[外電] Roy Excited to Resume Career in Minny

看板Timberwolves作者 (Don't panic)時間12年前 (2012/08/08 00:05), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://0rz.tw/MydeY (應該有部分內容和jerod po的雷同) After retiring last December and sitting out the 2011-12 season, former All-Star shooting guard Brandon Roy is back. The 28-year-old will play for the Minnesota Timberwolves next season after inking a two-year deal with the team earlier this month, and he can’t wait to continue his NBA career. 潛沉了一個球季後,Brandon Roy 準備重返球場。現年28歲的他在月初與灰狼簽下 兩年合約,他已經等不及要延續職業生涯。 “I’m excited to be back in the NBA and be a part of this organization,” Roy said during his introductory press conference on Tuesday. “It was a tough season to sit out but after thinking about it, I wanted to start preparing myself to make a comeback. I didn’t want it to be an overnight decision so I decided to start working out for about two months before I would make my official decision to come back. After two months of pushing myself, my body felt really great. It responded really well.” 「能重返NBA並且成為這個團體的一員,讓我感到很興奮。」Roy 在加盟記者會上說 道。「沒球打的日子很難熬,但在反覆思考後,我開始為重返球場做準備。我不想做 出倉促決定,所以在做出正式決定前兩個月,我開始自主訓練。兩個月下來,我的身 體給我的回應確實很良好。」 Roy met with a number of teams in Seattle, and ultimately narrowed down his list to the Timberwolves and the Golden State Warriors. After much deliberation, he decided to sign with Minnesota. Roy 在西雅圖與數支球對會面,深思熟慮後,決定與灰狼簽約。 “I wanted to be a part of a team that was good and that I could step in and help them take that next step,” Roy said. “It’s not a situation where I want to be a tenth man. I want to be able to go out and work and be a big part of the team taking the next step. I thought the pieces are right here. The pieces are there, you can tell they want to go forward with this team, continue to improve it and I would love to be a part of that improvement. 「我想加入一支不僅好,而且我能盡情發揮的球隊,協助他們更上層樓。」Roy 說。 「我不滿足於接受板凳的角色,我想要成為球隊重要一員。你能感受到這支球隊往前 進的動力,我很樂意貢獻出一臂之力。」 “It was a weird process. I never really said ‘I’m coming back.’ It was, ‘I ’m thinking about coming back’ just to kind of put feelers out there to see what teams were really excited and believed in me. Minnesota was that team, along with some other ones. They continued to call and watch me workout. When they said, ‘Hey Brandon, the sky’s the limit here,’ that really made me feel good. I thought some teams maybe wanted me to play a small role, but Minnesota said you can come in and earn as big of a role as you want. That was really important for me.” 「這是個很奇特的過程。我從沒確實表達出『我將返回賽場』,而是『我正考慮重返 賽場』來測試各方意見。有幾支球隊對我展現出信任,灰狼就在其中。他們持續與我 聯繫,並且對我進行測試。有些球隊願意提供有限的角色,但只有灰狼對我表示,我 能夠毫無保留去爭取我想要的位置,這對我來說很重要。」 Nobody is sure what to expect from Roy after his year-long hiatus. However, he has high expectations for himself entering the season and he believes he can still play at a high level. 在休息一年之後,沒人能確定 Roy 可以帶來什麼。然而,他給自己一個高度期望, 且有信心能繼續在高強度環境下奮鬥。 “That’s the goal,” Roy said when asked if he can still be a great player. “ That’s the only reason I’m coming back. I told David (Kahn) when we met I wouldn’t be coming back if I didn’t think I couldn’t reach a high level of basketball. You say great, I say high level. I want to play at a high level. Right now, my body is giving me all signs that I can do that.” 「那會是個目標。」Roy 說道。「當我和 David (Kahn) 見面時,我曾表示假如我無 法將自己調整到一定程度,我不會選擇重返球場。我想找回最好的狀態,此刻,我的 身體給我正面回應。」 Roy doesn’t believe his minutes need to be limited either. He hopes to start and play most of each game. Roy 也有信心出賽時間不必受限,他希望先發且有大量上場時間。 “I would still love to be around that 35-minute mark,” Roy said. “It’s whatever the team needs. I don’t want those situations where coach has to say, ‘We’re in a tough game, but you’re at your minute limit.’ That was something I had to deal with in my last season in Portland. That was really hard. Physically, I feel good. I want to play as much as possible, but at the same time be smart because it’s a long season and we want to be at our best down the stretch.” 「我仍然樂意有35分鐘左右。」Roy 說。「只要球隊需要的話。我不希望聽到教練告 訴我『球隊目前陷入苦戰,但我仍需要控制好你的出賽時間。』。當然,同時我也了 解球季是漫長的,看得長遠才是明智。」 After acquiring Roy as well as forwards Andrei Kirilenko, Chase Budinger and several other veterans, it’s clear that the Timberwolves are determined to make a playoff push this season. Roy wouldn’t guarantee that Minnesota would make the playoffs, but he was optimistic about the team’s chances. 灰狼這個夏天不斷招兵買馬,期望新球季能衝擊季後賽。雖然 Roy 還不敢保證球隊 能進季後賽,但是他審慎樂觀。 “I don’t want to come out and put that pressure on the team,” Roy said. “We have a lot of really nice pieces. The first step is to get everybody here and start to build that chemistry. (Kevin) Love is with the USA team, he’s focused on that. (Ricky) Rubio, (Andrei) Kirilenko is doing the same thing with his team. We want to get guys in early to start building that chemistry. I feel like with the pieces we have, we can definitely take that next step to getting into the playoffs. We want to work to that goal, we don’t want to talk about it. We want to work and prove it on the floor.” 「我不想帶給球隊壓力。」Roy 說。「陣容帳面上看起來真的不錯,下一步就要建立 起隊友間的默契。現在大家正各忙各的事情,如果我們能早一點會合練球,依照我們 現有的陣容,絕對有機會更上一層樓。我們會朝著季後賽目標努力,不單是嘴上說說 ,而是在球場上以行動證明。」 It’s rare for a player to come out of retirement less than one year after deciding to walk away from the game.. However, the circumstances surrounding Roy’s retirement were always odd and he says the choice wasn’t entirely his. 離開球場不到一年又決定復出,對職業球員來說很少見。然而,當時 Roy 的情境非 常奇特,退休決定也並不完全出自他的意志。 “It never really was officially my decision to retire,” Roy said. “With the process in Portland, I met with the team doctor, we talked for awhile. We have a really, really good relationship. He’s a guy that’s been working with me for five years with my knees. It was a situation where I went in for the physical, and he thought it would be in my best interest to stop playing basketball because of my knees. We pretty much left it up to the team to decide if they wanted to pursue the medical retirement route. 「我從未正式決定要高掛球鞋。」Roy 說。「當時在波特蘭,和一位私交甚密的隊醫 會面,溝通了一會兒。接受完身體檢查後,他告訴我因為膝蓋的緣故,對我最有利的 決定就是停止打籃球。最後我們把決定權交給球隊,看他們是否選擇使用接受醫療而 退休的途徑。」 “After a week, they decided to use the amnesty. For me, it was never that I was retired. My knees were a situation that I was going to have to think about if I wanted to continue playing. After a few months of sitting out, I decided, ‘Hey, I don’t want to stop playing basketball.’ It’s something I want to continue going forward with. It’s never a situation where I said, ‘I’m done forever.’ It was more of a pause.” 「一週後,他們決定運用特赦條款。對我來說,那並不代表我退休了。關於膝蓋的狀 況,我當時正陷入長考中。幾個月的休息後,我告訴自己『嘿,我想繼續打球』,我 離不開籃球。這段休息只是個長暫停。」 Now, he’s hitting the resume button and all eyes will be on Roy to see what he has left. 現在,Roy 正開啟籃球生涯的另一階段,所有球迷都拭目以待。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 1.169.157.69

08/08 22:42, , 1F
push
08/08 22:42, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #1G8JpALi (Timberwolves)