9.5 percent of the Wolves. 另一位新的投資人是Meyer Orbach,一位紐約的房地產投資人,現年40多歲。Orbach買下 了灰狼隊9.5%的股份。 Orbach’s and Jiang’s interest in the Wolves isn’t as much about basketball as it is about business. Neither has an option to eventually succeed Taylor as majority owner, and Taylor is resolute about continuing as majority owner and for the Wolves to remain in Minnesota. Orbach和Jiang對灰狼隊的興趣並不是來自於籃球,而是來自於商業。兩者都不會接替 Taylor成為下任老闆,Taylor會繼續作為灰狼隊主要持有人並讓灰狼繼續留在Minnesota。 Taylor recently called Flip Saunders’ widow, Debbie, and asked her if she wanted to retain Flip’s limited partnership with the Wolves. She told him she did, and will. Taylor最近聯繫了Flip Saunders的遺孀Debbie,詢問她是否要保留Flip在灰狼隊的有限合 夥人身分,而她表示她不論現在和未來都會繼續保留。 Kevin Garnett, who turns 40 next month and is signed for a guaranteed $8 million next season, still hasn’t told Taylor whether he intends to play again. Garnett, who played in just 38 games and averaged 3.2 points for $8 million this season, told Taylor he would like to return because he expects the Wolves will make the playoffs, but doesn’t know how his tender knees will hold up. Kevin Garnett下個月將滿40歲,下季還有一份800萬美金的合約,他還沒有告訴Taylor下 季會不會回歸。Garnett本季只打了38場球賽,平均3.2分,年薪800萬美金。他告訴 Taylor他希望能回歸,因為他期待灰狼能重返季後賽,但是不確定他的膝蓋是否撐得住。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 1.164.132.184 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Timberwolves/M.1461670921.A.8E5.html

04/26 20:17, , 1F
不知道進季後賽誰可以跟KG說妳的退休又要延期了
04/26 20:17, 1F

04/26 20:21, , 2F
29-53這梗不錯!
04/26 20:21, 2F

04/26 20:25, , 3F
從你的舊紀錄開始出發,明年53-29就可以了
04/26 20:25, 3F

04/26 20:31, , 4F
感謝翻譯
04/26 20:31, 4F