Mantilla Replies to Fans' Emails

看板Spain_PL作者 (花朵的殘酷)時間21年前 (2003/03/12 22:33), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/en/news/news844_rx.asp :) I watched you play Gambill at the Aussie Open a few weeks ago and noticed that when serving you don't put the spare ball in your pocket, but inside the leg of your shorts. Why do you do this, and how did it start? - Andrew When I was young I wore loose shorts and the ball would be a long way down in my pockets. When I hit my backhand I would always brush that ball in my pocket. The best way was to put it inside my shorts. I guess that makes me different to everyone else. What was your best victory on a non-clay court? - Tomas Rodriguez Couto, Buenos Aires, Argentina When I beat Sampras in Indian Wells three years ago. That gave me a lot of confidence on hard courts. That was one of my most important wins. How do you motivate yourself after playing tennis competitively for many years? - Sarah The last two years I found it tough. Mentally I wasn't where I should have been and the motivation went down a bit. I don't know why. This year things have changed. Perhaps it has to do with maturing a bit. I love tennis. And I recognize that I'm living a life that many people would like to have. There are people in the world who don't have enough food to eat. I play tennis for a living and get paid well. 真感人的一席話啊 Do you think you can break back into the Top 10? It's something you have to take step by step. First you must aim to make the Top 30, then the Top 20. It's something you always want to achieve. I'm a competitive guy and I want to be at the top again. I have started the year well and if I keep doing the same things, why can't I be in the Top 10 again? Who would you say is the most fierce and toughest player you have ever faced? What do you think about Lleyton Hewitt and his chances of retaining the No.1 spot for the third year in a row? - Gaby He is unbelievably strong mentally. He doesn't have the biggest game, but he's No.1. You can see he also loves tennis, which is good for the spectators. He'd be somebody who could finish No.1 at the end of the year. Agassi is in great shape and he may also finish No.1. Safin, Ferrero, Moya and Federer could also do it. Who is the best player on clay today in your opinion? Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero or Gustavo Kuerten? - Eduardo Cantergi At the moment I would have to say it's more than one. Ferrero, Moya, Guga, Costa and some of the Argentines are very dangerous. If Agassi or Safin are in great shape they are very dangerous too. What would you be if you weren't a tennis player? - Sofie, Belgium I would have done something to do with sports. I love many sports, not just tennis. I'm someone who likes to learn about many things. My life is not just about tennis. I like to read a lot and learn about history and geography. My parents are both school teachers. I never want to stop learning. When I finish my career I want to study. I speak Spanish, Catalan and English, and I understand some Italian and Portuguese. It's important to try to learn languages. When I finish I will try to learn more languages. 好上進 來學中文吧^^ What kind of plan do you have against a player who does everything well like your first-round opponent Roger Federer? - Brian It will be a very tough match, but a good match. He's one of the fittest guys on the tour and has won 15 of his past 16 matches. That will help my level. I'm a competitive guy and I'll go out there and try to beat him. I was very surprised that you were not in the Spanish team for the Davis Cup match against Belgium. Moya, Ferrero, Costa and Corretja are very great players, but I think you have had a better start to the year and deserve a place for the next round. How do you feel about that? Is Davis Cup a priority for you? To play Davis Cup is something all the players want to do. If they want me I'll be ready to go and do my best. What is your favorite tournament and why? - Geert Acapulco, where I played recently, is a very nice tournament. Barcelona is special for me. Of the Grand Slams, my favorites are the Australian Open and Roland Garros. How do you prepare against an opponent you have never played before in your career? You've got to play your own game. Have confidence in yourself and your game and play the match the way you want to. -- Well he writes the line wrote down my spine It says "Oh do you believe in love there?" -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 218.187.34.230

推 218.162.63.80 03/13, , 1F
真是個勤學的好好先生呢!XD
推 218.162.63.80 03/13, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #-RqKcxw (Spain_PL)