[外電] Korver can roll with role off bench

看板Sixers作者 (L')時間17年前 (2006/10/30 20:08), 編輯推噓5(500)
留言5則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Korver can roll with role off bench Korver可以扮演好板凳暴徒的角色。 http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/15883216.htm By PHIL JASNER jasnerp@phillynews.com Posted on Mon, Oct. 30, 2006 He seems more serene, more accepting, more prepared for whatever might be coming next. And maybe Kyle Korver had to, as did the rest of the 76ers, go through the nightmare of last season to get to this fresh, new point in his career. 面對未來球隊賦予他的角色,他似乎變的更穩重、更可以承擔這個責任、也做了 更好的準備。跟七六人的其他人一樣,也許Kyle Korver必須要通過去年賽季惡夢般 的考驗,然後迎向他籃球生涯嶄新的一頁。 He had been a starter unceremoniously shuttled to the bench, as if someone had won a competition to take his spot. He bristled at conversations on the subject with reporters, simply saying he wanted to play the whole game. He could, with political correctness, have said he was willing to do whatever was best for the team. But it wasn't that kind of season. 去年他曾經是先發球員。在毫無預警的情況之下,被放到板凳;就好像有人跟 他來一場比賽,贏了他,然後取代他的位置。在跟記者談論這件事情的時候,他表 現出忿忿不平的樣子,只簡單的表示,他希望能打滿全場。其實他可以用官方說法, 告訴記者為了球隊他可以做任何角色,然而去年的球季並不是那樣。 "They were all upset last year," was the way Sixers coach Maurice Cheeks phrased it. 七六人總教練Maurice Cheeks說:「他們對於去年的表現都感到失望」。 This is how Korver, the team's best perimeter shooter, views last season's 38-44 finish that landed them in the lottery and left president and general manager Billy King talking about "changing the culture" of the franchise, about identifying several dozen players around the NBA in whom he had an interest. 七六人以38勝44負的戰績結束了上個賽季,這種戰績足以讓他們落在樂透選秀區, 也讓球隊總裁兼經理Billy King提起要『改變球隊體質』的想法;並觀察NBA數十名他 感到興趣的球員。身為隊上最好的長程炮塔,Korver是如何看待這件事呢? "For a while last year, I think, just with the losses and the negativity, guys got down a little bit," Korver said recently. "When you have that kind of mentality, it's just hard to play basketball, and it's harder to play good basketball." 最近Korver表示:「我認為去年有好一段時間,我們處於勝少敗多的不利情況, 大家都有點沮喪。在這種心理狀態之下,你很難下場去比賽。要打出好球,那就更 難了」。 In the end, the only change of real consequence has been in the attitude and approach of the coaching staff and a roster that shows the same core group without the addition of an impact veteran. For Korver, easily the team's best shooter and one of the better three-point shooters in the league, it appears to mean a consistent role off the bench. Cheeks has said that Korver isn't "pigeonholed" in that position. 最終,七六人的改變,只有態度和教練團的小幅更動。他們的陣容擁有同樣的 核心球員,也沒有增加帶來足夠影響力的老經驗球員。對於這位隊上最好的射手, 同時也身列聯盟頂尖三分射手的Korver來說,顯而易見地,這代表他仍然要擔任 提供板凳得分的角色。而Cheeks說過,Korver擔任這樣的角色『並不會壓抑他的能力』。 Still, Cheeks has said he is leaning toward using Kevin Ollie as a starting guard in Wednesday night's season opener against Atlanta, allowing Andre Iguodala to move to small forward. Cheeks表示,他正試著學習如何讓Kevin Ollie擔任開幕戰先發控後,在星期三 面對亞特蘭大老鷹,然後將Andre Iguodala移到小前鋒的位置。 "I really like it, actually," Korver said. "I don't even want to start anymore. I don't even want to get into all that again. I want to play. I'm not saying I don't want to play as much. I still want to play a lot. If someone else feels good about starting, that's great." 「事實上,我喜歡這樣的陣容」,Korver說:「我甚至不想再回到先發 的名單上,不想再重蹈覆轍;但我想上場表現。我不是說我想縮短上場時間, 我仍然希望可以在場上待久一點,但是如果其他人對於這樣的先發名單感到 滿意,我也會覺得很棒」。 He is looking for consistency and predictability in a profession that doesn't always offer those perks. NBA這種職業,是沒有穩定性與可預測性的,但他正在追求這種額外利益。 "I just want the same thing [on a regular basis]," he said. "If that means coming off the bench, that's fine. I feel like I've improved; I just don't want to go from starting to not starting. Right now, I'm very comfortable and ready to go." 他說:「我只期望有規律的時間以及明確的角色。如果要我提供板凳的火力, 那很好,我會覺得自己有所進步。我只是不希望讓我先發之後,再把我列在板凳 名單。我樂於現在的定位,也做好一切準備」。 Cheeks seems equally comfortable with what he has seen. Cheeks似乎也樂見Korver在隊上的表現。 "I think he's been, if not the best player this training camp and preseason... then maybe it's because he's been in that role already, coming off the bench, providing that offense for us. So far, he's flourished in that role. Maybe he stays in that role, maybe he doesn't. Certainly, as the season goes on, you may have to make adjustments, but right now I like him in the role he's in." 「我認為如果他不是在訓練營和熱身賽中表現最好的球員,那是因為他 擔任替補角色。他可以從板凳席中挺身而出,適時為我們提供進攻火力,也許 他會繼續擔任板凳球員;也許不會。當賽季開打,你必須做適時調整,但是 我喜歡他現在的角色」。 Korver has his defensive deficiencies, but he lends credence to the description of a guy "who knows how to play." Korver有他防守能力上的不足,但在『知道用腦筋打球』這個形容詞上,他為 自己帶來更多肯定。 "I understand him a lot better," Cheeks said. "I understand a lot of things he can do a lot better." Cheeks說:「我更了解他了,我了解到他可以在許多方面做的更好」。 Korver says, "I know there are a lot of things where my game can expand - in pick-and-roll, coming off screens, taking one or two dribbles [to get open for shots], pump fakes." Korver說:「我知道我在上場可以做更多事情:利用擋切走位、也許運個球、 作假動作,然後尋找空檔投籃」。 "I feel like I can do more," he said. "I feel like my numbers should be better, but that's what the season is for, to prove that you can." 「我覺得我可以提供更多貢獻,數據應該可以更好,這就是我本季的目標— 證明我的能力」。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.141.130.42

10/30 23:07, , 1F
korver加油!!
10/30 23:07, 1F

10/31 07:28, , 2F
感謝翻譯。
10/31 07:28, 2F

10/31 08:15, , 3F
推翻譯....KK加油
10/31 08:15, 3F

10/31 10:29, , 4F
Ollie,AI,ai太矮了吧...跟SIM時期差不多 |||
10/31 10:29, 4F