Fw: [外絮] Q&A with … Gregg Popovich

看板Spurs作者 (Norkese)時間11年前 (2012/09/06 21:11), 編輯推噓10(1000)
留言10則, 10人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 NBA 看板 #1GI8QsIk ] 作者: lollygagger (chivalry's alive) 看板: NBA 標題: [外絮] Q&A with … Gregg Popovich 時間: Thu Sep 6 19:19:14 2012 省話教頭,人稱記者鬼見愁的 Pop (http://0rz.tw/cBlHi) 在馬刺官網跟網友聊開了… http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/120830_pop_mailbag Q&A with…Gregg Popovich Posted on August 30, 2012 at 5:13 pm by Dan McCarney | in Spurs Ben Swanson Location: Chapel Hill, NC Question: What is your favorite thing a reporter has ever asked you? Gregg Popovich: (Chuckles) I’m just going to assume that I’ve never had a favorite. I’ve had some real wing-dingers that they’ve asked me but I can’ t say they’re favorites. 北卡羅萊州的班.史旺森問道:記者問過你成千上萬的問題,你最愛他們問什麼? Gregg Popovich:(咭咭輕笑)我只想說,我從來沒有什麼最愛的。有些問題真的像 小仙子般甜美,不過,我可沒辦法說給記者問東問西是我的最愛。 Sean Location: California Question: Do you golf? What's your handicap? GP: I think the last time I golfed was about 10 or 12 years ago, honestly. I really love being near a golf course, they’re beautiful, and I’ve been at events at golf courses, but I haven’t stepped out and hit a ball in over 10 years. It takes too much time. I’ve got other things I’d rather do. 加州的史恩:你打高爾夫嗎?你的差點(handicap)是多少? GP:老實說,我最近一次打高爾夫,已經是10或12年前的事了。我很喜歡去 球場,那裏景色優美壯麗,也曾經去高爾夫球場參加活動,但是真的下場揮竿,已 經是超過十年前的往事了。打小白球太花時間,花同樣時間我會比較想做點別的。 Michael Location: Australia Question: Hi Pop, what do you think Patty Mills brings to the Spurs this season after seeing his Olympic performance? GP: Well, I didn’t need to see his Olympic performance to know what he can bring, it’s just that he came to us so late last year it was really hard to incorporate him into what we were doing. But he’s an aggressive, fiery, offensive player. He can shoot the three and really score, and that’s what he looks to do when he comes in the game. So he’ll be a game-changer in that sense, at the offensive end. And defensively he’s kind of like a pest—he’s not very big but he’s really a gamer. He’s got great courage and he gets into people, trying to really bother them and get them off their game. So his competitiveness and offensive skills are what we’re looking forward to mostly. 澳洲的麥可:Hi Pop,看了 Patty Mills 奧運的表現(譯按 http://0rz.tw/LDDBl) 你覺得新球季他能為馬刺帶來什麼新氣象? GP:我不用看奧運也明白他的本事,只是上季他來得太晚,短短幾個月要讓他融入球 隊的體系,其實非常困難。但,他是個積極進取的進攻球員,能投外線,也很能在禁區 得分,打起球來有內外兼備的得分意識。 所以,從這點看來,在進攻端,他有能力影響比賽走向。而防守方面,他有點像是人的 眼中釘、肉中刺,不是太大隻,但相當有手腕。膽識過人,有本領把對手搞得毛毛燥燥 、心煩意亂,沒辦法發揮實力。他的企圖心和進攻技巧是我們最期待的。 Josh Guyer Location: Houston, TX Question: Where is your favorite vacation destination? GP: Well I went up to Montana, up into the mountains fishing this year with some friends, and I had never been to Montana to do that before so that was a new thing. Other than that I didn’t do anything that was exciting or of note. 德州的賈許.蓋爾:你最喜歡去哪度假? GP;今年我跟幾個朋友去了蒙大拿,還上山去釣了魚,以前去那裏沒真的上山過,這次 是破題兒頭一遭。我今年休賽季好像就醬,沒幹什麼別的新鮮事。 Stephen Gonzalez Location: San Antonio Question: Seeing as how well the offense came together last season, is defense a bigger priority throughout training camp? GP: You know it’s always a priority with us, but you know we’re never going to reach the level that we were at five, six years ago defensively. It’s just impossible to do that for a variety of reasons. But it still has to be an emphasis, we can get better and we have to if we want to compete with these guys that, as you said, added so many players to their team. 聖安東尼奧的史蒂芬.龔:上季我們的進攻很不錯,這次季前訓練營是否應該先加強 防守? GP:你知道的,一直以來馬刺都相當著重防守,然而你也明白,我們已永遠不復五 、六年前那種防守力度了。原因不一而足,總之我們是回不去了。 但我們仍舊奉防守為王道,這方面我們可以做得更好,也必須做得更好,否則在聯盟怎麼 跟人家竸爭?而且,就像你講的,人家還找了那麼多幫手。 Ryan Location: Los Angeles Question: Who are some of your favorite musical artists, and any amazing live shows you've seen come to mind? GP: The last live show I’ve seen was Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. And they're still one of my favorites, you know the old stand-bys. I was a big Motown guy for a long time, being from that part of the country, and that sort of morphed into Jimmy Hendrix, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Led Zepplin, those kind of guys. And being here in Texas you can’t help but hear country music here and there. Everybody takes a different path in life and about three years ago I started listening to a Patsy Cline album and it just blew me away. I just am still amazed by her voice, and the guys and my family say "jeez, are we going to listen to that again?” So that’s the newest one, and another one: Terri Clark. Somebody gave me a CD by her, a country gal, and I love it. It’s really great. So I listen to that, and everything else is sort of foreign. It’s Egyptian, Usef, he’s an Egyptian guy, or Turkish music. That kind of thing. So pretty strange, a lot of different things. What about any of Stephen Jackson’s? Jack used to try to give me some of his tapes, but, first of all I couldn’t even understand what was going on, and some of them you could even dance to, but once I started hearing what they were saying and everything I just gave them back. 洛杉磯的萊恩:你喜歡哪些歌手?有看過什麼令你驚豔的現場表演? GP:我最近一次看現場表演是去看 Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young(譯按: http://0rz.tw/6FVLU),我的愛團之一。他們真是歷久彌新的經典。 長久以來我都是個汽車大鎮男孩,從小在那一帶長大,聽的音樂也很底特律(譯按: 其爵士、非洲音樂頗富盛名),後來漸漸愛上吉米漢醉克斯(譯http://0rz.tw/hnKl3)、 Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young、齊柏林(譯按 http://0rz.tw/Q8YR9)這類的搖滾掛。 現在人在德州,難免常常聽到鄉村樂。每個人其實都有不同的際遇,就像三年前我開始 聽 Patsy Cline(譯按 http://0rz.tw/dCmZN)的專輯,真是讓我心醉沉服。她的嗓音 令人著迷,隊上那些傢伙,還有我家人都受不了我,老嚷嚷著「拜託,又要聽那個了嗎 ?不~~~」 總之,我最近迷上的就是 Patsy。還有一個 Terri Clark。有人給了我一張她的CD, 是個鄉村女孩,很好聽,我也喜歡。除了這些,其他都是異國音樂,像埃及有個叫 Usef 的,還有土耳其音樂這類的。其實很奇怪,我聽的東西還滿雜的。 洛杉磯的萊恩又問:那 Stephen Jackson 的饒舌你聽不聽?(http://0rz.tw/1i74wGP:他是有給我幾捲他的錄音帶聽,可是首先,我根本搞不懂他在幹嘛,唱歌 還是唸經啊。而且他有些東西甚至沒有旋律,連拿來舞上一曲也沒辦法。有一次, 我仔細聽他在唸些什麼,結果不聽還好,一聽之下,我就把帶子還給他了。 Lucas Hong Location: Idaho Falls, ID Question: What kind of season do you see Kawhi Leonard having next season? Also, where do you see him in five years? GP: I think he’s going to be a star. And as time goes on, he’ll be the face of the Spurs I think. At both ends of the court, he is really a special player. And what makes me be so confident about him is that he wants it so badly. He wants to be a good player, I mean a great player. He comes early, he stays late, and he’s coachable, he’s just like a sponge. When you consider he’s only had one year of college and no training camp yet, you can see that he’s going to be something else. 愛達荷州的盧卡斯.洪:你覺得 Kawhi Leonard 下季會有怎樣的表現?還有, 五年後他的光景又如何? GP:我覺得他會成為大明星。給他幾年,他有機會長成馬刺的看板人物。在攻守兩 端,他都極有天賦。而且,我為什麼對他那麼有信心,因為他自己就非常想成為一個 厲害的球員、一個偉大的球員。這種自發向上的心是教不來的。 練球他永遠是比人早來,比人晚走。人又受教,就像個海棉一樣貪婪好學。何況他在 大學只打了一年球,進來聯盟又剛好碰上封館,沒有夏季聯盟和訓練營的洗禮。我實 在沒料到他能有這樣的進步曲線。 Mark H Location: San Antonio Question: With all these teams trying to stack their rosters over the summer, Lakers and Heat come to mind, how do you prepare yourself and the team for this coming season? GP: What other teams do is not in our control, so we'll worry about, as I said, incorporating Kawhi into the program more since he wasn’t here very long. Boris, Patty Mills, look for improvement in Danny Green, work our big guys. Tiago and DeJuan Blair I think are going to have very good seasons for us. So we’ll concentrate on that and what we need to do as a group, and we’ll see how we stack up. 聖安東尼奧的馬克.胡:很多球隊都趁休賽季,瘋狂地招兵買馬、競相擴充軍備,像 湖人、熱火等,教練準備如何應戰?又怎麼來幫馬刺備戰呢? GP:其他隊怎麼樣不在我的控制範圍之內,我們只要管好自己就好。至於備戰, 就像我剛講的,讓 Kawhi 對球隊的戰術應用更滾瓜爛熟,畢竟他才來不久。 Boris,Patty Mills 兩個幫忙練練隊上的長人,還有 Danny Green,讓他再進步一點。 Tiago 還有 DeJuan Blair 這季應該可以給我們很大的助益。基本上我們專注練這幾個 點,當然團體攻守默契也是練習重點。然後,就等開季看成果如何吧。 Daniel Brooks Location: Japan Question: What books are you reading in the offseason? GP: I usually have a group of books that I read at the same time because I never sit long with one and I’ve got something to do and get back to it, but at this point I’m close to finishing a book about Stalin and another book about Putin. And then on the fiction side I’m trying to get through a book called Ulysses, but I’m not man enough for it. Too difficult to understand, too many big words, concepts that are way over my head, but I’ve always told myself I have to tackle this. I do about every three years try to read it. I’ve never had success yet. 日本的丹尼.布魯克斯:休賽季你都看些什麼書? GP:我通常都同時看好幾本,因為每每屁股還沒坐熱,就有別的事得忙了, 所以都是一堆書,斷斷續續地、這本那本地看。最近有兩本傳記我快看完了, 一本寫史達林,一本寫普丁的。 小說的話,我最近試著啃《尤利西斯》,但很遺憾的,我不夠 man,所以沒能讀 完。這書寫得實在太費解,又有很多艱深的單字,概念意境也遠非我所能體會。 但是我一直勉勵自己克服這個《尤利西斯》障礙,我大概每隔三年就會試著重讀 這本書。目前為止,我還沒有成功讀完過。 Brian Lanot Location: Philippines Question: Hi Pop, what number did you use when playing basketball? Any particular reason you wore that number? GP: You know, I wore 20 and 21. Those were my numbers. I have no idea why I chose those but they were my numbers at the Air Force Academy. 菲律賓的布萊恩.連:Hi Pop,你當球員時穿幾號球衣?有什麼特別的原因嗎? GP:我穿20還有21號的球衣,只穿過這兩個號碼。我完全沒印象為什麼我 會選這兩個號碼,總之,這就是我在空軍官校打球時的背號。 Logan Location: Las Vegas, NV Question: How happy were you to be able to re-sign all of your free agents? GP: Well we thought we were very fortunate and we were very happy that we were able to sign our guys, that we could bring Boris back and Danny back. And they’re going to be even better for us this year, so that’s what we look for in improvement, for them to understand the system more, for Kawhi Leonard to be here in training camp, and so in a sense those three guys are like new players for us. We regard them almost like free agents, and we look forward to them rounding out the group that’s been here. 拉斯維加斯的羅根:把隊上的自由球員都簽回來了,你有多高興呀? GP:我覺得馬刺真的相當幸運,我們也非常非常高興可以留住這些人,跟 Boris 還有 Danny 續約。新球季他們帶給隊上的幫助會更大,這也是我們一 直要求期盼的:球員可以不斷進步,對體系更駕輕就熟。 今年 Kawhi 有完整的季前訓練了,這也是他們三個第一次一起參加訓練營, 所以就這點看,他們就跟新進球員差不多。我也幾乎當他們是剛簽來的自由球 員,打算好好磨磨他們,讓他們能快點跟隊上老鳥融合得更好。 Erwin Location: New York, NY Question: Hello Coach Popovich, since your team is one that has greatly used international scouting and are constantly adding new international players, what is the biggest adjustment international players have to make when going to the NBA? GP: I think initially it’s just getting used to the players they’re playing against, and getting a feel for how the game flows. How referees call things, and how a game flows, but socially all these guys are more worldly than most American players, they’ve played on teams over there and travelled to many countries, they know several languages, so socialization is not a big deal at all. It’s just getting used to the league. 紐約的雅雯:哈囉,帕波維奇教練,你好。你的馬刺是全聯盟數一數二敢大膽重用 外國球員的隊伍,請問外籍球員來到NBA,最需要哪些調適呢? GP:剛開始就是得習慣聯盟的球員,習慣每天晚上的對手,適應NBA比賽的節 奏,觀察裁判會怎麼吹判...等。不過,社交上來說,我看過的外籍球員,其實比 大部份的美國球員更有歷練。他們都在歐洲職籃待過,週遊列國的打球,各國語言 都能說上幾句。所以,適應美國完全不是問題,重點是適應NBA。 Sathiyan Location: Berkeley, CA Question: Who was the most coachable player you have ever had on your roster? GP: Over all my time? Wow. I would say that we’ve had a steady stream of players that have been very team-oriented. And usually when people are team-oriented they’re also very coachable, so it’s hard to pick. I’d say the guy I’ve been toughest on, and he’s come through it all, is Tony Parker. In that sense, he’s listened to me and believed in what I told him even when he was angry with me or at times didn’t understand what I was talking about. But he trusted me, and I’ll always appreciate that. 加洲的薩昔雅:請問在你隊上待過的球員裏,誰最受教? GP:從以前到現在嗎?Wow,讓我想想......馬刺一向不乏以球隊為重的球員。 而以團隊為重、個人事小的人,通常也非常受教,所以叫我選一個實在太為難我了。 要說我對誰最兇、最嚴厲,而他也接受的,就屬 Tony Parker 了。要接受教練在大 庭廣眾下兇你,可不件容易的事。但 Tony 會聆聽、也相信我的話,既使他在生我的 氣,或者聽不太懂我意思的時侯,他也一樣會照我講的去做。因為他全心信任我,我 也永遠感激他這麼信任我。 Deanna Location: San Antonio Question: Pop, what is your assessment of the Spurs players who played during the Olympics? GP: It was really a good experience for them. I know they all wanted to win medals and that sort of thing, but winning medals has often times got a lot more to do with circumstances and timing and those sort of things. You know Argentina’s best years were a few years ago when they were a little bit younger and a little bit deeper as a group, but I really enjoyed their competitiveness. Same with the French team, they went out and competed and did a great job, Tony leading the French obviously and Manu leading the Argentinians. Tiago did the same thing in Brazil, but you know Boris and Nando De Colo both played on the French team. So they all got good experience, and I think playing organized basketball in the summer is always a plus. 聖安東尼奧的狄安娜:Pop,你對馬刺球員在倫敦奧運的表現,評價如何呢? GP:奧運經驗對球員來講是件好事。我知道他們都想奪牌、想幫國家爭榮,但奪牌 這種事往往跟環境、機運有很大的關係。阿根廷隊最好的年華是在幾年前,當時他們 比較年輕,隊上板凳也比現在深,但我還是樂見他們出去跟人競爭。 法國隊也是,在 Tony 領軍之下打了幾場好球,Manu 則帶領阿根廷。Tiago 領著巴西 ,Boris 跟 Nando De Colo 兩個也幫法國打球。他們都得到了可貴的奧運經歷,我認 為趁暑假打打組識籃球,對球員絕對是加分。 Jose Location: San Antonio Question: What is a typical film room session like, and which elements do you particularly try to key in on, emphasize, or correct? GP: When we do films the first thing we do is try not to make them too long, because I think that players know pretty quickly what you’re talking about and what your point is. Beating them over the head with an hour film reaches a point of diminishing returns, so we’ll usually pick out a couple of items on defense and a couple of items on offense. Like, how successful we were regarding the pick and roll in a previous game, or on offense how well we move the ball or what the pace of the game might have been. Just show them three or four clips in each area that exemplify what we’re trying to get across, and because they’re intelligent guys, that’s really all that’s necessary. 聖安東尼奧的荷西:球員在影片室都看些什麼?有哪些元素是你給球員看影片時, 會特別強調的? GP:給球員看影片時,最重要的一件事就是,千萬別把影片剪太長。因為大家都 是聰明人,影片在講什麼,重點是怎樣,他們其實一點就通。用片長一小時的課程 疲勞轟炸球員,效果反而遞減。 所以,我們通常只檢討幾件事,例如上一場擋拆的情況,或者讓他們回顧一下球傳得 夠不夠,球的流動好不好,觀察一下比賽的節奏如何...等等。每個主題只要剪三、 四個片段為例,再加上我們在旁說明就措措有餘了。大家都不笨,用不著長篇大論的。 Adam Finch Location: Washington DC Question: I know you're a wine man, but I was wondering, what's your favorite beer? GP: Stroh's. In the tall bottle. 華盛頓特區的阿丹.芬奇:我知道你雅好紅酒,但我很好奇,啤酒你最喜歡哪個牌子? GP:Stroh's。高瓶身的。 Joseph Kuhl Location: Austin, TX Question: What advice do you have for aspiring basketball coaches (other than get Tim Duncan as your centerpiece)? GP:Buy a coat and a tie, and get a job. 德州的喬瑟夫.郭:對於有志執教籃球的人,你有什麼建議?當然,除了把 Tim Duncan 當基石之外。 GP:買套西裝,打好領帶,然後丟履歷。 -- 其實是衝著 Pop 也愛 60's rock,才動手翻的,不然實在太落落長了 lol -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 111.250.74.4

09/06 19:29, , 1F
的確很落落長~推翻譯
09/06 19:29, 1F

09/06 19:29, , 2F
09/06 19:29, 2F

09/06 19:29, , 3F
09/06 19:29, 3F

09/06 19:43, , 4F
POP聊開了XDDDD 音樂那邊講好多
09/06 19:43, 4F

09/06 20:26, , 5F
推翻譯!