Fw: [外絮] Magic are following the Spurs' Model

看板Spurs作者 (Norkese)時間11年前 (2012/08/03 22:17), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 NBA 看板 #1G6yqsDK ] 作者: lollygagger (chivalry's alive) 看板: NBA 標題: [外絮] Magic are following the Spurs' Model 時間: Fri Aug 3 21:08:01 2012 http://0rz.tw/Rz6Ww The Orlando Magic are following the San Antonio Spurs’ model 奧蘭多魔術隊想走馬刺模式 David Robinson, Gregg Popovich, Jacque Vaughn, Orlando Magic, R.C. Buford, Rob Hennigan, Tim Duncan — posted by Josh Robbins |Orlando Sentinel on August, 1 2012 11:47 AM The exact details of the Orlando Magic’s long-range plan remain unclear. But whatever path the team follows, it will bear the imprint of the San Antonio Spurs’ model. 奧蘭多魔術隊的長期規劃到底長怎樣,目前還看不太出來。不過,不論他們走什麼 路線,一定都會有馬刺模式的影子。 This past offseason, the Magic hired two products of the Spurs’ wildly prolific tree, and Magic executives have said publicly that they hope to replicate the Spurs’ success. 這個休季期間,魔術一連兩次人事地震,新官上任的都系出人才濟濟的馬刺團隊。 連魔術高層也公開表示,他們就是希望能複製馬刺的成功。 On June 20, the Magic hired Rob Hennigan as their new general manager. Hennigan started his post-college career as a Spurs intern in 2004 and spent a total of four seasons with the organization, ending his tenure in 2007-08 as the team’s director of basketball operations. From there, Hennigan spent four seasons with the Oklahoma City Thunder, whose basketball-operations department is headed by another former Spurs executive, Sam Presti. 今年六月二十日,魔術延攬 Rob Hennigan 來當新任總管。Hennigan 2004年大學畢業後 進馬刺實習,2007-8 當到了馬刺籃球事務部的主管。當了四年馬刺人後,又被前馬刺副 總管,時任雷霆隊籃球事務部頭兒的 Sam Presti 挖走,在雷霆也待了四年。 On Saturday, the Magic hired Jacque Vaughn as their new coach. Vaughn spent the last three seasons of his playing career in San Antonio and spent the last two seasons as an assistant coach, apprenticing under Gregg Popovich. 上禮拜六,魔術又禮聘 Jacque Vaughn 擔任總教頭。Vaughn 在馬刺渡過了球員生涯的 最後三年,接著任職助理教練,在 Pop 手下當了兩年學徒。 You could argue that the true stars of Vaughn’s introductory news conference Monday were Popovich and the franchise Popovich helped build. 你可以說,Vaughn 在魔術走馬上任的記者會上,最吸引人的明星不是 Vaughn,而是 Pop 和他幫忙打造的馬刺隊。 “Obviously,” Magic CEO Alex Martins said, “when you talk about the San Antonio Spurs, there are not many better in terms of the number of championships that they’ve won.” 魔術 CEO Alex Martins 說道:「很明顯的,當你講到馬刺,沒幾個球隊贏得過他們, 以冠軍戒指的數量來說。」 Vaughn named Popovich as one of the three coaches who have influenced him most. Vaughn 本人則說 Pop 是影響他最大的三個教練之一。 “The last five out of six years, I’ve been around a gentleman who just goes by the name of ‘Pop,’ ” Vaughn said. “I’ve emulated him. I’ve taken notes. I’ve shared an office. He’s been unbelievable to me to allow me to be around his brilliance, and for that, I thank him tremendously.” 「過去五年來,我跟一個名喚 Pop 的天才長相左右,」Vaughn 表示:「我能學的都 學了,我抄了無數筆記,我跟他共同管理一個辦公室。他對我的好真的沒話說,讓我 這樣跟隨他,向他學習。光憑這點,我就不知該怎麼謝他。」 The Magic would love to emulate the Spurs’ success. 魔術當然想藉這些前馬刺人,來重現馬刺的成功。 San Antonio is one of the smallest markets in the NBA, and yet the Spurs still have managed to win four league titles since 1998-99. 雖然聖安東尼奧是NBA裏數一數二的小市場,但是,1998-99 季以來,馬刺卻以小 搏大,贏了四次的總冠軍。 In June, shortly after the Magic hired Hennigan, I asked Spurs general manager R.C. Buford to explain how they’ve maintained that success. 六月,就在魔術挖角 Hennigan 後,我請馬刺總管 R.C. Buford 說明一下他們的成功 之道。 “You get Tim Duncan and David Robinson and don’t screw it up,” he initially answered. 「當你有了 Tim Duncan 和 David Robinson,要搞砸也很難好嗎。」他的第一反應。 He meant it only half-jokingly. 當然這只是他半開玩笑的說法。 The Spurs were downright lucky to win the 1987 and the 1997 draft lotteries and win the rights to select Robinson and Duncan, respectively, first overall. Robinson and Duncan are the rarest of superstars: true team-first guys. 沒錯,馬刺能在 1987, 1997 這兩年拿到樂透籤,還兩年都中頭獎,分別以第一順位選來 Robison 跟 Duncan 是幸運到不行。更別說這兩位狀元是聯盟中罕見,樂意以球隊為重的 超級球星。 But Buford’s initial comment also didn’t do the Spurs justice. 但是,Buford 第一時間的幸運說,似乎也不盡然能夠解釋馬刺的成功。 Although Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker rightly are hailed as stars now, it’s easy to forget that they were not lottery picks. 現在看來鬼切和跑車是閃亮亮的大明星了,但是很抱歉,這兩位當年都不在選秀的前 十四順位。 The Spurs selected Ginobili 57th overall in the 1999 draft. The Spurs selected Parker 28th overall in the 2001 draft. 馬刺在 1999 年以第一輪 57 順位迎來鬼切。在 2001 年以第一輪 28 順位選進跑車。 San Antonio deserves credit for scouting Ginobili and Parker, for evaluating them correctly and then for developing them into the players they’ve become. 我想馬刺選才、養兵的功力值得喝采。他們準確地評估了鬼切和跑車的潛力,而且選進 來後,也不留餘力,把他們栽培成現在的樣貌。 I asked Buford to describe the Spurs’ approach further. 我請 Buford 再說說馬刺的撇步、眉角在哪。 “It’s being around people who want to be part of something bigger than themselves, who are committed to working diligently together, and no matter what, there’s always a talent level that has to happen,” he answered. “But I think that also the character of the individual is reflected in the character of the team.” 「眉角就是,你要選那種願意成全球隊的人,要選那種願意和隊友一起打拼的人。而且 不論如何,天份還是不可或缺的要素。」他答道。「但我們一樣看重球員的個性,因為 球員的個性反映出球隊的特性。」 Hennigan and Vaughn each have used Buford’s phrase to describe the players they’re seeking: “people who want to be part of something bigger than themselves.” Hennigan 和 Vaughn 兩位也說了和 Buford 類似的話來描述他們在找的球員:「願意 成全球隊的人。」 To follow the Spurs’ model, the Magic will have to build through the draft. 要走馬刺的自己選人自己養的模式,魔術得從選秀做起。 They’ll have to make the most of all of their picks, but they likely will need some luck in the lottery. 魔術得好好利用手上的籤,但想拿樂透籤他們還需要一點運氣。 This is why the Magic might win long-term if they lose big in the short-term. 這就是為什麼,短期之內大輸特輸,長期來看對魔術是大有好處的。 Remember, the Spurs went 28-54 in the season before they drafted Robinson and 20-62 in the season before they drafted Duncan. 別忘了,馬刺選來大羅的前一季,戰績是恐怖的 28勝 54負;選進石佛之前,戰績更是 聯盟吊車尾的 20勝 62負。 Again, the details of the Magic’s long-term strategy remain unclear. 不過,我再次強調,魔術的長期策略,目前還不明確。 The franchise could speed up a rebuilding process by paring payroll and by signing a marquee free agent who would embrace a team-first philosophy. 要快速重建的話,他們可以把薪資空間清一清,好好在自由市場挑個能以球隊為重 的大牌。 Because of Florida’s warm weather and lack of a state income tax, the Magic have succeeded in landing free agents before — and they almost succeeded in prying Duncan out of San Antonio as a free agent in 2000. 因為佛羅里達溫暖宜人,又不用繳州稅,魔術曾獲得不少自由球員的青睞。在 2000 年 時,更差點就成功引來當時身為自由球員的石佛。 In the meantime, the Magic will stress player development. 同時,魔術也會著重球員的發展。 This past season, Popovich’s coaching staff featured four assistant coaches, including Vaughn, who did the game-planning and helped run practices. Two other assistant coaches focused more on player development. 過去這個球季,Pop 教練團有四位助理教練,包括 Vaughn 在內,他們擬定比賽計劃、 幫忙球隊練習。另外還有兩位助理教練,專門負責個別球員的養成。 Vaughn’s coaching staff could follow a similar model. Vaughn 教練的團隊也可以走類似的模式。 “Development will be a huge component of what we do here,” Vaughn said. “I think San Antonio has done a good job of capitalizing on that part of the market. They’ve taken guys drafted 50th and drafted in the second round and created spots for guys that were on the summer-league team and ended up being integral parts of the team. 「我在魔術的任務中,有一點很重要,就是好好養人,」Vaughn 說道:「我想馬刺在這 塊市場做得相當成功。他們可能只有五十順位的籤,但把人從第二輪選進來後,馬刺會 幫這些人在夏季聯盟找到他能發揮的位子,這樣的用心練兵之下,這些人往往成了馬刺 的中堅份子。」 “So for us I’m going to be a huge believer in development, and I’ll have guys on the staff that their focus will be development. But we all will touch the players every single day. I’m a huge believer in that.” 「所以來到魔術,我絕對會好好培養球員。我會找人專責這塊,而且教練團其他人成員 也會每天關心這些球員的成長。我是真心相信,自己養出想要的球員,是辛苦但正確之 道。」 Spoken like a true descendent of the San Antonio Spurs tree. 各位觀眾,魔術的新任總教練傑克馮,深黯養兵之道的馬刺出品。 -- 此文一出,nba.com 的 John Schuhmann 有不同看法。 http://0rz.tw/crpS3 Magic Want to be the Spurs (節錄) If it’s not the Spurs, teams want to emulate the Oklahoma City Thunder model, which, of course, was put together by another guy — Sam Presti — who was hired out of San Antonio years ago. The problem with those plans is that there is only one Tim Duncan. There is only one Kevin Durant. And really, there is only one Gregg Popovich. 這學的不是只馬刺,也是近年來由 Sam Presti 運籌帷幄的雷霆模式(雖然 Sam 也 是雷霆從馬刺挖角來的人。)問題在於,世界上只有一個石佛。世界上只有一個 KD。 而且,我說真的,這世界上只有一個波波維奇。 But you can’t just wait for another Duncan or Durant to come along. You have to make the most of the hand you’re dealt and formulate your own plan. Each of the last five championships have been won by teams (the Celtics, Lakers, Mavs and Heat) that went down different paths than the Spurs or Thunder did. 你不能等著下一個 Duncan 或 Durant 從天上掉下來。你得就手上現有的牌擬定自己 的一套戰略。過去五年的總冠軍(超塞,湖人,小牛,和熱火)哪一個不是走出了自 己一條路,他們有把刺雷那套照單全收嗎? If you’re looking three or four years ahead, there’s nothing on the current Magic roster worth building around, unless No. 19 pick Andrew Nicholson pans out. Hennigan can look to get prospects and picks in a Dwight Howard trade, but there aren’t any five-star prospects out there to acquire, and any picks they receive won’t be very high if they’re coming from a team that just got the three-time DPOY. 把眼光放遠在四、五年之後,魔術隊裏沒有可以當基石的人,除非 19順位的 Andrew Nicholson 打出來。Hennigan 可以期望魔獸交易能換來球隊的未來的核心和選秀權, 可是放眼望去,現在市場上五星級的大牌早被人追走了,而且一個只得過三次 DPOY 的魔獸,換來的權秀權也不會有多高順位。 So good luck, Orlando. Really, no matter how well the Magic plan, it’s going to take a lot of luck to get back to The Finals, given the position they’re currently in. 所以,奧蘭多,祝你好運,真的。不管魔術的如意算盤打得再精,照目前的狀況看來, 除非能有馬刺般無敵的好運道,他們很難重返爭冠之列。 -- 魔術前景,有人看好馬刺出品,有人看衰魔獸人生。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 111.250.75.232

08/03 21:09, , 1F
推pop
08/03 21:09, 1F

08/03 21:10, , 2F
差太多了 八字沒一撇
08/03 21:10, 2F

08/03 21:19, , 3F
光是制服組就差多了...更何況教練跟球員..
08/03 21:19, 3F

08/03 21:25, , 4F
首先要從杠杠開始(誤
08/03 21:25, 4F