[外電] Ibaka's winding road from Congo lands him in Tinseltown

看板Thunder作者 (垃圾就該進垃圾場)時間13年前 (2011/02/12 00:22), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
(Part 1) http://tinyurl.com/4a2etb2 Ibaka's winding road from Congo lands him in Tinseltown OKLAHOMA CITY -- Serge Ibaka isn't nervous about battling three of the league's top dunkers later this month in front of the basketball universe. The third youngest of 18 brothers and sisters knows a thing or two about competition. OKC—雖然Ibaka將在今年明星賽週的灌籃大賽跟聯盟內另外三名灌籃高手一較高下,但他並 不緊張。作為18個兄弟姊妹中第三小的小孩,對於競爭早就略知一二。 And overcoming long odds. 同樣的,他也知道怎麼克服困難。 "I've come a long way from Congo to here," Ibaka said earlier this week. "I'm working hard and all my teammates know and my coaches know I'm trying to do the best I can when I'm on the court. I play hard and with energy, and my confidence is coming." Ibaka本週稍早接受訪問:「跟在剛果時的那個我比起來,現在的我大有進步。我努力訓練 ,隊友跟教練都知道我總會試著在球場上打出我的最佳表現。我認真打球,充滿精力,而且 我的信心也提昇了。」 Ibaka traveled a road to the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder both treacherous and amazing, spanning a civil war, three continents and several language barriers, all before he was 19. A native of Brazzaville, the capital of the Republic of Congo, Ibaka was forced to leave home before he was 10 because of the second Congo War. Ibaka度過了既危險又不可思議的經歷之後,才能夠成為NBA球員。在他19歲之前,他經歷了 內戰,長途跋涉三個洲(譯註:非、歐、美),還得克服語言障礙。他在剛果首都布拉薩出 生,但因為第二次剛果內戰的關係,他10歲就被迫離開家鄉。 After living with his grandmother for a few years during the civil unrest, Ibaka returned to his hometown and began to pick up the game that would change his life. Ibaka's parents both played basketball for the national team. Some of his older siblings provided the opposition he needed on the makeshift outdoor courts of Brazzaville. 在戰火未息前的那幾年,Ibaka跟奶奶住在一起,等到內戰結束,他回到家鄉後,他開始打 籃球—一個改變他人生的運動。Ibaka的父母都是剛果國家隊的籃球員,而在戶外的籃球場 ,他的哥哥姊姊們也能夠充當他最需要的對手。 A dream was born. It didn't take long to take shape. 夢想就此誕生,而且沒花上多少時間就初具規模了。 His physical gifts are obvious: He's 6-foot-10, a chiseled 235 pounds, with speed and exceptional agility. Despite the educational challenges of his upbringing, Ibaka is a fast study, too. He spoke two languages in Africa -- his native tongue, Lingala, and French. When he went to Spain to play professionally three years ago, he was speaking Spanish fluently three months after he arrived. 他的天賦顯而易見:六呎十吋,精練的235磅,有速度,傑出的敏捷性。儘管他的成長過程 中接受的教育並不完整,不過他一直是一個學得很快的人。他在非洲時就學會兩種語言--林 加拉語(母語)與法語。當他前往西班牙加入西班牙職籃時,他只學了三個月西班牙語就能 夠應對自如。 Oklahoma City drafted Ibaka 24th overall in the 2008 Draft after he played one season for Manresa in the ACB, Spain's premier professional league. He stayed for another year before joining the Thunder last season. Ibaka, 21, has since learned English. 他在ACB--西班牙最主要的職籃聯盟-的Manresa打了一年後,雷霆在2008年選秀會上用第1 輪第24順位選擇他。不過他在西班牙又待了一年。現在21歲的他還正在持續學習英文。 "He's a lot smarter than me," Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks said. "He can speak like seven different languages. When you can go to another country and pick it up that quick that's impressive. 雷霆總教練Brooks說:「他比我聰明多了。他會講7種不同的語言。當去到另外一個國家時 ,能夠很快學會該國的語言的話,會很讓人印象深刻。」 "Smart kid, he picks up things quickly and he's prideful. He wants to be a good player and he focuses on all the little things that it takes to be good." 「(他是)聰明的孩子,學東西非常快,他也為此自豪。他想要讓自己成為一個好球員,他 也專注於一切能讓他變得更好的小事情。」 (待續) -- 『也許你想從我身上尋求許多東西。可是我卻一點也沒有感覺自己有什麼被需求。』 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.132.168.231

02/12 09:44, , 1F
all the little things 感覺他挺敏感的
02/12 09:44, 1F

02/12 13:13, , 2F
七種語言 ...
02/12 13:13, 2F

05/05 21:58, , 3F
借轉巴哈,科科
05/05 21:58, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1DLM8vqW (Thunder)