[翻譯] Becky Hammon藉著執教馬刺隊排除了障礙

看板Spurs作者 (kimi~)時間8年前 (2015/07/13 05:17), 8年前編輯推噓13(1303)
留言16則, 15人參與, 最新討論串1/1
呃標題下得好爛Q_Q 原文縮網址: http://goo.gl/YkKhr3 Hammon chips away at barrier by leading Spurs Assistant takes reigns as first woman coach in Summer League Hammon 藉由執教馬刺隊排除了障礙,成為第一個執教夏季聯盟的女性 By. Shaun Powell, Jul 11, 2015 --- LAS VEGAS — It was almost as if the basketball gods were unsure and skeptical about this whole idea of a woman coaching an NBA game. Why else would the gods give Becky Hammon the ball in the final 25 seconds against the Knicks with her team down three points in her NBA head coaching debut in the Summer League? 幾乎連籃球之神都不能確定且懷疑 身為一位女性要在NBA執教的想法。 否則為什麼在Becky Hammon初次執教的登板中,在對戰尼克隊最後25秒的三分球會落空呢? That meant Hammon had to prove herself pronto. She had to draw up an important play for the Spurs while everyone surely watched intently, no different than needing to perform an emergency root canal on your first day out of dental school. 這表示Hammon必須在短時間內證明她自己。當每個人都緊盯著她時,她必須在重要時刻 畫好戰術板,這跟你從牙醫學院畢業的第一天就必須做好根管手術沒什麼兩樣。 After the timeout, the Spurs ran the play ... poorly. The ball couldn't find an open man, and meanwhile, the shot clock ticked away. Hammon reacted quickly with 16 seconds left, raced to a referee with clipboard in hand and called another timeout so the Spurs could, as she later said, "get it right." 結束暫停之後,馬刺隊跑了戰術……糟透了。球無法傳到有空檔的人手上,然而時間已經 快不夠了。時間只剩下最後16秒,Hammon很快地反應過來,拿著戰術板跑向裁判要求暫停 ,而後她對球員們說:「好好執行。」 She didn't blame the players, which means she aced the first lesson of Coaching 101. 她並沒有責備球員,這讓她在第一堂執教課程獲得高分。 "I didn't draw it up clear enough," she said. 「我沒有把戰術解釋地很清楚,」她說道。 The revised play went smoothly. It looked familiar. It was Spurs-like, something straight out of the Pop Playbook. There was no isolation clear-out, a desperate play you see so many times on the last possession in the NBA. Rather, the ball touched four different hands and then found its way to Jarrell Eddie, wide open in the right corner. 修訂過後的戰術頗順,且看似非常熟悉,就是個出自於Popo教科書的馬刺樣。 看過了NBA那麼多次的絕殺,場上的空間沒有任何空隙。然而,球觸碰到四個不同球員的 手,Jarrell Eddie在右方角落的空檔接獲了球。 He missed, but Hammon didn't. 他投丟了,但Hammon沒有。 The NBA Summer League is commonly used as a laboratory for players, referees, rules ... and now, female coaches. Here in Las Vegas, three females are on benches. Hall of Famer Nancy Lieberman is assisting with the Kings and auditioning for a permanent role with the team this season and former WNBA player Lindsey Harding is a guest of the Raptors. But the privilege of being a female "first" belongs to Hammon, fresh off her first year on Gregg Popovich's staff and now, head coach of an NBA summer league team. NBA的夏季聯盟通常被視為球員、裁判、規則…等的實驗室,而現在還包含了女教練。 現在拉斯維加斯這裡,有三位女性在板凳上。名人堂球員Nancy Lieberman在國王隊協助 球隊並試著成為該隊本季的固定班底,而WNBA球員Lindsey Harding則是暴龍隊的賓客。 但有資格被稱為"第一位"女性的特權歸屬於Hammon,才剛在Popo身旁工作第一年,如今 是NBA夏季聯盟球隊的主教練。 She fit like any male coach in Vegas, the only difference being her voice was softer. Last season, as the junior coach on staff, Hammon sat behind the Spurs' bench, not next to Popovich. But Pop put her in charge of the Vegas operation, partly because he felt comfortable enough with her, and also because Pop wants to advance the notion of a woman coaching in a men's league. 她與其他男性教練一樣適合於此,唯一不同的是她的聲音輕柔的多。在上季身為一個新手 教練,Hammon都是坐在馬刺的板凳後面,而不是Popo旁邊。但Popo讓她負責拉斯維加斯的 比賽,一部分是因為對Hammon感到自在合適,且也想促進女性也能在充滿男人的聯盟裡執 教的想法。 Nobody's quite sure where this is headed or how quickly. Will the NBA have its first female head coach in the foreseeable future? And if so, will she be Hammon? Coaching on the highest level can get very political. There are only 30 jobs and they don't come easily even to experienced coaches; Hammon has never been a coach on any level until now. It's about timing and networking and persistence and sometimes they're not always in your favor. But Hammon's ace card is Pop, the winningest active coach in basketball; and by extension, the Spurs organization, regarded as the finest in all professional sports. 沒有人能夠確定會從哪裡或是多快會出現。在未來NBA會有第一個女性主教頭嗎?倘若成 真,那會是Hammon嗎?在最高殿堂執教可以獲得許多權力,畢竟在NBA只有30個名額,即 使是執教經驗豐富的教練也不見得能獲得這份工作;而Hammon在此之前,都沒有在其他地 方執教過。這份工作與時機、人脈及持久性息息相關,而且有時候並不會事事盡如意。 但Hammon的王牌是Popo--在NBA獲得千勝且依然活躍中的教頭;此外還有馬刺隊的組織 --被視為職業運動最優秀的典範。 If Pop one day gives another team a glowing recommendation of Hammon, how could that team resist? 如果有一天,Popo把Hammon推薦給另一隻球隊,他們怎麼會說不呢? Before that happens, Hammon will need to work her way up the Spurs' bench and sit next to Popovich for at least a year. The Hawks' Mike Budenholzer, the reigning Coach of the Year, didn't get his break until he served as Pop's assistant for 16 years. Given the uniqueness of her situation, and the track record of the NBA as a progressive league, Hammon won't need to wait that long once she gets the Popovich Blessing. 在這件事發生之前,Hammon仍必須繼續完成她在馬刺隊板凳的工作,且至少還需要坐在 Popo身旁一年。甫獲得年度最佳總教練的老鷹隊Mike Budenholzer也是在Popo身旁協助了 16年才得以出頭天。考慮到Hammon的情況特殊,且要成為NBA的政績以被外界認為是個進 步的聯盟,Hammon或許不需要等待這麼久就可以得到Popo的祝福了。 But first things first, as Lieberman said. Just getting to the point of coaching in the summer league qualifies as a breakthrough. 但如同Lieberman所言,首要的事情即是能在夏季聯盟得到執教資格,就是一個突破了。 "She has such a great opportunity in front of her," said Lieberman. "And it's fantastic. They couldn't have chosen anyone better than Becky. We've been friends for years and I'm so proud of her." 「在她的面前有一個如此好的機會,」Lieberman說道,「這真的太棒了!他們不可能有 比Becky更好的人選!我們是多年來的好朋友,我替她感到十分驕傲。」 Strangely enough, Lieberman had tried for years to join an NBA staff and thought that after coaching in the WNBA and the Mavericks' D-League team, her calling was imminent. Hammon was sensitive about this after being chosen by the Spurs. 奇怪的是,多年來Lieberman已經嘗試要加入NBA的工作,而且她已經執教過WNBA及小牛隊 的發展聯盟,這份工作應當即將來臨。所以Hammon在被馬刺隊指名後感到有些敏感。 Lieberman: "She text me and said, `I'm sorry.' I got on the phone and said `I'm going to kick your behind. Don't ever say you're sorry. You're opening up a door.' It doesn't matter who opens that door, as long as somebody does it. I'm just happy to be a good friend and a mentor." Lieberman說:「她發了短信給我『我很抱歉。』我打了電話給她並說 "我要踢你的後背 !別再說抱歉,你開啟了一扇門呢!"是誰開啟了那扇門並不重要,只要有人打開就好了 。身為她的良師益友我非常開心。」 Lieberman was invited by George Karl to help with the Kings' summer league team and blushed when one of the players approached and said his mother raved about Lieberman, one of the early pioneers of women's professional basketball. The Kings will decide on her fate and role soon. Lieberman被George Karl邀請至國王隊的夏季聯盟幫忙,當一位球員跟她說他母親欣喜若 狂地討論著身為女性職業籃球員的先鋒Lieberman,她感到有點害羞。國王隊將會很快地 決定她未來的命運和角色。 "When George said she was working for us in the summer I got so excited," said Kings GM Vlade Divac. "I've got so much respect for her. We are willing to make her a part of the new wave." 「當George跟她說她要在夏季聯盟上工,我感到非常振奮,」國王隊總管Vlade Divac說 道,「我對她非常感到尊敬,我們願意讓她成為這新潮流的一份子。」 Hammon embraces not only the challenge of being a head coach, but the impact it could have on the game and women in sports. Those in the Spurs' organization give her strong marks for work ethic and speaking up in coaches meetings. Meanwhile, Hammon believes she couldn't be groomed in a better place, being in the company of Pop and the Spurs. Hammon所擁有的不只是身為一個主教練的挑戰,另一方面的影響是在於運動比賽及女性。 在馬刺隊的組織下,她得到了偌大的職業道德及教練會議上的發言權。然而,Hammon相信 她無法在一個比有Popo跟馬刺隊更好的地方被訓練。 "If Henry Ford came back and said `Hey, let me show you how to make cars,' anybody who doesn't jump on that opportunity is crazy," Hammon said. "I'm learning all sorts of things not only about Xs and Os but also how to handle a team, how to talk to the guys. I feel like I'm just a flower getting great roots, but far from blooming. Far from blooming." 「如果Henry Ford說 "嘿,讓我教你怎麼製造車子",誰如果有這機會卻沒有撲過去,那 他一定是瘋了!」Hammon說道,「我學習任何的事情,不只單單是錯或是對,還有該如何 去管理操作球隊,如何與大夥們對話。我覺得我像是一朵擁有良好根系的花朵,但離綻放 還差得遠。」 She's also aware that everyone's watching and forming their opinions and, in some cases, changing their opinion. 她也明白每個人都在關注並產生自己的意見,而在某些時候,又會改變意見。 "I think it's important that women be rewarded for their brains as much as any guy," she said. "This is really about the bigger picture. You want to make sure that when your wife or daughter goes in for a job interview, she gets the same opportunity that a guy gets, whether it's in basketball or the Army or the operating room. We want women there. Statistics will tell you that it's important that a woman is in the mix." 「我認為對於女性不輸給男人們的腦袋予以等同的回報是很重要的,」她說:「這真的是 一件非常重要的事情。你想要確保當你的妻子或女兒在外面找工作,她和男人們有相同的 機會得到工作,無論是在籃球上、軍隊上或是手術房中。我們希望有女人在這裡。統計會 顯示女人在群體中是很重要的。」 When it comes to basketball in general and specifically the NBA, Hammon sense that change is coming. If a woman with a solid basketball background and a smooth track record in working with men is up for a head coaching job, how many interviews will it take before she lands it? In the perfect world, she'll get a job and then get fired if she doesn't win, like any male. 而提到籃球,而特別是在NBA時,Hammon感覺有什麼改變正在發生。如果一位女性具 有深厚的籃球背景,且具有跟男人一樣的主教練工作,那麼在她正式站穩這工作前會有多 少面談的機會?在理想的世界裡面,她會得到一份工作,並在無法取勝後被炒魷魚,就跟 男性一樣。 "There are so any capable female minds who are in the basketball world," said Hammon. "Why not have them in the mix as coaches? We bring another perspective. In our film room and coaches room with the Spurs, different perspectives are welcome. In fact, they're encouraged. That way, we can sharpen each other and come to the best conclusion." 「有許多有能力的女性很在乎誰會在籃球界裡,」Hammon說,「為什麼不把她們招集作為 教練呢?我們會對事物帶來不同的看法。在馬刺隊的影片室及教練房間裡,很樂見於不同 的意見。實際上,他們也被鼓勵。因此,我們可以互相切磋,並得到最好的結論。」 Hammon nearly came to a winning conclusion Saturday against the Knicks when she called timeout and everyone huddled around. This was a watershed moment for her and by extension, those she represents. After the final buzzer and a five-point loss, the head coach in training did have one request, though. 當Hammon在星期六對戰尼克的比賽中叫了暫停並大家都圍著她時,她是如此地接近勝利。 對她而言這是一個分水嶺,且她代表了這一切。即使最後終場哨音響起,五分差的輸球, 身為訓練中的主教練這確實是一個必要的請求。 "Do I want it to go down to the wire for every game? No," she laughed. "That's freaking stressful." 「我希望每場比賽都要到最後一刻才分出勝負嗎?才不呢。」她笑道:「這太令人緊張 了。」 --- 從NBA官網上看到的文章。 身為女生,看到第一個執教夏季聯盟的女教練、又是馬刺出品,覺得非常開心 順手翻了一下 (翻超久Q_Q...),有些語句不通順或語焉不詳的地方請拜託指教! 謝謝:D -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 218.187.127.249 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Spurs/M.1436735859.A.3ED.html ※ 編輯: kimisky (218.187.127.249), 07/13/2015 05:34:37

07/13 05:43, , 1F
PUSH
07/13 05:43, 1F

07/13 06:20, , 2F
07/13 06:20, 2F

07/13 07:55, , 3F
popo想法真的蠻前衛的
07/13 07:55, 3F

07/13 07:57, , 4F
大推
07/13 07:57, 4F

07/13 09:15, , 5F