Re: [問題] 關於學校的英文作文比賽...

看板SENIORHIGH作者 (I love Tchaikovsky...)時間14年前 (2010/04/14 01:26), 編輯推噓5(502)
留言7則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
我不想提過多技巧或是用專有名詞來讓原PO更困惑, 所以直接來看一篇範文。英文作文變化很多, 初入門時建議還是先從經典的寫法下手。 Bertrand Russell是諾貝爾文學獎得主,以下這篇文章 "What I have lived for"是他自傳的前言,文筆優美, 人們爭相傳誦。而且結構也很明確,是作文的良好範本。 傳統上,英文作文的結構被分成三大部分: Introduction Development (body) Conclusion 而五段式寫作更是其中代表性的寫法。 這篇範文是採用以下的結構: Introduction body paragraph 1 ─┐ body paragraph 2 ├── Body body paragraph 3 ─┘ conclusion 如果一篇essay能夠依照這樣模式寫作, 那就能稱得上是四平八穩,能大幅降低出錯的機率。 切記:在下筆之前,務必先大致擬好各段落的內容。 What I have lived for 標題: 我為何而活 Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. These passions, like great winds, have blown me hither and thither, in a wayward course, over a great ocean of anguish, reaching to the very verge of despair. ----------------------------------------------------------------- 首段,Introduction 這篇文章目的是探討"為何而活", 而作者在首段就直接給了一個明確的回覆。 Three passions, simply but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life. 這叫做thesis statement,文章的宗旨,也是文章最核心的部份。 這三種熱情就是作者為何而活的原因,結合文章標題就變成: I have lived for three passions. 接著作者說明這三種熱情: 1. the longing for love 2. the search for knowledge 3. unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind Introduction的關鍵就是提綱挈領 下面的Body的部份,作者緊接著分別講述這三種熱情。 --------------------------------------------------------------------- I have sought love, first, because it brings ecstasy - ecstasy so great that I would often have sacrificed all the rest of life for a few hours of this joy. I have sought it, next, because it relieves loneliness--that terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness looks over the rim of the world into the cold unfathomable lifeless abyss. I have sought it finally, because in the union of love I have seen, in a mystic miniature, the prefiguring vision of the heaven that saints and poets have imagined. This is what I sought, and though it might seem too good for human life, this is what-- at last--I have found. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- 第二段 Body paragraph 1 : the longing for love 如果仔細看這段落,又會發現這段落本身又有次結構: 1. because it brings ecstasy 2. because it relieves loneliness 3. because in the union of love I have... 這三點就是為何"the longing for love"會被作者列入三大熱情的原因 然後在這段的最後一句,作者做了一個小結論。 所以這一段本身又可以視為五個小結構 Introduction : I have sought love body 1: because 1 body 2: because 2 body 3: because 3 conclusion: I have found love ----------------------------------------------------------------------- With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of men. I have wished to know why the stars shine. And I have tried to apprehend the Pythagorean power by which number holds sway above the flux. A little of this, but not much, I have achieved. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- 第三段: Body paragraph 2 : the search for knowledge 用同樣的分析方法會發現,這段落裡又有三個原因: 1. I have wished to understand the hearts of men. 2. I have wished to know why the stars shine. 3. I have tried to apprehend... 這段的最後一句也是作者的結論,所以這段內又含有小小的五段式結構。 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Love and knowledge, so far as they were possible, led upward toward the heavens. But always pity brought me back to earth. Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my heart. Children in famine, victims tortured by oppressors, helpless old people a burden to their sons, and the whole world of loneliness, poverty, and pain make a mockery of what human life should be. I long to alleviate this evil, but I cannot, and I too suffer. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 第四段: Body paragraph 3 : unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind 此段首先承繼前兩段,然後帶出第三種熱情: pity 作者先寫道: Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my heart. 接著作者舉了各種例子,每一個都是屬於"Echoes of cries of pain" 1. Children in famine 2. victims tortured by oppressors 3. helpless old people a burden to their sons 4. and the whole world of loneliness, poverty... 此段的結論是: I long to alleviate this evil, but I cannot, and I too suffer. 所以各位就知道,文章的三個發展部各自內部又有較小的次單位, 而且一樣遵循Introduction - Body - Conclusion 這樣的結構。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ This has been my life. I have found it worth living, and would gladly live it again if the chance were offered me. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- 第五段: Conclusion 最尾段的一開始是: This has been my life. 這一句話總結了前面各段,呼應文章標題"What I have lived for" 以及首段"Three passions...have governed my life"緊密結合。 作者也做出了評論: I have found it worth living, and would gladly live it again if the chance were offered me. 此篇文章雖然篇幅極短,但是內容幾乎無可挑剔,各位不妨再細讀一遍。 希望這樣簡單的介紹可以讓各位稍微明白英文作文的寫作方式。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.214.141

04/14 01:38, , 1F
頭推
04/14 01:38, 1F

04/14 02:28, , 2F
專業推
04/14 02:28, 2F

04/14 04:15, , 3F
大部分的美國中學都會教這個,就跟中文的起承轉合一樣
04/14 04:15, 3F

04/14 07:45, , 4F
推~
04/14 07:45, 4F