[外電]Both sides better off since Nash left …

看板SteveNash13作者 (醫甸人)時間18年前 (2006/05/29 01:28), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Their relationship may never again make this boast, but in a physical sense, Suns guard Steve Nash and Mavericks owner Mark Cuban are both in a better place. They’re both enjoying unprecedented success. 他們的關係可能再也不會是一件他們引以為榮的事物了,但是在實質面上來說,太陽隊的 後衛Steve Nash和小牛隊的老闆Mark Cuban都是處於一個較佳的狀態。他們都享受著對他 們來說空前的成功。 Since coming to Phoenix, Nash has been the perfect engine for coach Mike D’Antoni’s offensive system, winning two straight MVP awards while taking his team to back-to-back Western Conference finals. 自從Nash來到太陽隊後,Nash一直是教練Mike D’Antoni進攻系統最好的發動機,Nash也 連續兩屆獲得MVP這項殊榮且帶領球隊再一次重回西區冠軍決賽。 And the pay ain’t bad either. 而這項報酬也不算太差。 Two seasons after losing Nash, Cuban has rebuilt his backcourt into a younger, quicker model, equalled the franchise record for wins, finally vanquished the hated Spurs and reduced his number of players with really bad hairdos to one (Dirk Nowitzki). 在失去Nash兩個球季後,Cuban重新塑造他的球隊後場讓它變的較年輕且快速,也打平球隊 歷史的勝場數,最後打敗他們所討厭的馬刺也將小牛隊髮型難看的球員減少到一個(Dirk Nowitzki)。←難道說,飄髮哥的頭髮很難看??^^ All of this success had the two teams sharing the love this week. 在這一周這兩隊將ㄧ起分享他們所達成的成就。 "Unbelievable amounts of credit go to (Suns owner Robert) Sarver, the Colangelos and (Suns coach Mike) D’Antoni for knowing Steve was perfect for their system," Cuban said in an e-mail interview. "Even the Mavs’ old system wasn't as wide open as D'Antoni's. He has done an amazing job.” "對太陽隊老闆Robert Sarver及太陽隊教練Mike D'Antoni來說,Nash非常適合於他們的體 系是一件令人不敢相信的事,"Cuban在利用e-mail的訪問裡這樣說。"即使小牛隊的老舊體 系不ㄧ定可以打敗D'Antoni的太陽隊。他還是做了一件非常令人吃驚的事情。" "They made a mistake by not re-signing Steve, but then they recovered by getting Jason Terry, drafting Devin Harris and Josh Howard is coming through big-time for them,” D’Antoni said. "I think Cuban did a great job of recovering from an initial could-be mistake." "他們犯了個錯誤沒有去續簽下Steve,但接著他們找來Jason Terry,選入Devin Harris和 Josh Howard,這使小牛顯赫重要的時期來臨。" D'Antoni說。"我想Cuban做了一件非常棒 的事情去彌補原先可能犯錯的事情。" D'Antoni couldn’t resist noting where Cuban spent all that money he saved on Nash. "I wouldn’t be happy about paying (Erick) Dampier $73 million but just basketball-wise they’ve done well," he said. "You could also say it was a mistake with us not resigning Joe (Johnson) but guess what? We got Boris Diaw." "我可能不會很高興去以7300萬元簽下Erick Dampier,ㄧ個籃球打得好的人。"他說。"你 可以說我們犯下了一個沒簽下Joe Johnson的錯誤,但你猜怎麼著?我們得到Boris Diaw。" "I don’t think they knew Josh Howard was that good and we didn’t know Boris was this good. Sometimes you just keep working, get lucky and find a positive.” "我不認為他們那時知道Josh Howard有那麼好和我們當時不知道Boris的好。但有時候,我 們只是持續做著而好運降臨時就會發現他的好。” Neither Cuban nor Nash was willing to rehash the past after Nash accepted the Suns’ $65 million, six-year offer two summers ago (Cuban said he offered four years and $36 million with a partially guaranteed fifth year that would be fully guaranteed if Nash met incentives). ꘊ在兩年前Nash接受太陽隊的6年6500萬美元的合約後,不管是Cuban和Nash都不想去重新處 理他們的合約問題。 "It's worked out great for me," Nash said. "這樣對我比較好,"Nash說。 And both insisted they are not looking at this series as a final source of vindication for their moves. 而他們都強調他們沒在注意這次的系列戰來作為判斷他們轉隊是否正確的最後依據。 "Vindication?" Cuban asked. "Why would I care about vindication?" "正確嗎?"Cuban說。"為什麼我要在意是否正確?" ------------------------------------------------------------------- 原文出處: http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=66568 -------------------------------------------------------------------- -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 163.25.118.31
文章代碼(AID): #14UTs-mV (SteveNash13)