[情報] Former Australian Open Champion Johansson Retires

看板Tennis作者 (厭離穢土 欣求淨土)時間15年前 (2009/06/12 20:20), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Sweden's Thomas Johansson has announced his immediate retirement from professional tennis. “After a lot of thought, I’ve decided to end my professional tennis career with immediate effect,” said Johansson, a former World No. 7 (10 June 2002). “Last Autumn, I underwent yet another operation for a foot injury and, one month ago, I became a father for the second time.” Johansson, 34, captured the 2002 Australian Open title (d. Safin), eight ATP World Tour titles and an Olympic Games silver medal in doubles with Simon Aspelin at Beijing in 2008. He also reached the 2005 Wimbledon semi-finals (l. to Roddick) and played in three Davis Cup semi-finals during a 15-year professional career. In June 2006, he was elected to the ATP Player Council. “Looking back at my life as a tennis professional, I’m very pleased with all that I have achieved on the tennis court,” he said. “As a junior I dreamed of getting the chance to play on the big tennis stages around the world. This dream came true for me many times, not least, when I won the Australian Open Grand Slam title in Melbourne. ”I have many great memories. My first ATP World Tour title in Copenhagen in 1997 [d. Damm] as well as the victories at the Stockholm Open in 2000 [d. Kafelnikov] and 2004 [d. Agassi] are amongst the best. “Despite being unlucky with injuries during my career, which were very tough and frustrating for me, I’m very pleased that I was able to fight my way back into the Top 10 on two occasions, reaching a career high of [No.] 7. ”Now the journey has come to an end and it is time for me and my wonderful family to go down another path to new destinations. I still love tennis and wish to share my knowledge and experience with Swedish Tennis in the future. Last but not least, I would like to thank everyone for all their support and encouragement over the years – I would never have made it this far without you! Johansson, who started playing tennis at the age of five, amassed a 357-296 tour-level singles record and a 76-98 doubles record as a professional player. His last tour-level matches came for Sweden in its Davis Cup World Group first-round tie against Israel in March. Johansson married Gisella Kaltencher on 3 December 2005. The couple has two children, Lucas and Celine. http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/1/en/news/newsarticle_3946.asp -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.103.31

06/12 20:36, , 1F
希望ToJo往後能過的安好!
06/12 20:36, 1F

06/12 21:01, , 2F
早上才看了05年溫網四強的回顧,精彩的搶七
06/12 21:01, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1ACaW1Rf (Tennis)