[轉錄]Felix Mantilla宣佈退休

看板Spain_PL作者 (欸)時間16年前 (2008/04/08 08:55), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 Tennis 看板] 作者: Escude (竹黃池冷芙蓉死) 看板: Tennis 標題: Felix Mantilla宣佈退休 時間: Tue Apr 8 08:01:18 2008 http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/mantilla_retires.asp April 7, 2008 Mantilla Retires from Professional Tennis Former Top 10 player Felix Mantilla has announced his retirement from professional tennis, a year after returning to the ATP circuit following his successful fight against skin cancer. 前世界前十名的Felix Mantilla去年在成功對抗皮膚癌之後復出,如今宣佈了要 從職業網壇退休的聲明。 The 33-year-old Mantilla captured his final title in 2003 at the ATP Masters Series event in Rome, but he celebrated one of his most significant victories last year in his hometown event in Barcelona when he defeated Uzbekistani Farrukh Dustov in the first round. 現年33歲的Mantilla最後一個冠軍是2003年羅馬大師賽,但是他最重要的勝利 卻是去年在故鄉巴賽隆那第一輪打敗烏茲別克選手Farrukh Dustov一役。 When a wrist injury forced him to visit the doctor instead of attending a two-month training camp in Cuba in late 2005, the Spaniard learned that he had a cancerous mole on his back - which left undiagnosed could have been fatal. Mantilla had the mole removed and a follow-up biopsy showed he was cancer-free, but he still elected to sit out the 2006 season. 2005年末,他的腕傷使他不得不放棄古巴的訓練營,去看醫生,結果這位西班牙 人才知道他的背上長了有癌細胞的痣,若是不加以治療恐怕會致命。Mantilla 除掉了這顆痣,在後續追蹤的切片檢查顯示已無癌細胞,但是他還是選擇在2006 好好休息。 He said: "It was more psychological. I was afraid to be playing. I didn't like it. Maybe it's the reaction that happens when you have the shock, the doctor tells you that you can die and you say, 'Wait, I am going to try to enjoy my life like I want.' In that moment, tennis was not the first priority." 他說:「這是更屬於心理層面的(決定)。我當時害怕打球,不喜歡打球,也許 這就是發生這種震撼事情時的反應,醫生說你可能會死掉,你則想,『那我要試著 隨心所欲的享受我的人生。』那種狀況下,網球不是第一順位。」 But last April, a No. 1009-ranked Mantilla decided to step back onto the courts for the first time in 18 months, first at a Challenger event in Italy and then the ATP event in Barcelona. 但是去年四月,排名直落到1009的Mantilla決定重回他離開了十八個月的球場, 先在義大利打了挑戰賽,然後就是巴賽隆那的ATP賽事。 "I didn’t want to end my career in that moment [his cancer scare]," said Mantilla after his first round win in Barcelona. "I was a fighter during all my years and I wanted to decide to finish when I want, not in that moment. That’s why I came back. It’s important for me, also to be back out in the sun, how I react. 「我不希望我的職業生涯是停在那個時間點(癌症恐慌),」Mantilla在巴賽隆那 第一輪勝後這麼說。「我過去一直都是個鬥士,我希望我能夠在我想結束時決定結 束,而不是那樣子結束。這是我回來的原因。重新站在陽光下,我的反應如何,對 我來說也很重要。」 "Now, in this moment I am enjoying more the small things. The [first-round] win is bigger for me maybe than winning tournaments before. Maybe people don’t understand that but if I understand that myself, it’s enough." 「現在,此刻我更享受小瑣事,這(第一輪)勝利比過去我贏得冠軍時更讓我感到 意義重大,外人也許不理解,但是我自己知道也就夠了。」 It proved Mantilla's last match win at the ATP-level, as he fell in his opening round matches in his appearances at Amersfoort and Umag in July. In June, he came up just shy of the Challenger title in Reggio Emilia, Italy, losing to Frenchman Olivier Patience in a third set tie-break. 那場比賽是Mantilla在ATP等級賽事中的最後一場勝利,他接著在七月的Amersfoort 和Umag都是首輪出局。六月時他在義大利Reggio Emilia挑戰賽差點奪冠,第三盤 搶七輸給了法國的Olivier Patience。 Mantilla compiled a 313-218 ATP match record and 10 clay titles during his professional tennis career, enjoying his most successful season in 1997, when he won a career-high five titles in six finals and posted 42 clay victories. A year later, he broke into the Top 10 after reaching a Grand-Slam best semifinals at Roland Garros. Mantilla職網生涯313勝218敗,並有十座紅土冠軍。最成功的一年是1997年, 在六個決賽中奪得了生涯最豐收的五座冠軍,並且在紅土上有42場勝場。一年後 他在法網打出大滿貫最佳成績的四強後,排名進入世界前十。 祝Felix身體健康萬事如意。 -- FRA_hotties法國網球 國家體育場 汗水, 鬥志, 膽識 PttTennis 網球 Σ網球/國家/區域/球星 FRA_hotties 國家 ◎ ~~~法國網球,網球法國~~~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 82.15.254.248

04/08 08:11,
推! 祝福Felix! 請問可以轉錄西板嗎? :)
04/08 08:11

04/08 08:11,
please do :)
04/08 08:11
-- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.119.146.182
文章代碼(AID): #17-iA6qr (Spain_PL)