[外電] Mad Dog, Marko making things happen

看板Timberwolves作者 (胖子)時間17年前 (2007/02/01 00:49), 編輯推噓7(700)
留言7則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ 引述《jerod (KG4MVP)》之銘言: : http://www.startribune.com/511/story/970708.html : This was Randy Wittman's thought: Why not do the talking rather than taking : dictation? 這是Randy Wittman的想法: 與其用命令的,何不改用好好講的方式呢? : Which is why, with the fourth quarter about to begin for the Timberwolves in : Monday's streak-ending victory over Phoenix, Wittman took the bull off his : bench and threw it into the china shop. 這是為何在禮拜一終止太陽連勝的那晚,Wittman把他板凳席上那頭公牛 丟到中國商店裡....(我看不懂 XD 救救我~~~) : Mark Madsen went into the game and started throwing his 6-9, 250-pound body : around. Over the next 12 minutes he got some key rebounds, scored four key : points and helped clog the lane. Basically, he helped throw a few speed bumps : at the sleekest offense in the NBA. Mark Madsen開始以6呎9,250磅的身材投身戰場, 在接下來的12分鐘,他搶下一些關鍵的籃板,拿下關鍵的4分, 給了對方一些苦頭並使自己的球隊保持住競爭力。 基本上,他用自己的方式讓現今愈趨花俏的NBA攻擊方式上了一課。 : Many felt the Wolves took a big step forward by ending the Suns' 17-game : winning streak in Wittman's first home game as head coach. But credit Wittman : for looking back for ways to move ahead. : Wittman has taken Madsen and Marko Jaric -- two players whose contributions : dwindled -- and dusted them off and re-inserted them into the mix, with : strong results. 很多人覺得,在Wittman任總教練的主場首戰中可以終結太陽的17連勝, 灰狼的確跨出了很大一步。但Wittman將榮耀歸功於其他方面。 Wittman用了Madsen與Marko Jaric -- 這兩位無名英雄 -- 他將他們改頭換面,讓他們跟這個隊伍結合,得到了很好的結果。 : Start with Madsen. The forward/center always has been a player whose : enthusiasm can infuse a game; he was a valuable member of the Wolves team : that made a playoff run during the 2003-04 season. The Wolves were 22-7 that : season when Madsen played 22 minutes or more. 先說Madsen。 這個前鋒/中鋒 球員,在場上打球的態度總是充滿了熱情。 他在2003-04年灰狼打入季後賽時就是個很有價值的球員。 那一季,只要Madsen上場超過22分鐘,灰狼的戰績是22勝7敗。 : But before Wittman took over last week, Madsen had not played in 15 of the : team's first 40 games, though at least four of those were because of a : shoulder injury. : Monday, he played a season-high 25 minutes, 45 seconds, finishing with six : points and eight rebounds. 但在Wittman上星期上任之前,Madsen在灰狼的頭40場比賽有15場未上陣, 雖然其中四場是因為他的肩傷。 禮拜一,他打足了本季最高的25分45秒,個人成績以6分8籃板作收。 : Wittman desperately wanted his team to shut down the lane, and Madsen was a : huge reason the Suns managed only six points in the paint in the second half. : The reason he was even in the game was Wittman's desire to force the Suns to : adjust to his team. So often coaches try to match up with the Suns by going : small. : Not Wittman. Wittman強烈的希望他的球隊可以鞏固禁區,而太陽隊下半場只能在禁區拿到區區 六分的很大原因,就是因為Madsen。 他持續留在場上的原因,就是因為Wittman希望可以藉此逼迫太陽走在灰狼的節奏上。 通常一個教練希望跟太陽對陣的次數愈少愈好,但那絕不是Wittman的想法。 : "I want teams to match us, rather than us match them," Wittman said. "Now, : you have to make an adjustment if it doesn't work your way. But I wanted to : see how effective our regular players could be against them, even though they : went small." "我希望對陣的感覺是,對手發現要對上灰狼了,而不是我們感到今晚必須對上某隊," Wittman說。 "如果你原本的方法行不通,你必須做些調適。但我當時很想看看我們原本的打球方式, 對上這個球隊可以有多大的功效。" : The answer Monday was very effective. None of the Suns bigger players -- not : even Amare Stoudemire -- was able to get on track in the game, especially : down the stretch. 星期一得到的答案是非常有效果。 沒有一名太陽的大頭可以主宰比賽 -- 即使是阿罵Stoudemire。 : Wittman has gotten similar production from Jaric. A couple weeks ago, Jaric, : unhappy with his playing time and role, wanted out of Minnesota. Now he says : he wants to stay. Wittman從Jaric身上也得到了類似的成果。 幾個禮拜前,Jaric對自己的上場時間與角色有些不滿,還想離開灰狼。 現在他說自己想要留下來。 : "I feel much more comfortable," Jaric said. "I don't play more, I definitely : would like to spend more time on the court. But I'm coming back from injury : [to his thumb], gaining my confidence back. But I know with [Wittman], if I : play better, I'll get to play more." "我覺得舒服多了,"Jaric說。 "我不會打很久,我當然寧願花更多時間在場上。但我傷勢(手指)恢復後信心就回來了。 我了解Wittman,如果我開始打的更好,我會有更多的上場時間。" : Jaric has been unhappy since being moved out of his job as point guard last : season. He's still not on the point, but Wittman has done what he could to : put the ball back in Jaric's hands. Often playing with either Mike James or : Randy Foye, Jaric has been acting as a point forward, often handling the ball : and enabling the point guard to run the floor. Jaric從上季他被從控衛的角色上抽離後就不太高興。 他現在仍然不是打控衛,但Wittman已經盡了最大努力讓籃球回到Jaric的手上。 經常與Mike James或Randy Foye同在場上,就像個控球前鋒,帶著球並且讓 球隊的控球後衛在場上跑動。 : "And we're getting him involved more in pick and rolls," Wittman said. "When : he's on the floor, say, with Randy and Ricky [Davis], he's being covered by a : [forward]. Those guys are not accustomed to playing pick-and-roll defense a : lot." "我們在更多pick and roll的戰術中讓他加入," Wittman說。 "當他在場上時,比方說Ricky Davis也在時,他就可以被前鋒所掩護。 這些傢伙還不太適應做太多的pick-and-roll防守。" : In nearly 22 minutes of play, Jaric scored 11 points, with two assists and : two steals. : Plan on seeing more of both of them in coming games. : Madsen? 在將近22分鐘的出賽時間中,Jaric拿下11分2助攻與2抄截。 預計在接下來的球賽中可以看到更多他們兩人的表現。 : "I have to play Mad Dog. He gives us energy," Wittman said. "And it feeds off : to our other players. The minutes he has played in the [past] four games, : have been really inspirational for us. Without scoring a lot of points, he : gets a lot done." Madsen? "我想讓瘋狗打,他給全隊帶來活力," Wittman說。 "這會感染其他球員。過去四場比賽,當他在場上時,就可以激發我們的士氣。 不用藉著得分他就可以做很多事情。" : Jaric, meanwhile, helps the Wolves keep the ball moving, which is key to what : Wittman wants to do. : Said Madsen: "Randy has told everybody on the roster they are a part of this : team. Everybody needs to be ready. If your name is called, be ready." Jaric同時可以幫助灰狼場上球的流動,這是Wittman一直想做到的。 Madsen說: "Randy跟所有球員說,大家都是隊伍的一部分。 每個人隨時都得準備好。如果你的名字被叫到,就隨時準備上場。" -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 124.8.42.241

02/01 00:55, , 1F
推!! 我喜歡這篇!! 感覺到灰狼的新希望!
02/01 00:55, 1F
※ 編輯: fatoes 來自: 124.8.42.241 (02/01 00:58)

02/01 01:12, , 2F
推~
02/01 01:12, 2F

02/01 02:34, , 3F
推推推~
02/01 02:34, 3F

02/01 08:57, , 4F
那就是和回教人交易破局嗎??!!
02/01 08:57, 4F

02/01 09:50, , 5F
推阿
02/01 09:50, 5F