[外電] Everybody is down on the Shaq deal. …

看板SHAQ作者 (StaRt a NEw LifE~)時間16年前 (2008/02/21 00:43), 編輯推噓2(201)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 PHX-Suns 看板] 作者: kerrys (台北不是我的家) 看板: PHX-Suns 標題: [外電] Everybody is down on the Shaq deal. Guess what? 時間: Wed Feb 20 22:31:34 2008 原文出處: http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3243576 -- You probably have been waiting to read one writer dumb enough to defend the Shaq trade. Well, look no further. Here I am. 你或許早就在等待,等待是否會有一個愚蠢至極的作者會替大歐這筆交易說些正面的 話。嗯,不用再找啦,我就是那個人。 Remember, I'm the guy who wrote a column called "Welcome to the No Balls Association" last year, after the deadline passed without a major trade. I found it appalling that so many GMs had a chance to compete for a title— whether it was a puncher's chance or a legitimate one—except nobody had the imagination or testicular fortitude to go all in. Instead, the entire league checked on the flop. 記得吧,我就是那個在去年交易截止日過後沒看到任何大交易案出現憤而寫下"歡迎來 到沒球打聯盟(No Balls Association)"專欄的傢伙。我發現一個驚人的事實就是竟然有這 麼多的總管有機會去爭奪總冠軍 - 不管這個機會是微乎其微或是一半一半 - 根本沒有人 有足夠的想像力或夠硬的卵蛋敢把全身家當給押下去。相反的,整個聯盟的人都會在第一 張牌翻開時就停手,只跟進但不再下注。 So it would be hypocritical of me to crush Steve Kerr and the Suns. Yeah, they could have gotten more for Shawn Marion. Yeah, you never want to make a trade in which the other team responds, "We'll do it!" in 0.00045 seconds. (Kerr could have at least pushed the Heat for the right to swap first-rounders once between 2009 and 2013.) Yeah, this was like Phoenix's getting Jack Nicholson in the Departed stage of his career instead of The Shining or even As Good as It Gets. Yeah, there's a good possibility that this will fail miserably and Kerr will be back on TNT before we know it. 所以如果我在此大肆批評Steve Kerr和太陽,我就是個偽善者。是的,他們確實能用 Matrix換回更多的東西。是的,你絕不會希望做出一筆其他球隊在0.00045秒內就回答," 就這麼定了!"的交易。(Kerr至少可以要求熱火多送一枚'09-'13年之間的第一輪選秀權吧 。)是的,這就像鳳凰城在Jack Nicholson已經逐漸走下坡的"神鬼無間(2007)"時期才邀請 他來演戲,而不是在"鬼店(1980)"或甚至是"愛在心裡口難開(1997)"的當紅時期就邀請到 他。是的,很有可能這筆交易不會有個完美的結果而Kerr將會在我們得到消息之前就回鍋 TNT擔任球評。 But that's the cool thing: If the trade doesn't work, Kerr gets canned. If it does work, he's a genius. There is no middle ground. We rarely see an NBA executive put himself in such a position because the basketball universe is so much more public now, thanks to a phalanx of websites, blogs and message boards on which everyone thinks they're smarter than every GM. Screw up once, and you're raked through the coals for eternity. Why would anyone ever roll the dice and risk his job? 不過有件事情很酷:如果這筆交易不成功,Kerr會被火掉。如果這筆交易成功了,他 就是個天才。不成功,便成仁,沒有中間的模糊地帶。我們很少會看到有一個NBA總管把自 己置身於這樣如履薄冰的情境之中,由網頁、部落格和留言板所交織而成的網路世界已經 讓現今的籃球圈幾乎毫無保留地呈現在大家面前,而幾乎每個人都認為他們比每一位總管 還聰明。搞砸一次,你大概會永遠被當作大家的笑柄。為什麼會有人敢拿自己的工作當賭 注,用擲骰子來決定自己的未來呢? Well, Kerr didn't care what anyone might think. He spent three months watching his Suns play joyless, businesslike basketball and be abused by every quality low-post scorer. Everyone else on the team seemed beaten down by having to cater to Marion and Amare, and Steve Nash looked like a dispirited alpha dog on a Survivor tribe that keeps falling short in every challenge. On paper, assuming he isn't washed-up, Shaq was a logical play for a team that desperately needed a big guy and better chemistry. Who breathes life into a moribund team like Shaq if he's in a good mood? It's like adding Jeffrey Ross to a celebrity roast dais: You can't quantify his impact. 嗯,Kerr並不在乎其他人怎麼想。過去三個月的時間他親眼看到他的太陽打著無精打 采、一板一眼的比賽,而且被每一個低位得分高手蹂躪踐踏。似乎隊上每一個人都已經對 必須迎合Matrix和小史感到厭倦,而球隊一哥Nash看起來就像在Survivor生存遊戲中一次 又一次的挑戰中對奪冠越來越不抱希望的領頭羊。理論上,假設大歐不是不行了,那對一 支迫切需要一個大個子以及良好化學效應的球隊來說,他會是個合適的人選。大歐在那支 死氣沉沉的球隊已經憋了一肚子鳥氣,如果他能有好心情,那就像是在名人BBQ聚餐上加聘 Jeffery Ross上台主持一樣:你無法量化他帶來的正面幫助會有多大。 There was also an addition-by-subtraction element everyone ignored—namely, what was so indispensable about Marion? A year ago, this magazine wrote a story about Marion in which he admitted he couldn't decide if it would be more fun to be part of a great team or to be the best player on a decent one. It's not that he's a bad guy, just a little delusional, the David Caruso of the game: someone who doesn't realize how good he has it until it is taken away. 另外還有一點,每個人都忘了捨得捨得,有捨才有得。意思是說,到底球隊有多需要 Matrix呢?一年前,這雜誌刊登了一篇關於Matrix的專訪,他承認他沒辦法確定,到底是 在一支一流勁旅中和其他高手一起為無上的冠軍榮譽努力比較快樂,或是到一支正在沉淪 的球隊當山大王比較爽快。這不是說他是個壞人,只是稍微幻想一下,他就像球場上的 David Caruso(CSI:Miami中的警探):一個直到失去才懂得珍惜的人。 And yeah, I know he's talented, and the stat geeks love him, even though he peaked as an impact player two seasons ago and has a nasty habit of disappearing in big games. But here's the smoking-gun question: When Marion was sent from the best team in the West to the worst team in the East, was he bummed? Was he furious about losing out on a potential ring? Was he depressed about being banished to hoops hell? No, no and no. By all accounts, he was excited to be making a fresh start. 還有,是的,我知道他很有天份,而且是數據魔人的最愛,儘管他在兩年前達到巔峰 ,成為一個有影響力的球員,但還是有一個致命的缺點,總會在關鍵比賽中自動隱形。但 這點是證據確鑿:當Matrix從西區最佳球隊被送至東區最差球隊,他是否因此垂頭喪氣? 他是否對於可能失去一枚總冠軍戒而大發雷霆?他是否對於被流放到連季後賽都摸不著邊 的大爛隊而傷心難過?不,不,不。據說,他對於能有一個全新的開始感到相當興奮。 And the Suns are supposed to miss him? Huh? Now factor in these four points: 而有人預測說太陽一定會想念他?蛤?你先看過以下四點再決定要不要這樣想吧: 1. Shaq played on one-dimensional teams with subpar supporting casts for the past seven seasons; during much of that time (2005 and 2006 excepted), he uneasily coexisted with spectacular scorers who did their best work while everyone else stood around and watched. I know Shaq has looked terrible this year, but you know what? Vintage Kareem would have looked just as bad watching D-Wade go one-on-three on a cancer-ridden team. The Suns didn't trade for Shaq as much as they rescued him. If anything can rejuvenate him, that will. 一、過去七個球季大歐都在打法一成不變,而且隊友無法提供有力支援的球隊中打球 ;其中大部分的時間('05和'06年除外),他沒辦法和超級得分好手合作愉快,因為那類型 的球員只有在每個隊友呆若木雞站在一旁看他個人秀時才能將得分本領發揮到極致。我知 道大歐今年表現看起來很鳥,不過你懂什麼?就算是老前輩天鉤賈霸重現江湖,待在一支 已經病入膏肓,只能清開空間看D-Wade一打三的球隊,看起來也不會比大歐厲害多少。與 其說太陽是為了補強而把大歐交易,還不如說是把他從地獄拯救過來。 2. Shaq hasn't played with a high-quality point guard … (wait for it) … (I'm serious) … ever! Not once! Everyone knows that Magic extended Kareem's career. You mean to say Nash couldn't make life similarly easy for Shaq? He couldn't draw Shaq's guy away from him, then find the big man for layups and dunks? Shaq wouldn't run the floor if he knew he was getting the ball? Why is Kenny Smith the only one pointing out that it's easier for an aging big guy to run the floor than to battle in a bruising half-court game? 二、大歐還沒有和頂尖控衛合作的經驗...(等等)...(我是認真的)...從來沒有!連一 次都沒有!每個人都知道魔術延長了賈霸的職業生涯。你的意思是說Nash沒有類似魔術那 種可以讓大歐輕鬆打球的威能?他沒辦法在吸引防守大歐的球員後找到空檔將球傳給大個 子輕鬆上籃或灌籃?如果大歐知道自己會拿到球,他不會願意滿場跑嗎?為什麼只有Kenny Smith曾經指出,對於一個逐漸老化的大個子來說,滿場跑的開放式打法會比真槍實彈的半 場陣地戰還輕鬆? 3. The difference between Nicholson in The Departed and Shaq in Phoenix is simple: Jack's performance failed because Jack thought it was good. He believed all the mugging and over-the-top theatrics were a good idea, and nobody told him differently because he's Jack. Had he approached the job like Shaq is approaching his Phoenix stint—humbled and inspired, with something to prove— he might have submitted a classic performance. The Suns medical staff has had enormous success perking up the careers of Nash and Grant Hill, two other talents who had been struggling to play with banged-up bodies. They just might be able to cajole a comeback from a motivated Diesel. It's not unrealistic, right? 三、Nicholson在神鬼無間和大歐加盟鳳凰城之間的不同處是顯而易見的:Jack表現不 佳是因為他認為那部片很棒。他相信那些誇張至極的打鬥和槍戰場面就足以吸引人,但沒 有人告訴他這想法是有問題的,就只因為他是Jack。若是他演出時的態度能像大歐對待他 在鳳凰城這一段不會太長的時間一樣 - 謙虛而有活力,並且希望證明一些事情 - 他或許 就能有一次經典的完美演出。太陽醫療團隊已經在挽救Nash和Hill職業生涯時獲致驚人的 成功,這兩位才華洋溢的球員曾經因為飽受傷病困擾而無法發揮百分之百的實力打球。他 們或許能從受到激勵的大歐身上獲得龐大的挹注。這並不是不切實際,對吧? 4. The financial issues of this trade have been overblown. Shaq makes less money than Marion and Marcus Banks will in 2008 and 2009. As for the $20 million owed him in 2010, there is always a market for expiring contracts, as the Lakers recently proved by dealing Kwame Brown's corpse for Pau Gasol. 四、關於交易可能造成團隊薪資爆表的說法是言過其實了。大歐在'08和'09年球季的 薪水比Matrix和Marcus Banks的薪水加起來少。就算他在'10年的薪水高達2,000萬美元也 不需要太擔心,市場上總有人願意接收即將到期的合約,鐵證如山,君不見湖人最近用 Kwame Brown的屍體換來了明星大前鋒Pau Gasol。 Really, I see no downside for Phoenix other than the 50% chance that Shaq is more washed-up than Katie Couric. But as we learned in No Country for Old Men, life is a series of coin flips. Sometimes you get heads; other times, tails. But you need to flip the coin to find out. After the NBA suits seemed to agree to keep things as safe and predictable as possible, Steve Kerr said, "Screw it, I'm calling heads" and went Anton Chigurh on us. 真的,我看不出來大歐會比哥倫比亞廣播公司(CBS)以年薪1,500萬美元重金自國家廣 播公司(NBC)挖來的晚間新聞女主播Katie Couric還要不濟,鳳凰城這筆交易不會有超過50 %的失敗可能性。但就像我們從險路勿近(2007)中習得的教訓,生命中我們時常要面對丟銅 板決定事情的情況。有時候你會丟出正面;其他時候,會丟出反面。但你必須把銅板丟出 去,才會知道自己丟出哪一面。在NBA制服組似乎同意一動不如一靜以及盡可能讓所有事情 都在掌控之內的情況下,Steve Kerr說,"丟吧,我猜正面。",他用影片中冷血殺手Anton Chigurh的方式來對待我們。 Kerr got crushed for the trade because nobody would have blamed him for standing pat. Yup, that's the league we love, a league in which you're better off doing nothing than something. I hated this and said as much in that dot-com column. It means that even if I didn't agree with the trade, I'd have to support it, ignoring my memories of Shaq plodding up and down the floor in Miami like a mummy and placing my faith in Phoenix's crack medical staff, a group of people I've never even met. Kerr因為做了這筆交易案而被罵得狗血淋頭,因為沒有人會因為他選擇不交易而責怪 他。對啊,這是我們深愛的聯盟,一個認為多做多錯,不如不做不錯的聯盟。我痛恨這樣 的想法,而且在網路專欄上面已經寫了太多太多了。意思是說就算我不同意這筆交易,我 也會支持它。我會忘掉大歐在邁阿密球場上如同木乃伊一般緩慢移動的記憶,並相信鳳凰 城醫療團隊妙手回春的功夫,雖然這群人我素未謀面。 But I'm not crazy. The Suns didn't have a chance of winning a title two weeks ago. Now? They're an intriguing choice. And they definitely have a higher ceiling. They have upside. Isn't the definition of a good deal one that betters the state you're in? If the basketball gods exist, Shaq will find the fountain of youth in the desert instead of a fountain of gravy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really am. 我不是瘋了。太陽在兩個禮拜前沒有贏得總冠軍的機會。現在?他們或許是總冠軍的 強力候選人。而他們肯定會有更好的表現。他們擁有這樣的潛力。好交易的其中一個定義 不正是能使球隊更有競爭力嗎?如果籃球之神確實存在,大歐將會在沙漠中找到能夠恢復 青春的年輕之泉,而不是讓人肥胖的肉汁之泉。我會一直為他祈禱。我真的會(為他祈禱) 。 Regardless, it's probably a good idea for Kerr to switch from briefs to boxers. Those giant cojones could use the extra room. 不管怎樣,對Kerr來說,從緊緊的小三角褲換成寬大的四角內褲,讓那些巨大的睪丸 能有更多的活動空間或許是個好主意吧。(應該是說既然有這麼大的膽子,那就賭一把大的 吧。) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.241.111.125

02/20 22:37,
推這篇外電!!!
02/20 22:37

02/20 22:38,
翻得好棒 XD
02/20 22:38

02/20 22:51,
Kerr:我這一生 如履薄冰 你說我走得到對岸嗎?
02/20 22:51

02/20 22:55,
推外電
02/20 22:55

02/20 22:56,
大人 危險!!
02/20 22:56

02/20 22:57,
推這篇!
02/20 22:57

02/20 22:58,
推外電!
02/20 22:58

02/20 22:59,
PUSH
02/20 22:59

02/20 22:59,
penny算不算頂尖後衛呢? 這樣子應該也算有和頂尖PG合作過吧
02/20 22:59

02/20 23:00,
歐肥:我這一生 如履薄冰....(砰) (薄冰裂開了...)
02/20 23:00

02/20 23:01,
Penny是頂尖控衛啊! NBA第一隊耶
02/20 23:01

02/20 23:12,
推外電 不過最後一句話很囧
02/20 23:12

02/20 23:13,
最後一段的說法還真少見 XD
02/20 23:13

02/20 23:16,
推!!!!!明天就換我們摧殘別人的禁區吧!!! >//< 好興奮!!
02/20 23:16

02/20 23:29,
Kerr:四角內褲 有鬆有爽到XDDD
02/20 23:29

02/20 23:31,
巨大的睪丸XDDD
02/20 23:31
※ 編輯: kerrys 來自: 118.232.68.138 (02/20 23:38)

02/20 23:44,
超期待明天比賽...
02/20 23:44

02/21 00:06,
頂尖控衛Penny Hardaway也算是個全明星先發後衛了
02/21 00:06

02/21 00:07,
推CSI 邁阿密的槍神 歪嘴老何 跟 每集都有的比基尼與屍體
02/21 00:07

02/21 00:08,
Kwame Brown's corpseXDDDDDDDDDDD真慘
02/21 00:08