[新聞] Belt goes on DL with wrist fracture

看板SFGiants作者 (GIANTS!!!)時間13年前 (2011/06/05 10:43), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://0rz.tw/aTnoi Belt goes on disabled list with wrist fracture By Adam Berry / MLB.com | 06/04/11 8:24 PM ET SAN FRANCISCO -- Brandon Belt didn't start his second Major League stint of 2011 the way he wanted to, getting promoted in the wake of Buster Posey's season-ending injury, and the promising young hitter received more bad news Saturday. An MRI revealed a hairline fracture in his left wrist that will take about a month to fully heal and could keep him sidelined for about two weeks. Belt sustained the injury in Tuesday night's 4-3 loss to the Cardinals when he was hit by a fastball from St. Louis reliever Trever Miller in the seventh inning, and the initial X-rays were negative. But the MRI run Saturday morning revealed the break in his wrist, which Belt said "chipped off just a tad," and sent him to the 15-day disabled list. "It's really frustrating, especially when you just get up here. I felt pretty good the days before I had the injury," Belt said. "I was feeling good at the plate, feeling good in the field. The team was starting to get on a little roll, and I was pretty excited. Then all of a sudden, this happens. It's a little bit of a setback, but nothing we can't overcome." Belt, wearing a brace around the wrist as he stood at his locker Saturday afternoon, said he wanted to give his wrist the necessary amount of rest so it doesn't cause him further problems down the line, and he added that it has felt better each day since he suffered the injury. "As soon as the pitch hit me, I thought there might be something wrong," Belt said. "I didn't expect it to get well within the next few days, but it did, took huge leaps and bounds from Day 1 and just got better and better. I didn't think anything of it. I just figured the next few days, I'd be all right and ready to go." The team's training staff told Belt it will take about a month for his wrist to completely heal, but the break isn't bad enough to require Belt to sit out the full recovery period. "I don't plan on being out that long. I'll be able to be back in there as soon as I can get a bat in my hand and swing it full speed," he said. "I don't expect it to take a month. Hopefully a week or two at most." To fill Belt's spot on the roster, the Giants recalled Conor Gillaspie from Triple-A Fresno, where the third baseman was batting .278 with three homers and 32 RBIs in 53 games. Gillaspie played in eight games with the Giants in 2008, singling in five at-bats. Adam Berry is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. 好多傷兵啊啊啊啊啊 (崩潰) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.38.247.177

06/05 20:05, , 1F
怎麼連Belt也...(抱頭)
06/05 20:05, 1F

06/08 21:03, , 2F
06/08 21:03, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1DwkrK6V (SFGiants)