[情報] Lonnie Walker:我就是與眾不同的真正定義

看板Spurs作者 (manu20forwin)時間6年前 (2018/07/16 16:07), 編輯推噓9(904)
留言13則, 11人參與, 5年前最新討論串1/1
來源:https://goo.gl/2ZqqoD Lonnie Walker IV: ‘I’m the true definition of different’ The former Miami guard is a unique prospect, from his hair to his views on the world Lonnie Walker IV:我就是與眾不同的真正定義。 從他的髮型到他對世界的看法,這位前邁阿密大學的後衛有著獨一無二 的可能性。 Merriam-Webster defines different as “partly or totally unlike in nature, form or quality.” Lonnie Walker IV has his own definition. Merriam-Webster把「與眾不同」定義為「在本質上、形式上或品質上的部分與全部與眾 不同。」而Lonnie Walker IV有他自己的定義。 Walker dons a hairstyle that has been called a pineapple. He is constantly trying to educate himself on the world and has said the Earth is an illusion. Despite being a one-and-done, the 6-foot-5, 205-pounder loves school and aims to get his degree. Walker剪了個俗稱的鳳梨頭。他持續自學關於世界的知識,然後得出地球是一種幻覺的結 論。雖然Walker只讀了一年大學即投入NBA選秀(one-and-done),這位6 尺5 吋、205 磅的 傢伙熱愛學校並且致力於得到學位。 The ex-University of Miami star guard also hopes to be a difference-maker in the NBA next season on and off the court. He is projected to be a first-round pick in Thursday’s NBA draft in Brooklyn, New York. 這位前邁阿密大學的明星後衛球員,將來在NBA的場上與場下,也想成為一位與眾不同的 人物。人們預計他會在周二紐約布魯克林的NBA 選秀的大會上,在首輪被選中。 “It’s bigger than just basketball just to be able to motivate the kids, the people, the friends, the family that are out there,” Walker said. “這不只是關於籃球而已,而是能夠去激勵人們、朋友和家庭。”Walker說道。 Walker is a native of Reading, the fifth-largest city in Pennsylvania with a population of about 90,000 people. The now-defunct railways transporting company Reading Railroad got its name from the city. Reading Railroad is one of the four railroad properties in the Monopoly board game. Walker來自雷丁市,Reading為賓州的第五大城市,有90 萬人口。現已停業的鐵路運輸公 司Reading Railroad正是以該城市為名。Reading Railroad是大富翁遊戲中的四大鐵路公 司之一。 “I’m from Reading, Pennsylvania. When you make it out from there, you feel like you can do almost the impossible. The impossible becomes possible in your mind,” Walker said. “我來自賓州的雷丁市。當你瞭解這一點,你會覺得你幾乎可以做到不可能的事。在你心 中,不可能都將變得可能。”Walker說道。 AreaVibes.com gave Reading an “F” in crime, education, employment and housing. According to the website, the overall crime rate in Reading is 16 percent higher than the national average, the violent crime rate is 76 percent higher than the national average and the property crime rate is 6 percent higher than the national average. AreaVibes.com將雷丁市的犯罪率、教育、就業和居住環境評價為F級。根據該網站,雷丁 市的整體犯罪率比全國平均水平高了16%,其中暴力犯罪率比全國平均水平高了76%,財產 犯罪率高出全國平均水平6%。 Walker said it was “definitely a challenge” growing up in Reading. Walker說,生長在雷丁市絕對是個挑戰。 “I felt like if you’re from Reading or you’re from some other spot like that, it definitely raises you a lot differently just on how to approach life, ” Walker said. “And I had to grow up a lot faster than the norm. But almost every other day just walking to school, coming home from school or whatever it shall be, you’re always hit with adversity or some sort of problem that you had to overcome. “我覺得如果你是從雷丁市來的,或在類似的地方長大,你對於如何面對生活絕對會有不 同的理解。”Walker說。“所以我比一般人早熟。幾乎在每天走去上學、放學回家或任何 一般的事情,你總會遇到災難或某些必需克服的問題。” “Just having that day in and day out, being prepared for whatever may happen if you walk out those doors, it definitely gives you a different edge and a different perspective on how to approach life. At least that has definitely helped me more than the norm.” “日復一日,準備好要應付任何情況,絕對帶給你面對生活的不同觀點。至少,這必然幫 助我比一般人更強。” Walker credits his father, Lonnie Walker III, for being the role model he needed to make it out of Reading. His father had a strong work ethic, as he worked as many as four jobs to make ends meet for his family. Walker said at times he didn’t see his father for days because he was working. Walker感謝他的父親Lonnie Walker III,作為他必須走出雷丁市的好榜樣。他的父親有 著非常強大的職業操守,同時他曾最多同時做四份工作,以至於無法與家人見面。Walker 說,他有時候會因為父親忙於工作,而好幾天見不到他。 “My father, he’s a very passionate, fearless man,” Walker IV said. “In this family, we don’t fear failure. We have a win-win situation, no matter what it is. So, having a father like that, who keeps on motivating myself and pushing me, it’s definitely an edge that helps me out. “我的父親是一位非常熱情並無所畏懼的男人”Walker說。“在這個家裡面,我們都不害 怕失敗。不管怎樣,我們都有著雙贏的處境。所以,擁有一個持續激勵我、推動我前進的 父親,是幫助我走出雷丁市的優勢。” “How hard he’s working and the work ethic basically just speaks for itself. It shows what type of person he is, and just his work ethic and his mentality and how he approaches life. So he’s definitely been a motivator for myself, and taught me just how to be passionate and continue to work hard.” “我父親有多麼努力工作以及他的職業操守為何,是不證自明的。而他的職業操守、心態 和如何面對生活,顯示了他是怎樣的一個人。所以我的父親絕對是我的動力,他教會了我 如何保持耐心和持續努力不懈。” Walker IV said the hardest challenge he had in Reading was being strong enough to cut ties with friends who were a bad influence. He hopes that being drafted on Thursday will be motivational to the youths of Reading. Walker認為他在雷丁市最困難的挑戰是,要足夠堅強去切斷對自己有不好影響的朋友的關 係。他希望在週二被選中會成為雷丁市的青少年們的動力。 “Not too many people growing up in Reading, Pennsylvania, ever have the father figure or someone to look up to, and to feel like they’re worth something,” Walker said. “So me getting an opportunity to get drafted by a team or get picked up, I feel like it’s going to be a big thing for my community just on the mental side of things. Seeing kids and the youth saying, ‘Wow, Lonnie made it to his dream.’ Whatever you shall be, whatever you shall become, you can do it from anywhere.” “在賓州的雷丁市長大的人們,很少有值得學習的父輩或榜樣。”Walker說。“所以我有 被NBA球隊選中的機會,我覺得這在精神層面對我們社區來說是一件大事。當看到孩子們 與青少年說”哇,Lonnie實現了他的夢想”表示無論你是誰、想成為怎麼樣的人,你可以 在任何地方實現自己的理想。” Walker led Reading High School to its first Pennsylvania state championship in boys’ basketball with the 2017 PIAA Class 6A crown. The 2017 McDonald’s All-American selection scored 1,828 career points to surpass former NBA player Donyell Marshall’s school record. ESPN’s 18th-ranked prospect in the Class of 2017 could have followed the elite norm by signing with Kentucky, Arizona, Syracuse or Villanova, but he instead chose the University of Miami. Walker帶領雷丁高中贏得了2017年賓州高中籃球賽的冠軍。在2017 麥當勞全美選拔賽上 ,Walker得到了1828 分,超過了前NBA 球員Donyell Marshall的記錄。在ESPN的2017梯 次18歲排名預測中,他本可以跟隨著同梯菁英與Kentucky, Arizona, Syracuse 或 Villanova等名校簽約,但是他卻選擇了邁阿密大學。 Walker averaged 11.5 points, 2.6 rebounds and 1.5 assists while shooting 34.6 percent from 3-point range in 27.8 minutes per game for the Hurricanes last season as a true freshman. On April 4, he tweeted his decision to enter the NBA draft. Walker作為新秀,去年在颶風隊平均每場出場27.8 分鐘,得到11.5 分,2.6 次籃板以及 1.5 次助攻,三分線外的命中率為34.6%。4 月4 號,他決定參加NBA選秀。 On what he can bring to the NBA next season, Walker said: “Just the overall aspect offensively and defensively. I feel like defensively, I can guard either a 1 [point guard], 2 [shooting guard] or 3 [small forward]. And then offensively, I can shoot with the best of them. I’m athletic. I can jump with the best of them. So whatever my team needs me to do, I’ll make sure I don’t let my team down. 談到自己能給NBA帶來什麼的時候,Walker說:“就是整體的進攻和防守。我喜歡防守, 我可以打1到3號位。在進攻上,我的投籃很出色,我的運動能力、跳躍也很棒。所以不論 我的球隊需要我做什麼,我會確保自己不讓他們失望。” “I wanted the challenge. I felt like physically and mentally I covered all aspects of the game. And the only way for me to improve myself and continue to get better is to take that next step and challenge myself.” “我想要挑戰。我感覺我的身心都已經全方位的為比賽準備好了。提高我自己的唯一方法 就是往前走並挑戰自我。” Walker said he is working on his aggressiveness offensively, ball handling, left-hand skill set and body strength. He was measured with a 6-foot-10½ -inch wingspan and a 40-inch vertical at the NBA pre-draft camp in Chicago. Walker說他在增加自己進攻的侵略性、運球、左手的技術以及身體的力量。在芝加哥的 NBA選前營裡,他的臂展測量出來為6 尺10.5 吋,垂直起跳高度為40 吋。 One longtime NBA scout told The Undefeated that he expects Walker to be drafted in the Nos. 9-15 range. 一位NBA 資深球探告訴本報,Walker會在9到15順位之間被選中。 “He’s a good player who is very athletic,” the scout said. “He has a lot of NBA interest. He can get off the floor and go up in traffic. He has to tighten his handle and become a better passer. But he has impressive athleticism and is a very likable prospect.” “他是一位運動能力非常強的球員”這位球探說道,“他有許多NBA有興趣的能力。He can get off the floor(不知道是什麼意思)、他可以在碰撞後出手。他還必須加 強運球和傳球。但他有令人印象深刻的運動能力和光明的未來。” Walker made the 2018 All-Academic Atlantic Coast Conference team. He said it is important for him to eventually earn his bachelor’s degree in business and that “knowledge is the most powerful thing known to man.” Walker said his grandmother and father have always preached the importance of academics to him. 沃克加入了2018 年大西洋沿岸學術會議。他說這對他獲得商業的學士成績很重要,而且 「知識是人類最所知的最強大的事情」。Walker說他的奶奶和父親都告誡過他專業知識的 重要性。 “Academics was the end-all, be-all, before anything, before basketball, before any sport,” Walker said. “Knowledge and intelligence and getting that degree, later on the road, is what’s going to make you and keep you from not just being a temporary [NBA] player. Sooner or later, I want to make an impact and change the world, so getting that diploma, getting that degree, it means so much to me. Continue to gain knowledge in life.” “學術知識是最重要的,排在籃球和其他運動的前面。”Walker說到。“學習知識、智慧 ,獲得學位,在往後的路上,這能讓你免於只做一個暫時性的NBA球員。總有一天,我想 要影響和改變世界,所以獲得學位對我來說是非常重要的事情。我會持續在生命中學習 知識。” Walker told media at the NBA pre-draft camp: “When you talk about facts and things of that nature, it’s amazing to me we’ve discovered so much about this world, yet we don’t anything about this world.” Asked whether he thought the Earth was flat or round, Walker said, “The Earth is not flat, in my opinion, but the Earth, on my conspiracy, the Earth is definitely an illusion.” 在選前營裡,Walker告訴媒體:“當談論到自然界的事物,總是使我感到驚奇。我們在這 整個世界發現了許多,但仍有不了解這世界的所有一切。”在被問及地球是平的還是圓的 時候,Walker認為,”我認為地球不是平的,在我的陰謀論中,地球毫無疑問的是幻覺。 ” Walker went to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago the day before he worked out for the Bulls. He is constantly feeding his thirst to learn about “almost every aspect of life” and often watches Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel. 在為公牛隊試訓前,他參觀了芝加哥自然和工業博物館。他持續對於學習「生命的各個方 面」感到飢渴,他喜歡看《動物星球》和《探索頻道》。 “Just looking at Third World countries, religions, cultures, and seeing the outside world,” Walker said. “Being able to grow and see different perspectives in life is what interests me. Continue to gain knowledge. So, growing up, this is what I love to do. Outside of basketball, I love to gain knowledge and become smarter and watch things that not too many people really watch.” “就是看看第三世界國家、宗教、文化,看看外面的世界”,Walker解釋道,“能夠成長 並見識生活的各個方面是我的興趣。我喜歡持續的學習知識、成長。在籃球之外,我喜歡 獲取知識、變得更聰明並觀看事物,那些沒有太多人會認真觀看的事物。” As for his unique hairstyle, Walker said he does not plan on changing it anytime soon. 說起他獨一無二的“鳳梨頭”,Walker說他近期還不打算換髮型。 “When it gets a little too dangerous and I can’t play with, then it will be time to cut it off,” he said. “But this is what defines Lonnie Walker, and I think it’s unique to have my own status.” “當它變得有點危險並且我不再從中得到快樂時,我就會剪掉它。”他說。“但是這就 是Lonnie Walker,我認為擁有我自己的地位是很獨特的。” With a versatile game and a variety of interests, Walker will certainly be different from the norm as he arrives in the NBA. 有著多功能的比賽技巧和多種興趣,Walker到NBA之後將持續不同於其他同儕。 “I’m kind of level-headed, but I’ve still got a lot to prove and show the world who I am,” he said. “我是個沉穩的傢伙,但我還需要做許多事來證明給這個世界看,我是個怎麼樣的人。” 他說。 心得:這篇文章有點久了,是2018/6/20的文章,不過版上似乎沒人轉,想說翻譯一下 順便了解一下這位有趣的新秀。也希望今年他在我刺的後衛海中能有亮眼的表現~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 150.116.182.1 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Spurs/M.1531728470.A.C3C.html

07/16 16:44, 6年前 , 1F
先搶贏Forbes再說吧
07/16 16:44, 1F

07/16 19:39, 6年前 , 2F
感謝
07/16 19:39, 2F

07/16 19:41, 6年前 , 3F
感覺是腦袋不錯又很活潑那種
07/16 19:41, 3F

07/16 20:37, 6年前 , 4F
有追蹤他的ig 他真的蠻瘋的
07/16 20:37, 4F