[外電] Foye happy about start; James left p …

看板Timberwolves作者 (胖子)時間17年前 (2007/02/13 17:27), 編輯推噓2(201)
留言3則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ 引述《jerod (KG4MVP)》之銘言: : http://www.startribune.com/511/story/995939.html : There was a changing of the guard for the Timberwolves Sunday, with rookie : Randy Foye starting at point guard in place of Mike James. : For Foye, it was his second NBA start. He got into the starting lineup of the : Wolves' game at Phoenix on Jan. 21 thanks to Ricky Davis' one-game : suspension. For James, meanwhile, it marked the first time in 51 games that : he did not start. 星期天灰狼在後衛上做了一點更動 讓菜鳥Randy Foye打先發控球 取代原本的Mike James. 這是Foye第二次在NBA打先發. 1月21日對太陽那場比賽他也曾被放入先發名單,那次先發機會要感謝Ricky Davis被禁賽. 同時對James來說,這是他最近51場球以來第一次打替補. : One guy was a lot happier than the other, as one might expect. : "They were preparing him and they were seasoning Randy," James said after the : Wolves' 109-107 victory over Boston at Target Center. "This is what they've : worked for. They're getting what they want. It's just that, it's tough at : times. I just feel like, if I'm not a fit here ... like they always said, if : it ain't one place, it can always be another." 這樣的改變,幾家歡樂幾家愁,是預料中事. "他們在養他,"James在灰狼以109-107擊敗波士頓後說. "這是他們一直以來努力的方向.他們正在得到他們想要的. 就是這麼回事,這很難熬.我只是覺得,就像人們說的..如果我真的不適合這裡, 如果這不是屬於我的那個地方,其實我可以去別處." : Coach Randy Wittman said he relied on his "gut" when he woke up in making the : switch, but he didn't specify which morning. Foye said he learned of his : assignment after practice Saturday. : "[Wittman] just said, 'I think we need a change' and he asked me if I was : ready," said Foye, a rookie from Villanova. "And obviously I'm not going to : say no. So I said yeah. He said keep playing how I'm playing. Go out there : and make plays." 教練Wittman說某天他起床時突然覺得要大膽試試看這種改變, 但他沒指名哪天早上. Foye說星期日練球後他就收到這樣的指示. "Wittman只說,'我想我們需要改變一下'然後他問我是否準備好了,"Foye說, Foye是來自Willanova的菜鳥. "當然我不會說no,所以我說yeah.他說就保持我自己打球的方式.上場盡情比賽." : Foye played 34 minutes 22 seconds and finished with 10 points, eight assists, : five rebounds, one steal, one blocked shot (on Paul Pierce with the Wolves : down 105-103) and just one turnover. His last assist was his best, : interrupting his drive to the basket to find Davis open on the right baseline : for the game-winning jump shot. : Most of this season, Foye has tended either to attack the rim or hoist : three-pointers, and dishing on his way into the lane hasn't been very common. : So this qualified as progress. Foye上場34芬22秒,得10分8助攻5籃板1抄截1阻攻(火鍋打在包皮爾斯身上 而且當時灰狼105-103落後兩分) 而且整場只有一失誤. 他最後一個助攻是最棒的,在運球攻往籃框的時候找到Ricky Davis在右側中距離有個 大空檔,於是這球助攻成了當晚的buzzer beater. 整晚Foye都試著用自己的方式傳助攻,進攻籃框或是三分投射比較不常出現. : "Young fella's had so much pressure on him to be good, and ... to be good : now, he falters under that," teammate Kevin Garnett said. "I try to tell him, : you're human, man. You're going to make some mistakes. Don't worry, no man : ever plays this game perfect. Play it with a lot of energy and never let one : play dictate your [game]." "年輕的球員們通常給自己很多壓力,但他現在很好了,雖然過程有點跌跌撞撞." 隊友KG說. "我試著告訴他,你也是人阿,大哥,人一定會犯錯,不要擔心,沒有人打球是完美的. 用全身的精力去打球,不要讓對方支配你的比賽就ok了." : James, a valuable reserve for most of his career until he became a 20-point : scorer with Toronto last season, played 13 minutes 38 seconds, scored five : points and had three assists and no turnovers. He has averaged 10.8 points, : 4.2 assists, 1.9 turnovers and 28.2 minutes, but often has seemed stuck : between setting up other players and searching for his own offense. Wittman : said he hoped James could play more aggressively and look to score coming off : the bench. : It remains to be seen how well he handles the switch. James在大部分的球員生涯中都是個很棒的替補球員. 直到去年他在多倫多打出每場20分的漂亮球季. 他在這場比賽中上場13分38秒,拿5分3助攻沒有失誤. 他本季10.8分,4.2助攻與1.9次失誤,28.2分鐘的表現不錯, 但他在自己進攻與幫其他球員尋找機會的尺度上,似乎還拿捏的不夠好. Wittman希望James能更具侵略性些,並希望他能夠在板凳上提供分數. 看起來他對自己做的改變好像處理的很不錯 : 'Challenges' : It wasn't that long ago that Boston coach Glenn (Doc) Rivers had the pleasure : of coaching several of the players his pal Wittman currently oversees. In : particular, Rivers referred to Davis and Mark Blount as "a challenge."Ricky : is a challenging personality," Rivers said before the game. "But there was a : lot of communication -- I think that helped with him. I think we still forget : how young Ricky still is. : "The one thing I told Mark all the time, 'If you ever just played ... When he : plays well, he's one of the better bigs in our league at times. He's not : consistent, but you can see it there." '挑戰' 不久以前波士頓的教練Glenn Rivers還是Davis與Blount的教練. Rivers將教導Davis與Mark Blount視作一項挑戰. "Ricky的個性就是勇於挑戰," Rivers賽前說. "有好有壞,但我相信可以透過各種溝通幫助他.我想我們都忘了Ricky的年紀還是個男孩." "我總是提醒Mark一件事,'如果你可以維持這樣子....' 當他打的好的時候, 他會是這個聯盟水準以上的內線大個兒.他不太連貫,不過,就這樣,你可以繼續觀察." -- 研究所考試要到了 在最近狂唸書的結果下 翻的好像超爛的XD 大家對不起 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.4.234 ※ 編輯: fatoes 來自: 140.112.4.234 (02/13 17:28)

02/14 00:49, , 1F
考試加油啦!
02/14 00:49, 1F

02/14 00:49, , 2F
祝一切順利!
02/14 00:49, 2F

02/15 15:58, , 3F
多謝哩
02/15 15:58, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #15qOHm6m (Timberwolves)