[情報] Sampras的近況之一

看板Tennis作者 (Est)時間21年前 (2002/12/18 15:35), 編輯推噓4(400)
留言4則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Annacone Says Sampras Decision On Future Will Come Next Week 教練Paul說Sampras將在下週決定未來 [December 13, 2002, Richard Pagliaro] Pete Sampras spent September scripting a storybook revival to his remarkable career when he snapped a two-year title drought by capturing the U.S. Open title. Next week, the 14-time Grand Slam champion will decide whether he plans to add another chapter to his success story or close the book on one of the greatest careers in tennis history. Pete Sampras將在下週決定繼續他繼拿下第14座大滿貫的職業生涯、或者以一個故事般的 結局作為結尾。(上次說是11月要決定…很猶豫不定哪…) Sampras's coach, Paul Annacone, said yesterday he has urged the five-time U.S. Open champion to resume his career and is convinced Sampras can claim another Slam. 他的教練Paul Annacone說他鼓勵Samprsa繼續尋找另一個大滿貫:「我真的很希望他決定 明年繼續比賽。我將盡可能地鼓勵他復出因為我十分確信他仍至少有一個大滿貫的機會。 但問題在於他願意作出犧牲嗎?(大概是指家庭吧) "I really hope he decides to play next year," Annacone said. I'm doing all I can to push him to come back because I'm convinced he has it in him to win a few more Slams. But the question is whether he wants to make the sacrifices.? The 31-year-old Sampras and wife Bridgette Wilson-Sampras became first time parents last month with the birth of son Christian Charles Sampras. 31歲的Sampras與他的妻子wilson上個月剛剛有了第一個寶寶。雖然自美網賽後Sampras就 沒有再比賽,但Annacone說他仍持續地進行訓練以保有職業競爭力。Annacone說Sampras還 未決定要繼續職業生涯或者退休,他並且期望他在下星期決定。(哇~~Annacone真是厲害… 看來他真的很了解Sampras,要嘛快決定,不然就來不及了~推他一把)「現在是一半一半的 機率,懸而未決,Pete這兩個月來都有持續練習,他並未真的斷掉網球訓練,所以他仍保 有一定體能狀態。但如果他要參加澳網,他必須提升到另一層次」Annacone說。 Though Sampras has not played a match since scoring a 6-3, 6-4, 5-7, 6-4 triumph over Andre Agassi in the U.S. Open final, Annacone says he has continued training and is clearly capable of a career rebirth. Annacone said Sampras remains undecided about resuming his career or retiring and expects Sampras to make a final decision next week. "Right now, it's up in the air. It's 50-50,"Annacone said. "Pete has been practicing the last two months. He never really stopped playing after winning the Open. He's really fit physically. But if he decides to go to Australia, he needs to pick it up another notch." In one of the few extended interviews Sampras has given since his U.S. Open victory, he told Tennis Week writer Steve Flink, he was weighing several factors in contemplating his future. 美網賽後Pete在接受網球週刊的記者Steve Flink的訪問時說,他衡量七個要素以沉思他 的未來。不像過去的賽季,Sampras背負著長期的冠軍荒重擔,在2003年假如Pete繼續比賽 的話,他的壓力將減少許多。「那是沒有什麼可輸的~對我而言,假如明年我繼續比賽的話 ,我將不會有今年如此重的壓力。而假若我決定退休,我也只是打開我人生的另一頁而巳 」 Unlike the past season, where Sampras bore the burden of trying to snap one of the longest championship droughts of his career, a return to tennis in 2003 would see Sampras playing under far less pressure than he's felt in the recent past. "It is a no-lose situation for me," Sampras said in the interview. "If I play next year, I won't have the same pressures I had this year. If I decide to stop I will just enjoy the next chapter of my life." In an era where athletic arrogance and trash talking has become commonplace in many sports, Sampras remains a quiet player who has always preferred to let his performance speak louder than his post-match press conferences. Yet beneath his sometimes stoic exterior, Sampras is a fiercely proud player who was deeply disappointed by critics who tried to turn him into a human pinata with repeated shots ranging from Greg Rusedski's claim that he had lost a step to those who constantly called for his retirement. Sampras concedes that silencing the skeptics with his U.S. Open triumph provided one of the most satisfying moments of his career. 在體育界流行傲慢自大與垃圾言論巳變得稀鬆平常的今天(好重的用語b),Sampras傾向 作個安靜的競賽者,用他的表現說話而不是訴諸於世俗言論。在他深深地受到輿論批評 的困擾,他對於那些懷疑者所說的話保持沉默~那些人想把他推到心理的深淵(?),持續 攻擊他如Rusedski的言論:他的速度巳經慢了一步半、該退休了,他提供了最令人滿意的職 業生涯時刻~美網的勝利。 「我只是想贏得另一個冠軍,實現它對我而言是很重要的。贏得美網不是我生涯最重大的 勝利,但它是非常重要的。人們心中的人選並非是我。但我覺得很無辜,過去一年內每個 時刻提到我的名字都是非常負面且消極的~來自Becker還有其他人們。對我而言那只是我用 我的球拍作了什麼,能夠丟掉這些包袱感覺真的很好,從心理層次來說。」 "I just wanted to win another major, to prove it most importantly to myself, " Sampras said. "Winning the U.S. Open was not the biggest win of my career, but it was the most important. Putting people in their place is not really me. But I feel very vindicated because every time my name came up in the past year, it was all very negative, from Boris Becker and others. And in my own way, just with what I did with my racquet, I was able to throw a lot of egg around. That felt really good from a human side." While the seven-time Wimbledon winner contemplates retirement, he admits the desire to erase the memory of his second-round Wimbledon loss at the hands of journeyman George Bastl on Court 2, the infamous Graveyard of Champions, is a compelling reason why he may extend his career at least one more year. "I always think about going back to Wimbledon," Sampras said. "There is no guarantee I would win there, but I would be able to end my time there on a more positive note." 當七屆溫布頓冠軍談及退休,他承認對於在溫布頓第二輪在第二球場敗給George是個很 大的理由、使他有可能至少再延續一年的職業生涯,讓他有著想消除這個記憶的慾望。 。(打擊太大bb)Sampras應該決定再打一次溫布頓?不論他選擇退休與否,他巳經確保自己 在網史上有突出的地位。 Should Sampras decide to play Wimbledon one more time, it is likely he would want to defend his U.S. Open title two months later. Regardless of whether Sampras retires or not, he has already secured a prominent place in tennis history as one of the game's all-time greats. "The reality is that I have done really well," Sampras said. "I think this last U.S. Open showed a lot about who I am. More than just playing the game, this was about being 31 and still wanting to do it when people didn't believe in me. You always dream about how you might stop and the storybook ending at the Open a month ago could be it. But I just don't know. It's still up in the air." 「事實上我巳經作得相當好了,我想美網巳經展現了我是誰。那代表了一個31歲的人還能 作到,當人們不再相信我。你總是夢想著自己能夠以一個像在美網時那故事般的結局停下 腳步。但我真的不知道,仍然懸而未決。」 -- 努力賺錢 然後賭錢 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.59.176.214

推 218.165.53.68 12/18, , 1F
看來我也可算是瞭解他的人,大概都猜對
推 218.165.53.68 12/18, 1F

推 218.165.53.68 12/18, , 2F
他美網之後的動向:p
推 218.165.53.68 12/18, 2F

推 61.59.176.214 12/18, , 3F
克兄強啊:p
推 61.59.176.214 12/18, 3F

推 203.203.34.127 12/18, , 4F
能成為他的天敵,當然要夠了解他囉 :P
推 203.203.34.127 12/18, 4F