[外電] 'T-Hud' feeling tuned in

看板Timberwolves作者 (KG4MVP)時間17年前 (2006/12/18 19:54), 編輯推噓4(401)
留言5則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/basketball/16263742.htm Timberwolves guard Trenton Hassell has a variety of hip-hop albums he is listening to these days. One of the CDs is the latest offering from teammate Troy Hudson. T-Hud, as he is known in the music world, has a tentative release date for his third album set for March 13, his birthday. The album is titled "Undrafted," a reference to his rise to the NBA after being overlooked in college. "It's a nice album," Hassell said. "He's real talented. He's got something to do after he gets through playing basketball." This past summer, Hudson spent much of his time at his recording studio in North Minneapolis working on his album when he wasn't rehabilitating his injured ankle. He has been writing lyrics since he was 17, and now that he's 30 he believes this might be his breakthrough album. "This will be my third album, but this will be the first one that will be mainstream, worldwide," said Hudson, who has his own record label, Nutty Boyz Entertainment. "This will be the one that really tries to get me over the hump." Hudson said he collaborated with some of hip-hop's best-known artists, such as Bun B, Twista, David Banner and Trick Daddy. That other artists were willing to work with Hudson helps separate him from the typical basketball players turned rappers. "I gave them a call, and the first thing they want to do is hear my music," Hudson said. "Guys like that don't like to put their name or their voice on any type of music. It has to be quality. If they like it, they get on it. Everybody I reached out to liked it." Hudson said a song called "Never Thought" received radio play last summer in Nashville, Tenn., Fresno, Calif., and Fort Wayne, Ind. "The buzz is definitely out there in a good way," Hudson said. Sacramento King Ron Artest gave Hudson his respect last month when he was in the Twin Cities for a game. Artest singled out a particular song he enjoyed. "We're in the same boat," Hudson said. "A lot of people don't think that we can do it and that we should do it. I've got his back 100 percent. What a lot of people don't realize is that our life ain't all about one thing. There's other things you want to do in life. This is something I love to do. It's my passion along with basketball." Hudson grew up in Carbondale, Ill., and first stepped into a studio after college at Southern Illinois. He used his increasing name recognition to open doors in the music industry. "As a kid, I wanted to be an entertainer," Hudson said. "Like all kids, everybody thought they were Michael Jackson. I always wanted to be on this side of life, entertaining. Basketball is still entertainment." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.170.221.79

12/18 20:00, , 1F
12/18 20:00, 1F

12/18 20:50, , 2F
他說謊
12/18 20:50, 2F

12/19 00:21, , 3F
我的反應跟一樓一樣
12/19 00:21, 3F

12/19 01:12, , 4F
球不好好打.......
12/19 01:12, 4F

12/19 22:50, , 5F