2007 San Francisco Giants Prospects

看板SFGiants作者 (野狗幼稚園大班)時間17年前 (2006/11/27 11:05), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
By John Sickels 2007 San Francisco Giants Prospects 1. Tim Lincecum, RHP, Grade A (terrific) 2. Jonathan Sanchez, LHP, Grade B (a solid pitcher if he stays healthy) 3. Marcus Sanders, 2B, Grade B (this assumes that his shoulder injury was the cause of his problems last year. I am not certain of this grade and am open to arguments either way). 4. Billy Sadler, RHP, Grade B- (I like him best of all the middle relief candidates) 5. Kevin Frandsen, 2B, Grade B- (is this too high?) 6. Eddy Martinez-Esteve, OF, Grade B- (this assumes good health) 7. Emmanuel Burriss, SS, Grade B- (borderline C+ but draft status boosts him a bit) 8. Fred Lewis, OF, Grade C+ (I like him better than this grade implies but he's getting old for a prospect) 9. Nate Schierholtz, OF, Grade C+ (I keep going back and forth on this guy) 10. Travis Ishikawa, 1B, Grade C+ (Good glove, mediocre bat for a first baseman) 11. Brian Wilson, RHP, C+ (another middle relief candidate) 12. Brian Anderson, RHP, C+ (another middle relief candidate) 13. Eugenio Velez, OF, C+ (added to 40-man roster after strong '06 but already 24) 14. Ben Copeland, OF, C+ (possible fourth outfielder eventually, perhaps should be grade C) 15. Osiris Matos, RHP, C+ (another middle relief candidate) 16. Clayton Tanner, LHP, C+ (young pitcher a long way away) 17. Antoan Richardson, OF, C+ (speed demon but can he hit at higher levels?) 18. Justin Hedrick, RHP, C (another middle relief candidate) 19. Joseph Martinez, RHP, C (good control) 20. Jesse Floyd, RHP, C (interchangeable with guys below) Others to Pay Attention To: Joe Bateman, RHP; Chris Begg, RHP; Manuel Cabeza, RHP; Brian Horwitz, OF; Mike McBryde, OF; Pat Misch, LHP; Mike Mooney, OF; Matt Palmer, RHP; Nick Pereira, RHP; Kelvin Pichardo, RHP; Kevin Pucetas, LHP; Sharlon Schoop, SS; Ben Snyder, LHP; Erick Threets, LHP; Clay Timpner, OF; Merkin Valdez, RHP; Dan Ortmeier, OF. Young pitchers Pichardo and Pucetas are being considered for the Top 20; this is all a work in progress. The Giants in a Sentence: The Giants have some interesting relief arms after Lincecum and Sanchez, but have shown little ability to develop hitters with plate discipline or plus offensive potential. This list took forever and it is really not done yet, but I wanted to get it out there since it is already late. There is a large mass of Grade C type guys who are marginal prospects or just too far away to tell for sure. The only guy I'm really certain about at all is Lincecum, which is a no-brainer. I like Sanchez a lot, but all the other guys have at least one question mark and in some cases several. Injuries were also a huge issue. I may also be too generous with some of those C+ grades and some of them may get reduced to regular Cs later on. Note: Remember that ALL GRADES ARE PRELIMINARY. There is a lot of slack in the B-/C+/C range and players may move up and down depending on how my thinking progresses. Feel free to make comments, point out sleepers I may have missed, etc. Note that there is only a limited amount of space in the book, and the max I can do is 35-36 players per team. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.115.185.205
文章代碼(AID): #15QbNmOX (SFGiants)