[外電] Lou a Renaissance man off the bench

看板Timberwolves作者 (Don't panic)時間11年前 (2012/10/17 00:03), 編輯推噓4(401)
留言5則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://goo.gl/laIYJ Timberwolves newcomer Lou Amundson doesn't look like a hard-nosed power forward or center in the NBA. Maybe it's the ponytail hairdo he wears on court. He doesn't fit the part of NBA tough guy, either. Amundson spends his spare time drawing and working on oil paintings, or playing his acoustic guitar to the mellow sounds of songs by Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and Otis Redding. On the court, however, there are few artistic elements to Amundson's game. "He's rugged," Wolves forward Kevin Love said Monday, Oct. 15, of the 6-foot-9, six-year veteran. "He's a scrappy player who just wants to get the job done and win." 也許是那一頭馬尾造型,讓 Amundson 很難和硬派禁區做連結。閒暇時沉浸在油畫 世界中,或是拿著一把木吉他自彈自唱。但在球場上,實在感受不到 Amundson 的 文藝氣息。Love 認為 Amundson 打法硬朗,鬥志高昂。 Amundson, 29, is showing this preseason that he can provide the kind of spark off the bench the Wolves lacked last season on their front line. As a career 4.0-point scorer, Amundson has survived in the NBA as a role player who brings energy into a game with rebounding, defense and tenacity. Amundson doesn't score much, but when he does, it can be memorable. In the fourth quarter of Saturday's exhibition win over Chicago at Target Center, he blocked a shot by Bulls forward Taj Gibson, then sprinted downcourt for a put-back slam dunk. The sequence prompted Wolves players on the bench to leap from their seats and cheer Amundson's hustle. "I don't see being a role player as a negative thing," Amundson said after Monday's practice. "There's maybe a handful of stars in the league, and everybody else is a role player. I see myself as a basketball player, first and foremost, somebody who cares about winning and wants to be competitive." Amundson 跟聯盟大部分球員相同,都是隊上的角色球員,他不覺得有任何不妥。 也認為自己是一名求勝心高,喜好競爭的籃球員。 Those intangibles were lacking from last season's reserves, and the Wolves fell apart when injuries sidelined Love, Ricky Rubio, Luke Ridnour and J.J. Barea, losing 21 of their final 26 games. Amundson, signed as a free agent in September, is expected to be a key player on the Wolves' revamped bench. Coach Rick Adelman is so impressed with Amundson's versatility that he is considering using him as a backup at power forward and center. Amundson's presence at center could be particularly vital, with the Wolves trying to find someone to fill in for Nikola Pekovic, whose physical play occasionally gets him into foul trouble. "Every possession, he brings it," Adelman said of Amundson. "Every place he's been, he's been an effective player. He's a very valuable guy to have on your team." 替補四、五號位置,逐漸贏得總教練信任,Adelman 認為他是位有效率的球員。 The Wolves are Amundson's sixth NBA team after stops in Indiana, Golden State, Phoenix, Philadelphia and Utah. Hard work and toughness had to become his trademarks when he went undrafted in 2006 after completing his college career at Nevada-Las Vegas. Amundson played in the NBA Development League in 2006-07, then went through four 10-day contracts in the NBA, and he started thinking it might be time to put his degrees in English and philosophy to better use. Then he landed a full-time spot on the Suns' roster in 2008-09, and he's bounced around the NBA ever since. Amundson 過去在選秀會也是乏人問津,職業之路開頭並不順利,曾有轉換跑道 的念頭,不過最後仍苦盡甘來,爭取到保障合約。 Amundson started taking guitar lessons four years ago as a hobby to get away from the pressures of the game. He said he's still in the "early stages of my skill level," but he admitted the day might come, after basketball, when he would consider playing with a band. And he's got a new music buddy in Love. On one team flight this month, Amundson pulled out his I-pad tablet and showed Love how he produces beats for songs. "We're not going to start a boy band anytime soon, but we talked a lot of music in Mankato and Fargo," said Love, whose uncle, Mike Love, is the lead singer of the Beach Boys. "I do want to learn the piano. I figure the music gene is in me somewhere." 四年前開始學習吉他當作舒壓管道,未來也許籃球生涯告一段落,Amundson 會考 慮玩樂團。現階段,Love 是他在球隊內聊音樂對象,兩位文藝青年的對談,勢必 激盪出什麼火花。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 1.169.164.4 ※ 編輯: jinshenn 來自: 1.169.164.4 (10/17 00:04)

10/17 00:20, , 1F
很愛阿猛嬸 不論場內外 他是個默默但很有存在感的人
10/17 00:20, 1F

10/17 02:37, , 2F
他是一個好藍領
10/17 02:37, 2F

10/17 07:53, , 3F
我們需要這種有活動力和高度的好藍領來強化禁區 好阿猛嬸!
10/17 07:53, 3F

10/17 16:10, , 4F
我在溜馬板寫過介紹他的文章,有興趣的可以看看:)
10/17 16:10, 4F