【快速翻譯】湯瑪斯準備迎接挑戰

看板Thunder作者時間17年前 (2007/08/06 13:25), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
原文:http://www.nba.com/sonics/news/thomas070731.html When the Seattle SuperSonics completed the deal bringing veteran big man Kurt Thomas to Seattle along with a pair of future first-round picks a week and a half ago, General Manager Sam Presti raved about Thomas' impact on and off the floor."Kurt's a player that we value a great deal," said Presti. "He brings toughness and a defensive mindset to the frontcourt. He's a true professional and adds a veteran presence to our team. He's somebody we certainly covet." 我們的GM普瑞斯提說他肖想湯瑪斯很久了。 Last week, the Seattle media got a first look at why the Sonics were excited to add Thomas. After going through a physical to complete the trade, Thomas chatted affably with reporters at The Furtado Center about joining his fifth NBA team in a career that has spanned 12 seasons. 各位觀眾,讓我們掌聲歡迎湯~瑪~斯~ "I'm excited about the fact that there's a team out there who wants me," Thomas said. "I think everyone wants to be accepted wherever they are. I know this is a young team, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'm excited about it. I think this is a great city and a great franchise and we've just got to take every step forward." 湯瑪斯說他很高興。 At 34, Thomas is the most veteran member of a youthful Sonics squad. Citing what he learned in his formative NBA years from teammates including Larry Johnson, Patrick Ewing and Alonzo Mourning, Thomas embraces a leadership role. 湯瑪斯從菜鳥變老兵了。以前他菜的時候跟過大猩猩、晨星跟老祖母。 "I've learned a lot," he said. "I've been around for a while. I've had a lot of guys take me under their wing. If there's a young prospect who's willing to listen, I'm definitely there to lend a helping hand wherever I can." 湯瑪斯可以教菜鳥一些東西。 A talented athlete during his days at Texas Christian, when he became one of three players to lead NCAA Division I in both scoring and rebounding as a senior, Thomas has adjusted his game and become a savvier player to compensate as he has aged. The tricks he has learned can be useful given the Sonics inexperience in the middle with the trio of Robert Swift, Johan Petro and Mouhamed Sene. 史威夫特、派卓、史內你們三個小菜菜可要認真聽。 At the same time, Thomas doesn't want anyone to draw the conclusion that he no longer has anything to offer on the court."Even though I'm a little up there in age," Thomas said, "I still try to show these young guys that I can play with them and that I know a little bit about this game. I just try to take my experience and go out there and be successful on the floor." 湯瑪斯說雖然他快退了,但是單槓還是可以拉個十下沒有問題。 With the Pacific Division Champion Suns in 2005-06, Thomas averaged 4.6 points and 5.7 rebounds per game. His style was a better fit when the game slowed down in the postseason, and Thomas started five games during Phoenix's semifinal series with San Antonio, averaging 9.7 points and 6.3 rebounds in those games. 湯瑪斯去年季後賽力扛小叮噹。 In keeping with Presti's attempt to mold the Sonics into a defensive-minded squad, Thomas is held in high esteem for his defense, particularly defending the post one-on-one. He also ranked amongst the NBA's leaders in per-minute rebounding in 2005-06. On offense, Thomas' strength is running the pick-and-pop for open midrange jumpers, especially from the baselines. "I'm a guy who can shoot the ball - 15-, 17-foot jumpshots," he explained. 湯瑪斯在攻守兩端都不錯。 While he'd welcome a return to the starting role he had throughout most of his career in New York as well as his first season with the Suns, Thomas is happy to contribute however the Sonics need him next season. 湯瑪斯可能在下季會回到先發,並且第一場就是對上他的前東家太陽隊。 "I think everyone sees themselves as a starter," he said. "I'm just going to come in here and try to play with some passion, try to be helpful wherever - if I'm a starter or coming off the bench. That's not my concern. I'll leave that to (Head Coach) P.J. (Carlesimo)." 湯瑪斯說不管先發還是替補他都沒意見。 Thomas made a quick trip to Seattle to undergo his physical, arriving in town Wednesday evening for dinner with the Sonics brass and departing on Friday. He'll be back before long for the start of training camp and looks forward to the experience. 湯瑪斯將演西雅圖夜未眠續集。 "They tell me they want me to come in and do what I've been doing over my number of years in the league," said Thomas. "I just hope I can continue to do that up here. Even though it's a young team, I'm just excited about the opportunity to play with these young, talented guys." 湯瑪斯說雖然女主角是達科塔芬妮,他依然甘之如飴。...(全文完) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 123.0.53.146

08/06 13:30, , 1F
XD
08/06 13:30, 1F

08/06 13:46, , 2F
這個翻譯真的太讚了 XDDDD
08/06 13:46, 2F

08/06 18:23, , 3F
真是太有趣了,這樣的翻譯真是經典]
08/06 18:23, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #16jh34G6 (Thunder)