[外電] 兩則Towns的新聞分享

看板Timberwolves作者 (ymhon)時間9年前 (2015/05/21 21:11), 9年前編輯推噓4(402)
留言6則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
節錄外電1:http://goo.gl/o1EmII Towns有一個減壓的方法,就是他幻想他的左肩上有一個虛擬的朋友叫「Karlito」 "He's such a great kid, he doesn't want to talk back to you, so he turns his head to the side and talks to that little man on his shoulder," Calipari said. "And after he started doing it, I said, 'Who are you talking to?' And I can't remember which of the coaches gave it the nickname: 'He's talking to Karlito.' " Calipari教練說:「當他被我罵時,他不想頂嘴(Calipari很嚴厲),他就去跟Karlito講話, 讓自己放鬆。」 "Just some moments? It's a lot," Towns said, laughing. "He's just trying to help me. I know he loves me. He just wants the best for me. He's looking for a lot out of me. That's all it is. It's not about being mean or anything. It's about knowing he loves me so much he wants to make sure I'm doing the best I can possibly do on the court." Towns說:「我知道教練是在幫我、愛我、也對我期望很高,我並不覺得是教練脾氣暴躁。 他只是希望能確保我能發揮一切潛力。」 "I think the biggest thing is, I've always grown up on the phrase 'If the coach is chewing you out the most, that means he has a lot of respect for you and he sees a lot in you,' " Towns said. "You should be worried when he's not yelling at you. I've always taken it as he's seeing something in me that maybe I don't see. Maybe he sees a lot in me." Towns說:「我從小就謹記著「愛之深,責之切」的道理,因此教練沒罵你你反而要擔心了。」 "It is true, because he's such a great kid," said Turco, the head coach at St. Joseph's in Metuchen, N.J. "He'd never in a million years talk back to you, but he would turn and he would mumble to himself. I guess that's sort of where Karlito came from, someone sitting on his shoulder." Towns的高中教練Turco說:「確實Towns有個虛擬朋友Karlito, Towns是個乖小孩,永遠不會跟教練頂嘴, 被罵時他會轉向肩膀自言自語,那時大概就是在跟Karlito講話了。」 "He does harp on that one mistake that he did make," Turco said. "He's striving for perfection night in and night out. ... Even in summer workouts, he'd be one of those guys who's got to make 100 jump shots in a row. He'd get up to 90, 95, miss and start over. Not a lot of kids have that same drive. He sets a goal, and he's not willing to come up short. "He's probably the hardest critic — himself." Towns的高中教練Turco說:「Towns自我要求完美,對於犯過的錯誤都很在意, 在夏天訓練時,他會要求自己連續投進100球跳投, 如果投到90、95球後miss,就一切重新來過。」 「他嚴以律己。」 外電2: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/karl-anthony-towns-pens-an-open-letter-to-the-bbn/ 這是Towns寫給肯塔基大學以及粉絲的一封信,手寫了三面加上簽名一面,非常有誠意。 信件內容如下:(非常簡略的翻一下) To the true Wildcats, Since the first time I played at Rupp, I sensed the amount of love you had for us and from my heart I want to say I love you too. This has been the greatest time of my life, and it’s thanks to you, the true Wildcats, for making my team of brothers and my time so special. The passion, excitement, and support you gave us is impossible to describe and will never be matched by ANY other fan base, professional or collegiate. The reason why Kentucky basketball program has been so successful for so long is because of your support and love for us: the players and coaching staff. No talent can match the fans that we have and it is because of this that the talent comes to this University. Nowhere else in the world will they get the love and support that you give us each and every game. This love is seen in all the away games that in fact felt like home games. We knew that no matter where we were, Big Blue Nation, would be there for us. 感謝野貓隊 (肯塔基的籃球隊) To my Coaching Staff, Thank you for developing me as a player this season but most importantly for making me a better human being. Thank you for treating me with respect of a man. You’ve made another boy, a man and it’s thanks to your guidance. 感謝教練團 To the University of Kentucky, Thank you for giving me the best coaching staff in the country, but more importantly the best academic staff in the country. The education you have given me is some of the best the world has to offer. I cannot wait to come back and earn my degree. Furthermore, I am forever grateful the opportunity to play basketball and become part of the history of this university and can’t wait to see the day that the next generation of Wildcats brings to Lexington the trophy I failed to capture. Now that I have that off my chest…. 感謝肯塔基大學(有提到要再回來拿到學位) To the one and only BBN, I want to first off say Thank You! Just thank you! This moment in my life is a dream come true; but also a sad farewell. I wanted the last time I wore a Kentucky Wildcat jersey to be in glory lifting the 9th championship trophy but we came up short and I personally want to say I am sorry for not bringing you, the greatest fans on this planet, what should be rightfully yours. I want to thank you for being with me and supporting me through all the success that went into being 38-0 and also in the pain of being 38-1. This was a hard decision for me because I love this place so much, and I know due to popular belief it was supposed to be an easy decision. However, I want you to know that it was one of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make in my life. P.S. Karlito says Hi! : ) 感謝球隊粉絲團(Big Blue Nation),對於沒能拿下隊史第九冠感到抱歉,也對於要離隊參加選秀感到抱歉。 虛擬朋友Karlito來打招呼了。 In conclusion, my main goal at Kentucky was not only to win a championship, but also to touch as many lives as I could. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank you all for allowing me to be part of your lives and for allowing me to do the charity work I was able to do this season. Most importantly, I want to thank you for accepting this outsider into your family. I want you to know that no matter where I go, you will be part of my journey and forever have a huge chunk of my heart. With love to all of BBN, -KT 我來到肯塔基的目標,除了奪冠,也希望充實生活, 打從心底感謝大家讓我融入你們,讓我能參與慈善事業,讓我這個外地人進入你們這個大家庭。 我要你們知道,不論我身在何方,你們都會永遠在我心中佔有一席之地。 愛你們呦,糾咪。 Towns 敬上 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 1.169.56.232 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Timberwolves/M.1432213909.A.08F.html

05/21 21:13, , 1F
我推斷她是蘿莉...
05/21 21:13, 1F

05/21 21:15, , 2F
毛毛的....
05/21 21:15, 2F

05/21 21:17, , 3F
Karlito模擬圖: https://goo.gl/Ce0XA7
05/21 21:17, 3F

05/21 21:20, , 4F
他個性實在有點太好,讓人覺得不選他當狀元怎麼行!
05/21 21:20, 4F