Re: [寫作班] 托福第44週(1)

看板ST-English作者 (天與弗取反受其咎)時間14年前 (2009/09/14 02:52), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
1. Learning about the past has no value for those of us living in the present. Do you agree or disagree? I don't agree the statement that we can't learn from the past. If we trace back to the history, many examples show us the reason why dynasties collapsed is due to the inability to learn from the past. Since we live in the present, we should on one hand look forward to the future, not the past; on the other hand, however, we may be able to retrieve some useful information and wisdom from the past. If we remember that the books teaching us some historical lessons, we should more appreciate the value of the past, since these lessons are the accumulation of the past, and we must do our best to keep them, not to forsake them. People saying "learning about the past has no value" are never aware of the importance of the history, and they ignore the existence of "experience." It's the experience that helps us not to make mistakes, protecting us from the repeating cycles of faults. Can we simply live in the present but be ignorant to the past? Surely, we need to look forward to the future, we can't always think of the brilliant past or live in the sad memory of the past. As Saint Paul said in the Bible that "forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before," try your best to learn from the past and, at the same time, step bravely and make your own future! -- I would rather be ashes than dust! 寧化飛灰,不作浮塵。 I would rather that my spark should burn out 寧投熊熊烈火,光盡而滅。 in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.     http://0rz.tw/svgqv       不伴寂寂朽木,默默同腐。     ↑網誌,請記得開燈 Credo by Jack London (1876-1916) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.123.218.132
文章代碼(AID): #1AhJznMC (ST-English)