[新聞] Roddick hired as FoxSportsLive co-host

看板Roddick作者 (  No7   )時間11年前 (2013/05/23 11:20), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
**大綱提要: Andy加入美國FOX Sports每天直播的新節目!! ** Andy Roddick hired as Fox Sports Live co-host http://ppt.cc/Aywn Andy Roddick is about to take on a new opponent: ESPN. The retired U.S. tennis star has been hired as one of the co-hosts of Fox Sports Live, a three-hour news, opinion and highlight show that will air nightly on Fox Sports 1 between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m. ET. The show is Fox Sports' challenge to SportsCenter and will debut when the network launches Aug. 17. →美國Fox Sports 將在八月推出每天live 直撥新節目"Fox Sports Live",3小時的 節目,內容包含當天新聞、評論、精華片段等,撥出時間為美國東部時間晚間11點 到2點,直接挑戰ESPN的SportsCenter節目。 Fox Sports executives say viewers should think of Fox Sports Live as multiple shows inside a three-hour block. Roddick will join host Charissa Thompson, who will soon leave ESPN for Fox, on one side of the studio as part of a panel discussing the sports news of the day and interviewing newsmakers. Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole, the popular hosts of TSN's late-night SportsCentre show, will appear on the other side of the studio as the primary highlight readers. Test shows for Fox Sports Live will start as early as June. Fox Sports plans to hire more panelists (likely former athletes) for the show in the near future. →Fox Sports 表示此三個小時的節目將是綜合的秀。Andy會搭配即將從ESPN跳槽的主 持人Charissa Thompson ,在攝影棚另外一端參與討論當日新聞與訪問新聞人物。 此節目將於六月初開始試撥,Fox Sports表示未來預計邀請更多人(前選手之類) 參與。 The 30-year-old Roddick said he will appear on Fox Sports Live nightly between Monday and Friday, working either four or five nights depending on the week. Fox Sports executives initially contacted him a few weeks after he announced his retirement from tennis at the U.S. Open last August. Roddick told Fox Sports executives that he was not looking for a full-time job in television. But the two sides stayed in touch throughout the next couple of months, as Fox Sports executives shared their vision with Roddick for a competitor to ESPN's SportsCenter. →Andy 表示他將出現的時段是周一到周五,而每周出沒至少四到五晚。Fox Sports 在去年Andy 宣布退休後僅幾個禮拜即曾接觸,但Andy 表示不想找上電視的全職的 工作,雙方持續保持接觸,而討論Fox Sports對於SportsCenter節目競爭者的想法。 DEITSCH: Fox Sports Live vs. SportsCenter "Throughout the interview process I was very honest," Roddick said. "I was the way I have always been: pretty direct and pretty opinionated. I think that's what they were looking for. I don't know if they were looking for a typical, run-of-the-mill type of show or someone with fabricated opinions." The interview process heated up a couple of months ago as Roddick embarked on three in-person interviews with Fox Sports executives in Los Angeles and multiple phone interviews. →Andy表示:"整個過程中我非常地誠實,就像我一直以來頗為直接與自有主見的,  我想這是他們所希望的。我不覺得他們在尋找的是一般的平順型的節目或有這類  想法的人"雙方持續互相討論而在這幾個月開始越來越熱烈。 "It started with gauging interest on both sides and I don't know that I was in a hurry to rush into anything that wasn't a perfect opportunity in my mind," Roddick said. "It was a fascinating process for me. I really haven't had to earn my keep in a given job since I was 18 years old. Getting the gig is a start, but I am certainly prepared to put the work in and learn about this side of it, and try to prove my worth to the guys taking a shot with me." What did Fox Sports want to hear from Roddick during the interview process? That Roddick was willing to work, according to Fox Sports executive vice president of studio production Scott Ackerson. →"一開始是利益的衡量,我知道我不想要衝動的加入一個不是完美的機會,這是一  個很美妙的過程。從我18歲以來我一直不需要做些什麼而爭取工作機會。這次主持  的機會是個開始,我已經準備好要努力工作、學習節目的另外一方面,向相信我的  人證明我自己的價值。" "It's a big job for the show," Ackerson said. "You are on three hours most nights talking about stuff that might be out of your comfort zone. I wanted to find out how hard he wanted to work and the indications I got was he is fully committed to this." →Fox Sports 的製作部副執行長Scott Ackerson 表示"這是秀中很重要的部分,幾 乎每天晚上三小時討論你所不熟悉的東西,我希望能夠知道他到底會多努力,而據 我所知我想他會全心全意投入。" Roddick's previous work on a syndicated Fox Sports Radio show (with host Bobby Bones) proved to be a big selling point for both Roddick and Fox Sports executives. (Fox Sports said Roddick could also get involved with its radio division again.) →Andy 之前所參與的Fox Sports Radio Show ,已經是個很成功的節目。 (而Fox Sports 同時表示Andy 仍可能再次參與廣播的節目。) "That was a huge thing for me to get reps, to learn how a show clock works," Roddick said. "I didn't pretend to know anything about radio. I was lucky that Fox Sports gave me a chance to learn on the job." →Andy 表示:"對我來說接下這機會是很重大的事情,能夠學習節目的運作方式。 我沒有裝作我對於廣播有任何了解,Fox Sports能給我機會學習這個工作是非常 幸運的事情。" Ackerson said he listened to Roddick on Fox Sports Radio and became convinced he could converse on multiple sports. After the interview process, Fox Sports formally offered Roddick the job more than a month ago. (He signed a multi-year deal.) Roddick said he and his actress-model wife, Brooklyn Decker, have leased a place in Los Angeles and will also maintain their home in Austin, Texas. Asked if Decker, a former Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover model, has given him any advice on his new gig, Roddick laughed and said, "We discuss the logistics of our potential work decisions and how we deal with that on a personal level, but I don't get too involved in what she has going on and vice versa. We trust each other enough to get the job done. So I don't know that she'll be advising me on my day-to-day commentary on Fox Sports Live." →Scott Ackerson 表示他聽過Andy 在廣播節目上的表現,而確認他能更勝認這個 工作。一個月之前Fox Sports正式地提供Andy這個工作,雙方簽了數年的合約。    Andy 表示他與Brooklyn 已經在LA租了房子,而會保有在Ausstin的家。在被問到 是否Brooklyn 針對新工作給了他任何意見時,Andy笑了繼而表示"我們討論對於 潛在可能接下的工作決定的邏輯性,和我們個人將如何應付這個決定, 但是我不 太深入干涉她要做的事情,相反來講她也是。我們互相信對方能夠勝任。所以, 我不知道她是否會給我每天的評論意見。" Ackerson described Roddick's role as being a part of "an intelligent discussion of athletes that can take any shape or form." Roddick said viewers should not expect him to merely blast athletes and coaching decisions. "The last thing I am going to try to do is try to think I know more than someone who makes decisions as a head coach in the NFL," Roddick said. "I don't think I will be the guy questioning Bill Belichick's coaching decisions in the fourth quarter. I think that's stupidity. But I think I can give a decent look on the preparation side of athletes, the business side and maybe what they are thinking going into a big situation or moment." →Scott Ackerson 形容Andy的工作部分是"針對運動員的精闢討論,而可採取任何 的形式",Andy 則表示觀眾不應該期待他專門針對運動員或教練決定的批評。  "我最不能夠嘗試去做的就是以為我知道得比那些做決定者知道得更多,例如NFL 的總教練。我不覺得我會是質疑Bill Belichick決定的那個人。我覺得那是很愚蠢 的,但我認為我可以提供就運動員準備面向的深入見解,商業方面,或者他們在重 要時刻當下的想法等…" Roddick still plays tennis occasionally and has an equity stake in World Team Tennis. (He'll be playing for the Springfield, Mo., franchise in July.) He said he'd be interested in an occasional one-off exhibition but his job with Fox Sports Live is his priority. He said he's not interested in commentating on tennis. →Andy 偶爾還是會打網球並將參與World Team Tennis ,他說他會有興趣偶爾參與 表演賽,但他在Fox Sports Live的工作將會優先。他並且表示他沒有興趣評論網 球。 "If Andy does his homework, has intelligent stuff to say, and if he has a good personality and chemistry with the others on the set, he will be successful," Ackerson said. "If it doesn't happen that way, he won't be. But I would be flabbergasted if he doesn't have success. I think he's the right person at the right time for this show." →Scott Ackerson 說"如果Andy 確實做功課,有聰明合理的評論,而和其他成員相 處得來而有化學反應,他就會很成功。但若無法的話,那當然就不會成功了。但若 他無法成功,我會嚇壞。我覺得他是我們這個節目的正確選擇。" -- ╭※╮ ╭═╯ ☆╭※╮ ╭╯│╰╮ ║ ╮ ╭ ╭═╮ ╭═╮ ╮ ╭ ╭╯│╰╮ ※──※ ╰═╮║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ※──※ ╰╮│╭╯ ╮ ║║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ╰═╯ ╰╮│╭╯ ╰※╯ ╰═╯╰═╯ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰※╯ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.24.57.38 ※ 編輯: sunny613 來自: 114.24.57.38 (05/23 12:18)

05/23 11:48, , 1F
!!!
05/23 11:48, 1F

05/23 14:19, , 2F
哇啊!!!!
05/23 14:19, 2F

05/23 16:56, , 3F
太好了!
05/23 16:56, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1HdOhqa3 (Roddick)