ATP首冠報導: Ivo Karlovic

看板SRB-CRO作者時間17年前 (2007/04/17 20:05), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
First Time ATP Winner Spotlight: Ivo Karlovic http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=5198296&postcount=289 奪冠照片 Ivo Karlovic became the third player to win his first ATP title of the season on Sunday with a 6-4, 6-1 victory over Argentine qualifier Mariano Zabaleta in Houston. The towering Croat (6'10", 2.08m) became the tallest player to win an ATP title. Karlovic成為今年第三個首冠選手,也成為身高最高的ATP巡迴賽冠軍XD. 下面是ATP官網的訪問: How does it feel to win your first ATP title in your third final and do you think the past finals helped you going in today? It's really an unbelievable feeling to win my first ATP title. I was a little bit nervous at the beginning because it was my third final and I really wanted to win. I was relaxed after I won the first set and it was easier. It helped that I reached the final at Queen's two years ago against Roddick and it was 7-6, 7-6. Then in San Jose this year. I was up a set and a break in San Jose against Murray and I started rushing, and I lost. Today I knew what I had to do and I concentrated. 被問到這是第三個決賽,是否之前的決賽對今天有幫助? Karlovic覺得很開心,一開始有點 緊張,因為他真的很想拿冠軍,當贏了第一盤後,就比較放鬆一點,過去的決賽經驗的確有幫 助,像今年聖荷西,一開始因為太著急,導致輸球,今天他就知道該如何去調整. Did you ever think your first ATP title would come on clay? I didn't think I would win my first title on clay. I enjoy playing on faster surfaces like grass and hard courts. But this clay is faster than the red clay and it suits my game. I also have a little bit more time on clay to set up my shots and it's really good for my game. 有想過第一個冠軍是紅土嗎? 他說沒想過,他比較喜歡快速場地,像草地和硬地.但是綠土 (有看過比賽照片,這次似乎是綠土)比紅土還快一點,所以還蠻適應的.他也花了時間在 紅土場地上去練球. You were only broken once this week and was this the best you ever served in a tournament considering it's his least favorite surface (although he was only broken once at Queen's in 2005)? I was holding well on my serve this week and on clay you have to have some other shots and it's really important to have tactics. It's not easy on clay to hold serve compared to grass or hard courts. My baseline game was really good and my forehand was very good as well. 這次比賽總共只被破發一次,他覺得這禮拜發球狀況很好,在紅土上必須得有其他的策略 和擊球,在紅土上發球比草地硬地更難掌握,這次他的底線和正拍都發揮的很好. How does it feel to join your countrymen such as Goran Ivanisevic, Ivan Ljubicic and Mario Ancic to win an ATP title? It's always a dream to win an ATP title and for me to join others in Croatia like Ivanisevic, Ancic and Ljubicic. I am really proud to be in that group now. 對於能夠成為克羅埃西亞曾拿過冠軍的一員,他很高興. Last season you were injured from June through the rest of the season and what happened? Last year I was injured for six months with my knee and it was a difficult period for me. I was struggling last year mentally and physically because I was out for a long time. I was working hard to overcome that injury. This year I just wanted to come into the matches as fit as possible. 去年Karlovic膝蓋受傷,對他來說是很艱難的一段時間,缺席賽事對身心都是煎熬,他很努力 克服傷痛,今年他只想要多參加比賽. Do you have any ranking goals or other personal goals in 2007? I want to stay healthy and play without pain. Now obviously it's changed and I would like to finish in the Top 30 this year. 對於今年的目標,他一開始覺得能夠健康比賽就好,現在似乎對於能夠進前30有了一點希望. Everyone knows that your serve is the best part (strength) of your game? What other parts of your game are your strengths? My volleys and forehand are my biggest strengths besides my serve. 大家都知道發球是他的最大武器,其他部分他覺得上網和正拍也是. Growing up did you look up to any player(s) and who were your favorite ones? When I was younger I really admired Ivanisevic because he was from Croatia and was huge. Also Becker was another player I liked to watch. They were both really big in Croatia. 偶像或崇拜的選手,是伊凡和Becker,他們在克國都很受歡迎. If you weren't playing pro tennis what would be the thing you would like to be doing? And why? If I wasn't playing tennis I would probably play basketball. I really enjoy playing basketball and I started when I was younger. 如果沒打網球,他會去打籃球(XD),他很喜歡打籃球,而且小時候就就開始打了. Who helped you get your start in tennis and when you were younger did you ever think about winning an ATP title one day? My father helped me play tennis when I was younger and was really supportive. He said I should play because you don't get injured as often as the other sports. Everyone's goal is to win an ATP title and it's an unbelievable feeling to do it. 他父親小時候開始幫助他打網球,而且很支持他,因為他父親覺得網球不比其他運動常受傷 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 211.74.229.108

04/17 21:34, , 1F
雖然我是外行看熱鬧,但是看到他拿到冠軍我好感動喔.....
04/17 21:34, 1F

04/17 22:20, , 2F
恭喜囉 這次Houston改成綠土 感覺快了許多
04/17 22:20, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #169BWBUf (SRB-CRO)