[分享] Find,Look for, Search, Seek (動詞篇一)

看板TOEFL_iBT作者 (不剛好)時間11年前 (2013/05/20 14:22), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
大家好,我是來欣的王梓沅老師 長年教導台灣學生寫作和口說 有些東西是隨著程度提升會消失的 因此每個學生狀況不同 (inter-learner variability) 但是發現 中式英文(Chinglish),這種現象可說是across learners 一直到已經托福考到100分上下 的都會有的問題 正好我在賓大和哥大研究的正是testing (托福出題) 和打破中式英文 的教學 (有報告和論文為證) Chinglish: "Let's make a friend." (我們做個朋友吧) --> Let's make friends. --> 到最後會知道老美要跟你做朋友 他直接說 Let's hang out /chill sometime. 不會在那聲明"我們做朋友吧" 因此我將英文文法語法分為10大類 以後會在ptt上免費分享 今天先分享動詞裡的一小部分 希望對大家有幫助! Look for / Find / Find out / Search / Search for / Seek 的差異 Look for (=try to find something) 尋找 例) I have been looking for a job for almost a year. 例) With limited time and attention, we have to be careful what we look for and what we pay attention to. Find (vt) 找到;發現 (不可使用continuous / progressive) 例) I try to find the answer to the question. 例) Many people cannot find a decent job. Look for 和Find的關係: “You look for something” 意近 “You try to find something” “She has found the thing she was looking for.” Find out 找出;查明;揭發 例) It's time to find out who allowed this incompetent individual to be Michael Jackson's doctor. 例) Then, have students find out more about their state laws regarding juvenile crimes and punishments. Seek (vt) 尋找;尋求 (幫助、准許、建議等abstract, intangible事物) 例) He wrote an email message to me to seek my opinion. 例) Many people spend most of their time seeking wealth and fame. seek for 幾乎不被使用 Search (vt.) 仔細搜查;徹底探查 (後常接 for;也經常以名詞形態出現) 例) The police searched the forest for the missing girl. 例) The shepherd went to search for some sheep that had strayed 例) Jennifer searched her memory for her neighbor’s name. 例) We're taking steps to make the job search easier for veterans. 學術例句 (來自學術期刊、經濟學人、華爾街日報、金融時報、BBC等) 例) The CEO has been struggling to find a growth strategy that will enthuse disgruntled shareholders. 例) The FDA turned the company down last December, questioning the data used to seek approval. 例) Developing countries seek foreign direct investment (FDI) in order to promote their economic development. 例) Police now have new anti-terrorist powers to search people, but they are far less wide-ranging. 出自: www.facebook.com/AlexanderWangEnglish https://www.facebook.com/groups/387280044719083/ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.36.126.172

05/20 19:18, , 1F
非常受用謝謝
05/20 19:18, 1F

05/21 01:52, , 2F
很棒!!
05/21 01:52, 2F

05/21 13:27, , 3F
推推!!
05/21 13:27, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1HcS4luK (TOEFL_iBT)