[寫作班] 托福第47週 scng72 4

看板ST-English作者 (微斯人吾誰與歸!)時間14年前 (2009/12/04 22:18), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ 引述《dvlin (Dee)》之銘言: : 4. Many students have to live with roommates while going to school or : university. What are some of the important qualities of a good roommate? Not a regular article, but somewhat reflect my inner thought... To me, the most important quality of a roommate is to have empathy. Since we have to live together for at least a semester, we have to endure and accommodate the living habits of each other. I have met some different kinds of roommates such as staying all night long, playing rock music, keeping bad personal hygiene, etc. To have the best life in a dormitory is to make a pact with your roommate(s) and to be mature enough to bear one's own responsibility. If someone's irregular habit irritates you, you have to speak it out, but it is also education for you to communitate or negotiate with him/her. If you present your complaint in a improper way, you display your immaturity to others. Since it is not expected for people to break their relationship with others who shall live with you for a period of time, the one who advises others to change has to be more objective. Thus, to have empathy is the foundation of a roommate when you are other people's roommate and they are your roommates as well. Empathy reflects one's own respect toward both oneself and others, and it is always the lesson we have to learn from the interaction with others in a society. -- I would rather be ashes than dust! 寧化飛灰,不作浮塵。 I would rather that my spark should burn out 寧投熊熊烈火,光盡而滅。 in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.     http://0rz.tw/svgqv       不伴寂寂朽木,默默同腐。     ↑網誌,請記得開燈 Credo by Jack London (1876-1916) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.123.218.132

12/06 13:19, , 1F
foundation of a roomate這樣用好像怪怪的??
12/06 13:19, 1F

12/10 10:13, , 2F
那就改成 ... of being a good roommate ...
12/10 10:13, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1B6HecnJ (ST-English)